GTAIV XBOX 360 USED - GameStop - $13

Realize it'd be a gigantic spectrum, but for the most part do the condition of their used games hover around decent to good? They resurfaced if they're in terrible condition?

[quote name='nekromantix']Realize it'd be a gigantic spectrum, but for the most part do the condition of their used games hover around decent to good? They resurfaced if they're in terrible condition?[/QUOTE]
Considering the games sold online are games shipped from stores that have taken them in as used and then the warehouse runs them through a refurbishing machine typically. However when I worked for Gamestop I saw at least 30 cases of where someone had bought a game online and it was in terrible condition, then they returned it to the store.

GTA IV is a game that Gamestop has loads of copies of too, so condition would likely be fair to good. I'd imagine it would be playable at least.

Can't you buy it at GS and then immediately trade it in for $20? It's on the $20 special trade in page in another thread, isn't it?

[quote name='egorka']Can't you buy it at GS and then immediately trade it in for $20? It's on the $20 special trade in page in another thread, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Well, the $20 is only good for the PS3 version.

[quote name='PikaPichu']How come the PS3 version is still selling for so much? :([/QUOTE]

Supply and demand.

Same reason unfortunately most PS3 games are more expensive than their 360 versions. :bomb:

[quote name='PikaPichu']How come the PS3 version is still selling for so much? :([/QUOTE]
Assuming you can find a store with it in stock used by now, you can pick up a copy of GTAIV for PS3 and 360 for $14.99 at Blockbuster and it's been that price for a while now.

Or if you have a Hollywood Video that's running the $5 used game sale right now GTA IV for PS3 qualifies for that sale.

For some reason, most GS around here had their stock of GTAIV gone by the new year. I did wonder if it was because of the holidays, with the mass amounts each GS had, maybe 5-10 copies, which are all gone from the GS I frequent.

Hmm.. GS.com doesn't seem to be reacting to my EDGE card. Every time I try to enter it for the 10% discount, the screen just reloads and nothing new appears. =/

Does anyone know if this is because I bought it recently or if I'm entering the wrong set of #s or what?

[quote name='omega999']Is this in store also? I know gamestop.com pricing is different and they won't honor thier online prices.[/QUOTE]

The price tags haven't been changed yet but it will no doubt ring up properly. I had to think twice about getting it again at that price.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']do gamestop online orders like this come with manual and case, or some little slip-sleeve type case?[/QUOTE]
All online orders come with the original manual and case

I may give it another shot...
I've owned this game 3 times so far, and it just gets too repetitive and i can never really get into it, but it's worth grabbing again with some credit to have another game to mess around with occasionally.

[quote name='nekromantix']Realize it'd be a gigantic spectrum, but for the most part do the condition of their used games hover around decent to good? They resurfaced if they're in terrible condition?[/QUOTE]

2 out of the last 3 games i bought didn't work. had to switch them out in store.

If I do the GameStop deal where I trade in a game to get $20 off anything in the store, and then use that $20 to buy 2 copies of this game, can I also use my Edge card at the same time to save another 10 percent, or do they not allow you to use the Edge card when doing that promotion?

I wouldn't mind buying one for myself, and one to sell.

I had bought GTA online awhile back and when it came in it looked like is had been through a disk cleaner a couple times. Wouldnt even load past the opening. Went to Gamestop and the girl gave me the best used copy she had (she looked through all the paper slips they have in the drawers and found the best one), which was cool with me since the GS wasnt too far away.

Great deal tho for GTA. I think my bro is gonna pick it up.

[quote name='Brother Daz']All online orders come with the original manual and case[/QUOTE]

That isn't true any more, it's on a game-by-game basis. For example, the listing for GTA IV indicates that it will include a case and manual, but Assassin's Creed II and Left 4 Dead 2 say "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box." Most game listings state that the original box/manual is included, but it's no longer a blanket guarantee.

bah should have picked this up, out of stock online.

i checked my local store and it was the same price, but without the cag16 discount code, i'll just wait til another deal

For those hesitating to order online, I'd go for it. The shipping so far has been really speedy and the condition of all of my games thus far (6 games in total) have been in great condition.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I may give it another shot...
I've owned this game 3 times so far, and it just gets too repetitive and i can never really get into it, but it's worth grabbing again with some credit to have another game to mess around with occasionally.[/QUOTE]

If you have an XBL subscription give the online modes a shot, as there's alot of fun to be had on there. I play my copy of GTAIV on my PS3 just about every night for a bit because I still haven't run out of things to do. Best mode to make a game for is Free Mode(imo), as you can just have so much fun messing with glitches and racing at breakneck speeds around the city.

I picked it up along with Mass effect on sale. I bought it before and took it back after an hour of owning it but that was back when it was like 30. for 11 something after edge I'll keep it.

That it is, though too many people try to turn it into deathmatch by trying to kill you as soon as they come in. That's why I always set my free modes I make to friendly fire OFF, auto aim disallow and only standard weapons. Of course, there is a way around standard weapons(grab any chopper and it gives you RPG's:D), but shhhhh don't tell the damned idiots who always come into my games trying to kill me.

I really like this game, though it was my first GTA game, and admittedly I haven't finished the single player yet. I got sidetracked by GTA: Chinatown Wars, which I played and finished, and haven't managed to get back to GTA IV single-player yet. The multiplayer games are quite fun too. I think it's more fun just with friends if that's an option for you. We tend to play the mode where the boss gives you jobs and everyone tries to complete them at the same time. Fun stuff, and definitely worth $13 or less.

I'm trying to find this game at a GameStop, but I can't find one with the actual 360 case and manual. They all have the generic GameStop covers. Has anybody ever found one in good condition at an actual brick and mortar GameStop?

[quote name='Anthony1']I'm trying to find this game at a GameStop, but I can't find one with the actual 360 case and manual. They all have the generic GameStop covers. Has anybody ever found one in good condition at an actual brick and mortar GameStop?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

MicroCenter has the limited edition for $25 NEW!!
EDIT: mine came with a 1 month xbl code.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back