GTA: San Andreas PS2 $34.99 pre-order at Outpost.com

There is...I posted it there too, I just wanted to make everyone aware cuz this is a good deal on a highly anticipated game. And not everyone checks that Outpost thread hourly, and who knows how long this San Andreas deal will last.

Thanx Cheapy, I had it right in the other post in the Outpost thread, I guess I just got too excited...

Damn, I love this site! Just bought it. I had been planning to happily pay $50 for this game, so $35 is sweet.

Thanks for the thread rvdrock. You just shot past Britney Spears to become my favorite person from Louisiana.

[quote name='punqsux']i gave in and ordered it, it was a little higher than i wanted to pay but i couldnt pass up the no tax/shipping[/quote]

Plus outpost is ased out of CT, so you should get is pretty quickly too.

It will automatically subtract that amount when you select ground shipping upon checkout.

I couldn't resist, either, guys. I gave in. Thanks for the heads up on this deal, as I would've gladly paid the full 50 for it upon it's release.

thanks man

[quote name='slimymeteor']It will automatically subtract that amount when you select ground shipping upon checkout.

I couldn't resist, either, guys. I gave in. Thanks for the heads up on this deal, as I would've gladly paid the full 50 for it upon it's release.[/quote]

I ordered this morning at $34.99, but then noticed a $49.99 authorization on my debit card. I went back to Outpost, and my order shows $49.99. I called and a supervisor is correcting it for me, but you all may want to double check yours.

[quote name='guessed']I ordered this morning at $34.99, but then noticed a $49.99 authorization on my debit card. I went back to Outpost, and my order shows $49.99. I called and a supervisor is correcting it for me, but you all may want to double check yours.[/quote]

They did the same thing to me... I ordered San Andreas, Burnout 3, and Kingdom Under Fire. My confirmation email shows $34.99 for San Andreas, but then I got a 2nd email with all 3 games shown as "Back-Ordered" and San Andreas at $49.99. Order status on the web site shows the same thing. Nice bait and switch.. lol. I'll have to wait until I get home to call and complain, I don't want to be yelling at people on the phone about video games while I'm at work... it's bad enough I'm ordering them from here :)

[quote name='slimymeteor']It will automatically subtract that amount when you select ground shipping upon checkout.

I couldn't resist, either, guys. I gave in. Thanks for the heads up on this deal, as I would've gladly paid the full 50 for it upon it's release.[/quote]

It doesn't work right now. I tested it out even though I wasn't planning on ordering it and when you select ground shipping it doesn't give it to you for free. Hopefully, they don't plan on changing it on people that already ordered.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']So is it doing the $49.99 thing for everyone? I haven't ordered it, but I will if it's still $35.[/quote]

It was still $34.99 the last time I checked but the shipping is no longer free.

the free shipping is not working either. called outpost and the sales rep said it was a mistake. i'll try calling again and see if i can get another/nicer rep. :( good luck.

if you're having probs with the shipping cost on the website (I did as well) just order it over the phone. it took about 2 minutes and worth is to save a few clams.

I couldn't wait and just called them from work to clear up the $49.99 thing. Sounds like they've received quite a few calls about it so far. I told the guy that I ordered it for $34.99 and that now it shows $49.99 and he immediately said he'd credit me the $15... took about 30 seconds. It's too bad I had to sit on hold for 15 minutes first ;) I wonder how many people will not notice the overcharge though... kind of shady if you ask me.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']I couldn't wait and just called them from work to clear up the $49.99 thing. Sounds like they've received quite a few calls about it so far. I told the guy that I ordered it for $34.99 and that now it shows $49.99 and he immediately said he'd credit me the $15... took about 30 seconds. It's too bad I had to sit on hold for 15 minutes first ;) I wonder how many people will not notice the overcharge though... kind of shady if you ask me.[/quote]

Not really shady. They acknowledged it's a bug on the site and they're working to fix it right now. Most likely some code didn't get changed when the price on the page was dropped...

[quote name='Danimal']Damn, I love this site! Just bought it. I had been planning to happily pay $50 for this game, so $35 is sweet.
Thanks for the thread rvdrock. You just shot past Britney Spears to become my favorite person from Louisiana.[/quote]

Wow...I shot past Spears, now thats an achievement for the day!

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Once they fix this bug, I will order it.

And is the ground shipping $4? I'll take it for $40.[/quote]

Ground (the cheapest) was $6.50 for a total of $41.49

Wow this was a hell of a deal. It wanted 6 something for ground shipping to NY and only like 50 cents more for 2 day shipping, so I got that. No tax was nice though. Thanks to whoever posted this, my total was still like 42 something but thats way better than 50 plus 4 for tax if I bought it in store at launch.

Wow, I'm glad I was able to get in on the deal early from work. Makes missing the $10 FFX-2 a little easier.

I just gave them a call...got the item for $34.99 no tax and free shipping. The guy on the phone told me the price was getting jacked back up to $49.99 soon and he even tried charging me $49.99 for it, until I told him the site still had it marked $34.99. He said the free shipping isn't working very good so you have to call for free shipping. I'd recommend just calling them to place the order as they are really fast and its easier to do over the phone to make sure it all works. It took about 3 minutes on the phone.

I got in on the online deal right when I saw it appear on this site. It was sometime this morning. I did the whole order online and even received a confirmation e-mail about it. So I came back on this site and after hearing stories about the price getting changed to $49.99, I went to check my order online and could not find it. So I called them up and they said that they had no record of this order. So I ordered it over the phone. Then the guy tried to charge me $49.99 for it and charge me shipping. I told him that I had received a confirmation e-mail on my earlier purchase and told him the price that was on it. So after talking to him for about 15 minutes, I got the $34.99 price with free shipping.

Good thing that this is such a good deal because I don't believe that I will order from them again.

Quick question. Do you get an e-mail of your order if you order over the phone? After hearing roachmans story I'm sort of worried. At first the guy said my total was $49.99 and then when I told him about the site he said my total was $34.99. All I have is an 8 digit order number but that doesn't prove much.

[quote name='tubtub']Quick question. Do you get an e-mail of your order if you order over the phone? After hearing roachmans story I'm sort of worried. At first the guy said my total was $49.99 and then when I told him about the site he said my total was $34.99. All I have is an 8 digit order number but that doesn't prove much.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can look up the info on that order on their website even if you ordered over the phone by using the order # they gave you.

Checked my online order status again and it's showing the $34.99 price for San Andreas now (since I called). However, everything else is the same as before, including the total. Wondering if I'll have to just watch my credit card activity now to see what they actually charge me... also wondering if I got stuck paying 7.5% tax on the extra $15 they originally charged me :\

bread's done
Back