GTA: San Andreas (PS2) rated M version worth more?

[quote name='zebbers']I wasn't aware there was a content change. Just a rating change I thought.[/quote]

The "hot coffee" scene was taken out of the AO version

All GTA SA's are rated M. The original release of GTA SA went from an M to AO, but this is not reflected on the package. When the controversy started heating up, Rockstar recalled all the copies, and GTA SA was not available for a few months, the original releases were selling for good money (especially sealed ones), but now that it's back on shelves and the controversy has died down, the price is back down. Some collectors may be willing to pay more for an original issue, others might not care.

[quote name='Iroquois Pliskin']Is the GTA:SA rated M version on PS2 worth more than the current censored version?[/QUOTE]

solid yes.

PS2 GTA: SA GH cover = $14.99
PS2 GTA: SA SE = $29.99
PS2 GTA: SA (M rated) = $19.99
PS2 GTA: SA (AO rated) = $99.99

buy, buy, buy!

[quote name='Mospeada_21']solid yes.

PS2 GTA: SA GH cover = $14.99
PS2 GTA: SA SE = $29.99
PS2 GTA: SA (M rated) = $19.99
PS2 GTA: SA (AO rated) = $99.99

buy, buy, buy![/quote]

That's funny, considering my TRU has quite a few copies of the "AO" version, PS2 and Xbox, for $9.98.

[quote name='rebenns']All GTA SA's are rated M. The original release of GTA SA went from an M to AO, but this is not reflected on the package. [/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. I've seen several copies of the original release with an AO sticker on it. Retailers that did not want to pull it (FYE in houston is where I saw it) were given the option of putting these stickers over the plastic wrapper. I remember it distinctly because some dumbass employee also put AO stickers on the other GTA games.

bread's done
Back