Guess which newb in the OTT is Jay Leno & which is Darth Taylor - Win a prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just playing Dragon Age: Origins, and the game tried to sell me DLC in-game. WTF Bioware?

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Sharks win![/QUOTE]

Why do I have a feeling that the Wings are gonna come back to even up the series. :cry:

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']SRK forums have some in depth training guides for all the mentioned characters. A quick tip for ryu - you can wake up SRK>FADC>shinku/metsu hadoken. As for chaining/linking attacks, essentially you have to start your next attack immediately after the frame animation stops from your prev attack. Requires very precise timing and practice. Go to SRK for more in depth guides and combos.[/QUOTE]

It seems like you have to buffer commands. You used to be able to do this in SSF2T... however, I can't seem to get a handle on the timing for it in SSF4. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It seems like you have to buffer commands. You used to be able to do this in SSF2T... however, I can't seem to get a handle on the timing for it in SSF4. :([/QUOTE]Just do your character's harder trials over and over to get those links down. Watch some youtube videos of your characters, and even look at frame data they have over on srk. That helped me with the timing, and I can do some pretty neat Cody combos now that I thought I would never be able to do. Ryu is a bit tighter, though. the srk -> fadc -> super/ultra is a bit tougher to pull off, imo, but it's pretty doable even on a beginner's level. You're playing on 360, right? I have zero friends to play with on PS3, but I'm not even that good anyway. I spend most of my time in training, since online usually craps out on me a round or half a round in. A big problem I noticed that some people have is just mashing in the commands all at once, when they do take a brief moment before entering the rest or some people just go absolutely insane when trying to input so many commands. :lol:

Midterm? Shit, I'm taking finals.

Hey, Music. Want to battle up on SSFIV sometime (I don't remember if I asked you)? I promise; I'm not horrendous, but I would like to see how you fight.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You guys make me sad. What with all your free ODST copies and all. :(

We're 0/2 here. :([/QUOTE]

I'm knocking on that bitch's door tomorrow...

[quote name='thekeybladewars']Midterm? Shit, I'm taking finals.

Hey, Music. Want to battle up on SSFIV sometime (I don't remember if I asked you)? I promise; I'm not horrendous, but I would like to see how you fight.
[/QUOTE]

Forsho.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Just do your character's harder trials over and over to get those links down. Watch some youtube videos of your characters, and even look at frame data they have over on srk. That helped me with the timing, and I can do some pretty neat Cody combos now that I thought I would never be able to do. Ryu is a bit tighter, though. the srk -> fadc -> super/ultra is a bit tougher to pull off, imo, but it's pretty doable even on a beginner's level. You're playing on 360, right? I have zero friends to play with on PS3, but I'm not even that good anyway. I spend most of my time in training, since online usually craps out on me a round or half a round in. A big problem I noticed that some people have is just mashing in the commands all at once, when they do take a brief moment before entering the rest or some people just go absolutely insane when trying to input so many commands. :lol:[/QUOTE]

PS3 dude.
And I've only had lag once or twice, which is insane for my connection.
My issue is that if I pause and issue the commands slow, I'm too slow.
If I try to buffer commands, the special moves don't end up coming out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']PS3 dude.
And I've only had lag once or twice, which is insane for my connection.
My issue is that if I pause and issue the commands slow, I'm too slow.
If I try to buffer commands, the special moves don't end up coming out.[/QUOTE]

Here is some in-game assistance on linking combos.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/feb/21/sf4-game-assistance-link-combos/

Essentially it's a visual cue to hit the next input. Takes some getting used to, but it is pretty helpful.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Here is some in-game assistance on linking combos.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/feb/21/sf4-game-assistance-link-combos/

Essentially it's a visual cue to hit the next input. Takes some getting used to, but it is pretty helpful.[/QUOTE]

Here's the kicker, I can do Ken trials 1-9 and 11-14 no problem... doesn't take me more than a few tries... but linking that shoryuken off the s.HK is just retarded to me. I hit the same problem in 15, where I get the j.HK and TC, then I fail at hitting the shoryuken. Most of the time, my button presses seem... dropped. :(

Same with Ryu. Trials 1-9... done. 9 took me awhile because it's the fun shit I was talking about with j.HK, c.HP, hadoken.HP (that took me a bit before I remembered you do it by starting the qcf motion as soon as the j.HK hits, hitting HP once as you press down, then again as you complete the qcf... once I was doing that like 80+% of the time, I just had problems hitting the focus fast enough to cancel and connect the FA.). I hit 10 and it's got a shoryuken linked in it and it's like "fuck, now what, my inputs are off again." :(

I'll take a look for the visual cue and see if it helps. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back