GTA V (X1) $30.00 After you Download all 360 DLC via Xbox Live.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems like a non-deal to me, as it seems to be that price at retail at Best Buy ($29.99), as well as cheaper at TRU ($28.99 new / $23.99 pre-owned) and Walmart ($23.99) for the disc release. Especially since all of the DLC is free.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18167046&cp=&parentPage=search

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Xbox-360/22174738

So, again, not sure where this is coming from as a deal, so I guess *shrug* as it being a deal?
Well this is the XB1 version and you're talking about the 360 version soooo.....

This seems like a non-deal to me, as it seems to be that price at retail at Best Buy ($29.99), as well as cheaper at TRU ($28.99 new / $23.99 pre-owned) and Walmart ($23.99) for the disc release. Especially since all of the DLC is free.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18167046&cp=&parentPage=search

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Xbox-360/22174738

So, again, not sure where this is coming from as a deal, so I guess *shrug* as it being a deal?
Because it's $60 without downloading the dlc?

Seems odd that you download all the DLC for one system just to get a discount on the game for other discount? Does the DLC transfer to the Xbox One?

If I buy this digital on XB1 but don't d/l it right away, then borrow a disc copy and install it from disc, I only then have to d/l whatever update right? I know you can't do that on PS4 but thought I remembered it being possible on XB1.

Data caps suck.

Seems odd that you download all the DLC for one system just to get a discount on the game for other discount? Does the DLC transfer to the Xbox One?
The content that's DLC on 360 is either included on disc on One (if it came out before the One version) or an update. And the DLC was always free on 360; it's really just required content updates for GTA Online, though the earlier DLCs do give you some special cars and weapons in single player as well.

It's probably a discount for owners of the game on 360. When you dl all of the updates, the system sees you as owning the game. I think...

If I buy this digital on XB1 but don't d/l it right away, then borrow a disc copy and install it from disc, I only then have to d/l whatever update right? I know you can't do that on PS4 but thought I remembered it being possible on XB1.

Data caps suck.
Correct. You can download the game from the disc and only have to worry about any updates. It's stupid that the PS4 doesn't work this way.

PS...I know what you mean about data caps. Luckily AT&T just installed fiber-optic GigaPower lines in my area. While they still have a cap, it's 500gb, instead of Comcast's 300gb. Though I've heard AT&T doesn't really enforce their cap. :)

Data caps suck.
I believe so. Just make sure you are disconnected from live. If you are connected, even if you put the disc in it will attempt to download from live.

Ok so first off, thanks OP for the knowledge been waiting for a break in the digital release. Secondly I didn't download any of the DLC prior to purchasing and it showed up in the xbox store (on console) @ $30 flat. Could be just me but seems like the addon method might not be needed

The content that's DLC on 360 is either included on disc on One (if it came out before the One version) or an update. And the DLC was always free on 360; it's really just required content updates for GTA Online, though the earlier DLCs do give you some special cars and weapons in single player as well.
You will still have to install it but yes, you can install from the disc if that's what you're asking.

bread's done
Back