GTA: San Andreas - $29.99 After Mail-in Rebate - Coconuts

Plumberboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Just got back from Coconuts and they are still selling GTA: SA for $49.99 plus a $20 mail-in rebate. This offer is definitely good for the PS2. I'm not sure about the Xbox version. All copies of the game were pulled off the shelves, but they continue to sell them upon request at the register.

As with most mail-in offers, you'll need to send the UPC with the receipt to get the rebate. Therefore, if you plan on keeping the game sealed you'll probably want to look somewhere else for the game. The rebate is valid from 7/21 till 8/10. I didn't see any info on the Coconuts Web site, so this may only be good at the B&Ms.

Also, FYI, before going to Coconuts, I tried to order a copy of GTA:SA from MicroCenter for $27.83, but they are on back-order.

Yeah, it's good with the XBOX versions as well. I saw it at fye earlier this week.

I thought it was posted but in any case I haven't had a single good rebate experience with fye so I always tend to ignore them.

Some stores still have this out? All the stores around here that carry it have pulled it from shelves!

Those of you who can better go pick it up, the PS2 version is going for $100+ for sealed copies on eBay.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yeah, it's good with the XBOX versions as well. I saw it at fye earlier this week.

I thought it was posted but in any case I haven't had a single good rebate experience with fye so I always tend to ignore them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did a search for Coconuts prior to posting, but I didn't see anything returned about GTA:SA. Perhaps you're right, it may be posted somewhere under FYE.

I'm not a fan of the mail-in rebates myself. I was really hoping for the MicroCenter deal to work out. Oh well, hopefully, I won't get hosed on this deal. I'll probably keep the game sealed for a little while and see if a better deal comes along.

[quote name='Plumberboy']
Also, FYI, before going to Coconuts, I tried to order a copy of GTA:SA from MicroCenter for $27.83, but they are on back-order.[/QUOTE]

If you mean the website, how do you know it's on backorder (asking because I ordered yesterday and there is no way to check the order status online)? The page with the game info still shows it as shipping in 1 - 3 days but I guess it's wrong.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']If you mean the website, how do you know it's on backorder (asking because I ordered yesterday and there is no way to check the order status online)? The page with the game info still shows it as shipping in 1 - 3 days but I guess it's wrong.[/QUOTE]

Received an order confirmation from MicroCenter at 6:07pm ET yesterday. Received another eMail saying it was on back order around noon today (7/22). I called and cancelled the order around 5pm today.

[quote name='MicroCenter'] We're sorry to report that the merchandise listed below is not immediately available.

Though we expected to be able to send this product to you without delay, we have since found that we are unable to do so. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.[/quote]

Yeah I picked up 2 PS2 and 2 Xbox versions (yes I hoarded I know, but what would you do in a situation like this) with alot of credit I had leftover. The bad part is I plan on ebaying them all so I can't even get any of the rebates. Oh well all the credit that I used to get the copies really didn't cost me that much in comparison (I hope).

[quote name='Rubberlegs']Yeah I picked up 2 PS2 and 2 Xbox versions (yes I hoarded I know, but what would you do in a situation like this) with alot of credit I had leftover. The bad part is I plan on ebaying them all so I can't even get any of the rebates. Oh well all the credit that I used to get the copies really didn't cost me that much in comparison (I hope).[/QUOTE]

The eBay auctions do not appear to be going for very much over MSRP. One fool paid over $100 for GTA:SA (PS2) in the past two days, that's it. Otherwise, looking at the completed auctions (sign in to eBay required), it appears people are lucky to be getting $60, with a few getting $70, for the game. After you figure the tax you paid for the game, eBay listing fees, and the PayPal fees, the profit you may get is not worth the hassle to auction it in my opinion. Perhaps demand will go back up in the near future, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Good luck.

*Edit: It also appears two people paid over $100 for the Xbox version as well.

[quote name='Plumberboy']The eBay auctions do not appear to be going for very much over MSRP. One fool paid over $100 for GTA:SA (PS2) in the past two days, that's it. Otherwise, looking at the completed auctions (sign in to eBay required), it appears people are lucky to be getting $60, with a few getting $70, for the game. After you figure the tax you paid for the game, eBay listing fees, and the PayPal fees, the profit you may get is not worth the hassle to auction it in my opinion. Perhaps demand will go back up in the near future, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Good luck.

*Edit: It also appears two people paid over $100 for the Xbox version as well.[/QUOTE]

Well considering I paid $110-120 for 4 sealed GTA: SA, a used one, and NIB AR Max I'm not to concerned about making too much of a profit. But thanx for the concern.

[quote name='Plumberboy']Received an order confirmation from MicroCenter at 6:07pm ET yesterday. Received another eMail saying it was on back order around noon today (7/22). I called and cancelled the order around 5pm today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I didn't get that e-mail so I guess my copy isn't on backorder.

Man, still contemplating on whether to let the outpost.com order sit in "backorder" status or just cancel. Since the ESRB has decided to resticker the original print run copies with "AO" stickers, the backorder ban should lift soon right?

[quote name='cyberlian']is FYE pretty good about rebates? how can I go about getting multiple ones? Let friends send in for them???[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath on getting FYE rebates back. For every 3 I send in, I am lucky to get 1 back. If they say it is going to take 8-10 weeks, expect it to take 11 weeks if not more. I just got a rebate on friday for a game I bought back in Feb. They also really seem to have a problem with rebates for games that are purchased with store credit.

[quote name='Vinny']Some stores still have this out? All the stores around here that carry it have pulled it from shelves!

Those of you who can better go pick it up, the PS2 version is going for $100+ for sealed copies on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I retard would pay that much for it. How many copies are out there? In the millions I believe.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I was amazed that copies were selling for $100 on ebay[/QUOTE]

It's Ebay for one...people are stupid, reason #2. Reason #3, people are stupid.

Who is this bostonfrontier guy? Does he think he's God or something? He is always in every thread starting some kind of arguement.

bread's done
Back