GTA: San Andreas (Xbox and PC) 29.99 at CompUSA June 12th-18th - OOS online

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Now OOS online:
Xbox
PC

It was noted in another thread that GTA: San Andreas will be 29.99 for Xbox and PC in the upcoming CompUSA ad for June 12th, by Showstoppa. He said he would get a scan of the ad soon, so I believe this is legit.

I belived a deal like this deserved it's own thread, since this is an awesome deal that got buried in a different deal thread.

If you pricematch it to CC or BB, that's an extra 10% making the game 27.99. I know I can wait that extra week for 22 dollars in savings.

Link to the ad, courtesy of Showstoppa.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1043739&postcount=69

[quote name='CuE-TiP']I'll give someone $35 shipped if they can pick one up for me? Please? PM Me.[/QUOTE]

fuck no one of the CompUSA employees said they don't give out rainchecks. But it's all good I still got it for $29.99 at BB :D

happy to report that I just got my BB to PM with just a printout of the ad scan. I entered BB, went and got the game, took it and the printout straight to customer service, and bam - PM!

[quote name='mykevermin']
...you'd think that fools whose wages are not dependent upon what is or isn't sold wouldn't care one way what you pay.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the amount of hours an employee makes is dictated by how much revenue the store is bringing in.

Less revenue means less hours, more revenue means the store can give out extra hours to those who need it (generally speaking).

[quote name='mykevermin']
PM at CC = Easy[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Just took the ad to the front with the game and they rang it up. Didn't even call CompUSA which was great, since they were out of stock already.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Well, here's the answer to your question (10% off).

You have to buy the game at Bestbuy (whatever the price they sell). Take the compusa ads w/ receipt to customer service to pricematch it then they'll give u extra 10% off. They don't give u extra 10% off when you buy the game at the same time you pricematch.

Bestbuy is EVIL and i never get extra 10% whenever i pricematch cuz it take forever to wait in the like even only 2-3 peoples in front of u.[/QUOTE]

Actually that's why I did... bought it at full price first then walked over to the customer serivce and matched it... but they didn't give me the 10% difference.

[quote name='xbox_mole']That's the procedure that SHOULD happen but I've noticed they are starting to ring price matches up as returns and re-buys which will NOT give you the additional 10% off the difference. If your receipt that you got when you PMed says "RETURN" at the top, even if it reads "Matched with competitors price" on it, it will NOT have the extra 10% off the matched price. It has to say "PRICE MATCH" at the top of the receipt. The functions are two different things on their systems unless that has changed recently. I think BB might have started to encourage employees to do the return and re-buy instead of price match in order to stop having to shell out that additional money to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what happened to me on my reciept. It says RETURN. Have to go back again for the 10%.

for everyone who wants to go back for the 10 percent. why? the gas would be more than the 10 percent plus your time. why even bother for like 2 dollars i mean honestly

[quote name='nba4life2k']for everyone who wants to go back for the 10 percent. why? the gas would be more than the 10 percent plus your time. why even bother for like 2 dollars i mean honestly[/QUOTE]

i just had a cc associate bring it up on the internet and he said okay, i didn't travel to compusa first...

[quote name='nba4life2k']for everyone who wants to go back for the 10 percent. why? the gas would be more than the 10 percent plus your time. why even bother for like 2 dollars i mean honestly[/QUOTE]

Because EB has stuff like Men of Valor for $2.99 and every penny counts!

Here's my experience trying to get the price match at Best Buy.

I bought GTA: SA the day it came out at Best Buy, then I found out it was going on sale at CompUSA. So on Sunday I bought the newspaper to get the ad and went back to Best Buy. The woman at customer service looked the ad over very carefully, then made a photocopy of it.

If it had been 110% I should have gotten $22 back, $20 for the difference and then 10% of that $20, right?

I got $21 back. She rang it up as a price match and then gave me the tax on the difference, which here is 5%, or $1. That's what the receipt said - tax $1. I'm not sure I should have gotten tax back, seems odd to me, but the difference was just $1 so I wasn't going to quibble.

I'll have to look again to see if she rang it as a return and resell or a regular price match. Maybe that is what she did and that's why I got the tax back too.

[quote name='Roufuss']Actually, the amount of hours an employee makes is dictated by how much revenue the store is bringing in.

Less revenue means less hours, more revenue means the store can give out extra hours to those who need it (generally speaking).[/QUOTE]

I disagree, and would say it has more to do with customer volume than prices; I'm curious if employees truly think that, by trying to get you to pay $49.99 for GTA instead of $29.99, that will immediately translate into a wage increase of $0.15/hour. Perhaps they do, or perhaps they just don't want to be bothered by ringing in extra things.

At any rate, you may be right, but rarely do huge sales translate into a meaningful wage increase for *any* retail employee, holiday bonuses notwithstanding (and that may be more likely for managers than clerks).

myke.
...tempted to go to CC today; despite the ease many of you claim, the people that work at my CC are just annoying. Gum cracklin', fightin' with her baby's daddy while ringing me up, thumb up her ass while some doofus is smoking a joint in the back instead of sliding my wire harness up the silly-ass CC ramp stoopid. But, hey, $29.99!

[quote name='quercus']Here's my experience trying to get the price match at Best Buy.

I bought GTA: SA the day it came out at Best Buy, then I found out it was going on sale at CompUSA. So on Sunday I bought the newspaper to get the ad and went back to Best Buy. The woman at customer service looked the ad over very carefully, then made a photocopy of it.

If it had been 110% I should have gotten $22 back, $20 for the difference and then 10% of that $20, right?

I got $21 back. She rang it up as a price match and then gave me the tax on the difference, which here is 5%, or $1. That's what the receipt said - tax $1. I'm not sure I should have gotten tax back, seems odd to me, but the difference was just $1 so I wasn't going to quibble.

I'll have to look again to see if she rang it as a return and resell or a regular price match. Maybe that is what she did and that's why I got the tax back too.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got your tax back, since at 5%, tax on that extra $20 is an even $1. You didn't get your extra 10% purchase price back.

[quote name='quercus']Here's my experience trying to get the price match at Best Buy.

I'll have to look again to see if she rang it as a return and resell or a regular price match. Maybe that is what she did and that's why I got the tax back too.[/QUOTE]

You should have received $22 back + tax.

The rep should have done the return of the original item at $49.99, then sold it again, with a price of $29.99 as a price match. If the price is put in as a PM, the register should automatically knock the price down to $27.99, netting you the $22 + tax back.

She could also have done the same thing if she put in the price for the game as a price of $27.99 as a non-price match. Nets you the same $22 + tax back, though for their records, they need to have put it down as a PM for their purpose, so they know why they're giving a $50 game for $28.

She did the PM, though not the PM + 10%. And she did it wrong, by just adjusting the price of the game to $29.99.

You got the tax back because, had you paid $30 for the game in the first place, you only would have paid $1.50 tax, not the $2.50 you initially paid. Keeping the tax on the $20 they gave back would have been illegal, and they can't report taxes on revenue that they don't take in. I got back $24-something ($20 + $2 (the 10%) + tax on $22 (tax is 9.25%)).

[quote name='guessed']You got the tax back because, had you paid $30 for the game in the first place, you only would have paid $1.50 tax, not the $2.50 you initially paid. Keeping the tax on the $20 they gave back would have been illegal, and they can't report taxes on revenue that they don't take in. I got back $24-something ($20 + $2 (the 10%) + tax on $22 (tax is 9.25%)).[/QUOTE]

If quercus showed the ad at the time of purchase, he would have only received the PM'd price of $29.99. If he paid full price for it and then went back to the CS counter, he should've had it for a net $27.99.

Yeah, I bought it on a Wednesday and then took the ad in for the pricematch on Sunday, so I should have gotten back $22 plus tax.

I'll know next time!

[quote name='shrike4242']If quercus showed the ad at the time of purchase, he would have only received the PM'd price of $29.99. If he paid full price for it and then went back to the CS counter, he should've had it for a net $27.99.[/QUOTE]

I realize that, that is why I posted what I got back for comparison. The bulk of my post was merely answering his question of why he got the tax back.

[quote name='guessed']I realize that, that is why I posted what I got back for comparison. The bulk of my post was merely answering his question of why he got the tax back.[/QUOTE]

It was more for quercus' benefit to know the differences, I was just tagging off your post.

I know you know how to do BB PM's, no question there for me. ;)

Darn, put 10 on the ggc, thinking i could use it on the game, plus the 5 and pay the difference, but they were OOS, and now im stuck with a $10ggc and $5 coupon, hopefully will get back in stock soon.

I got mine from BB, the CC next to comp-usa didn't want to give me the deal. They knew exactly what I wanted when I said I wanted a price match. They gave me the old Comp-usa is OOS so pay 50 bucks.

At BB I had no problem, the person who adjusted the price even said that it was lower then what she had paid for it. And was going to Price Match her own copy with my ad.

Thanks for clearing it up for me guys.

This is a great forum, love all these deals! When I first got my Xbox over a year ago I didn't know there were so many ways to get games for less. Heck, I didn't even know they dropped in price so fast. I thought I'd have to be paying $50 for every game. So glad I found this place.

[quote name='quercus']Thanks for clearing it up for me guys.

This is a great forum, love all these deals! When I first got my Xbox over a year ago I didn't know there were so many ways to get games for less. Heck, I didn't even know they dropped in price so fast. I thought I'd have to be paying $50 for every game. So glad I found this place.[/QUOTE]
Well, youll still be paying near 50 for most games if you want it on release, I doubt this happens often.

Thank you OP and thank you everyone. I picked up the Xbox copy of it. I got it priced matched at my CC because my CompUSA was OOS. I printed out the Ad from here and they didn't bother checking to see if my CompUSA had it. This game is much improved over the PS2 version. Thanks again.

I also price matched at CC. i brought a flyer from compUSA and after they discussed it for a minute or two they matched the price. No call to see if compUSA had it . (Dont forget the extra 10% off) !!!

I'm thinking of trying a PM at my local BB, but I already have the PS2 version. Does anyone know how much Gamerush gives for the PS2 version?

bread's done
Back