Guardian Heroes Advance! Not a port! Woohoo!!!

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
From the www.the-magicbox.com

Treasure revealed new info on Guardian Heroes Advance for GameBoy Advance, the game is not a remake or port of the Saturn version, instead it is a successor of the game with original content and new characters. Guardian Heroes Advance is scheduled to release in Japan on September 16.

This is simply awesome! I loved the original!

Damn...BASTARDS. The one game that would force me to buy any system...*sigh* I picked up a saturn for the original I'll be a gameboy owner soon enough for this gem.

r1s3n

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Now to just get a Gunstar Heroes sequel...[/quote]

Psssst..."the game is not a remake or port of the Saturn version, instead it is a successor of the game with original content and new characters"

Also: Daphatty, the proper link to magicbox has a dash between "www.the" and "magicbox.com."

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Now to just get a Gunstar Heroes sequel...[/quote]

Psssst..."the game is not a remake or port of the Saturn version, instead it is a successor of the game with original content and new characters"

Also: Daphatty, the proper link to magicbox has a dash between "www.the" and "magicbox.com."[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? Learn to read. I said a GUNSTAR Heroes sequel, you jackass.

Reading this makes me want to go home and play my Saturn Guardian Heroes. I wanted that game for so long and finally won an auction for $12 and I've never even played it. How sad.

"[quote name='repetske']Reading this makes me want to go home and play my Saturn Guardian Heroes. I wanted that game for so long and finally won an auction for $12 and I've never even played it. How sad.[/quote]

tried mine last night..................CRY WITH ME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

Unfortunately this problem with your Sega Saturn will require a standard repair.
The repair fee is $55 US dollars and usually takes 2-3 weeks.

If you would like to set up a repair for your Sega Saturn please contact us at
1-800-USA-SEGA. We are available from 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. PST Monday -
Friday.

Thank you for your support and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

-Matt
Sega of America Technical Support

> EmaiSubject: Sega Legacy Hardware & Software
> EmailContent: My Sega Saturn "drive door is open" according to the
>machine, despite the fact it is closed. Further inspection reveals that
>the right hinge is loose enough to move around. How do I fix this?
>
> Also, if it is not a user fixable sort of thing, where can I get it fixed
>and how much would it cost?

> submitTime: Thu Apr 15 20:51:09 EDT 2004
>
>
>
>

"

I just wish they'd make BOTH the original and new versions because I'd love to have that on the go aswell as the sequel...which if I recall correctly is the first time Ttreasure has ever directly MADE a sequel as they;ve always had a stance agains making them.

(they do have a tendancy to reuse game play systems like how Gunstar Heroes' general fighting system was used in Sillohette Mirage's and the "polarity" system was used in Ikaruga.

minx,
Have you tried placing something heavy over the drive door such as a magazine? That may be a "cheap ass" alternative to paying Sega $55.

Good news indeed. I hope the game maintains the intricacies of the Saturn version, even though the GBA has fewer buttons.

Never thought about the button issue. I had to pull out the instruction manual to make sure how many buttons it used. (Six total if anyone was wondering.)

Another issue I thought about was the GBA's ability to handle sprites. The Saturn was a beast when it came to 2D. No one could touch it. The GBA is nothing more than a hand held SNES. Hardly enough power to be able to replicate the visuals.

Yeah, the visuals won't be as amazing as the Saturn, but the GBA should be able to handle a moderately good looking sequel. I'm sure the lack of buttons will be a sort of non-issue, though. Well, at least it better, I've been waiting for a Guardian Heroes sequel for years.

[quote name='daphatty']Never thought about the button issue. I had to pull out the instruction manual to make sure how many buttons it used. (Six total if anyone was wondering.)

Another issue I thought about was the GBA's ability to handle sprites. The Saturn was a beast when it came to 2D. No one could touch it. The GBA is nothing more than a hand held SNES. Hardly enough power to be able to replicate the visuals.[/quote]

uses 8,not 6..............playing right now thanks to UndeadKing:)

You forgot the Two shoulder buttons to move precisely between the three separate planes game play on-screen.

The other buttons are:

Block, small attack, big attack, give orders to partner, easy plane movement that needs to be combined with a directional, easy magic selection that needs to be combined with a directional

And all that doesn't include the start button of course for pausing /statistics

Here's hoping they don't pull a Capcom and combine moves into one button using hold downtimes to determine moves--that will kill this game :whistle2:(

Uh, this game was before my time and I have NO clue what it is about, what genre it is, etc. Could someone fill me in?

There is something terribly wrong when people start saying that Sega Saturn games were before thier time. Perish the thought that you even ask them about Gunstar Heroes.

[quote name='JSweeney']There is something terribly wrong when people start saying that Sega Saturn games were before thier time. Perish the thought that you even ask them about Gunstar Heroes.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I was asking my Mom to have me earlier, but she wanted to wait a little bit. [heavy sarcasm]

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='JSweeney']There is something terribly wrong when people start saying that Sega Saturn games were before thier time. Perish the thought that you even ask them about Gunstar Heroes.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I was asking my Mom to have me earlier, but she wanted to wait a little bit. [heavy sarcasm][/quote]

LOL, but I think the point is that it's not important when it was released, since people have been talking about it for 8 years. It's just that you haven't heard of it.

[quote name='vshekar'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='JSweeney']There is something terribly wrong when people start saying that Sega Saturn games were before thier time. Perish the thought that you even ask them about Gunstar Heroes.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I was asking my Mom to have me earlier, but she wanted to wait a little bit. [heavy sarcasm][/quote]

LOL, but I think the point is that it's not important when it was released, since people have been talking about it for 8 years. It's just that you haven't heard of it.[/quote]

Well, I get all my game info from my game mags, various EB employees, and here. Obviously the game magazines aren't gonna talk about something that old. The EB ppl here barely ever talk about old school games unless you ask them. And I haven't heard anything about the game here until this thread. So, how do you want me to find out about it?

You know, I was about to bookmark this site for future reference until I noticed the BUYRITE.NET advertisement at the top of the page. Anyone who has had the misfortune to deal with this Company know they are crooks. Just look them up on BBB.ORG to see for yourself. I'm going to send MagicBox some email to suggest they drop the BUYRITE ad. I'm sure they have no clue who they are promoting.

I suppose for the most part Treasure will likely reduce the number of necessary commands, or set some to dual button commands.

The research I've done on the game suggests that they are doing away with the 3-plane system and, gasp, not letting you use any characters from the original game, although they are said to make an appearance as NPCs. They are keeping the 2P Vs mode where you can use defeated enemies in mutiplayer though!

I hope Treasure knows that a new Gunstar Heroes would cure AIDS, end world hunger, and teach human beings to live peacefully and harmoniously. I'm serious. How could it not do those things?

bread's done
Back