Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign-Ups Now CLOSED!

HydroX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
Sign ups are only open for 48 hours, and you are NOT guaranteed to get in. There will be a selection process based off of what the developers would like tested at the time.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

You will receive a confirmation email eventually, so don't flip out when you don't get one.

If you are selected, they will contact you via the email address provided. And no, you do not have to have a Guild Wars 1 account in order to participate.

Best of luck, CAGs! Let us know if you are selected!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tankyroo']A network error has occurred
Can't send system information

Dang, I'll try again later.[/QUOTE]

It took me a few times before it worked. Don't give up on the first try.

Awesome. I was hoping someone had posted about this on CAG. Would love to see more CAG'rs get into this game.

If you don't get into this first public beta, try again. Supposedly there will be several before official release.

[quote name='preston181']Wasn't this game supposed to be out like 5 years ago?

I'll wait for the console port.[/QUOTE]

Signed up for PC beta, but will also wait for the console port to buy it.

[quote name='timmaa']From an ardent GW fan and an expecting-something-good of GW2 fan, I hope to never see GW2 on a console.

And I don't think we ever will.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98826&postcount=4[/QUOTE]

That post was made in 2009 and since then I believe they have confirmed a console port. I have nothing against it but I just hope they don't dumb it down for the console's sake. I'm getting this game for PC as well and the game looks amazing.

I would purchase both console and PC versions mostly due to the fact that my PC is absolutely TERRIBLE at the moment.

I would absolutely love to purchase this on the 360 if that ever happens, however I'm perfectly happy getting it on my PC. If it does release to consoles I'll most likely own it for both!

[quote name='crazedimp321']That post was made in 2009 and since then I believe they have confirmed a console port. I have nothing against it but I just hope they don't dumb it down for the console's sake. I'm getting this game for PC as well and the game looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

I would be very interested in a link to said confirmation.

Two reasons why I, personally, would not like to see a console port of this game: I don't think the current generation of consoles would do this game justice in more than one way, but mostly a toss up between splitting player bases among too many mediums and the graphics limitations with current console technology. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see a multi-faceted life of Guild Wars 2; they've already said there'll be a release for iphone/android in a limited form. Again I'm not onmi-man so I don't know this for sure, but I've yet to see a game that has the ability to keep players playing together when they're playing on different platforms. If somehow this functionality were implemented for GW2 so that players from XBL, PSN, and PC can all play against each other, I would not hesitate to say that yes, please buy this game for whichever medium you enjoying playing MMOs; give Anet more income so they can make more great games!

[quote name='timmaa']I would be very interested in a link to said confirmation.

Two reasons why I, personally, would not like to see a console port of this game: I don't think the current generation of consoles would do this game justice in more than one way, but mostly a toss up between splitting player bases among too many mediums and the graphics limitations with current console technology. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see a multi-faceted life of Guild Wars 2; they've already said there'll be a release for iphone/android in a limited form. Again I'm not onmi-man so I don't know this for sure, but I've yet to see a game that has the ability to keep players playing together when they're playing on different platforms. If somehow this functionality were implemented for GW2 so that players from XBL, PSN, and PC can all play against each other, I would not hesitate to say that yes, please buy this game for whichever medium you enjoying playing MMOs; give Anet more income so they can make more great games![/QUOTE]

The console version is being released after the PC release. Link: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/15/guild-wars-2-console-version-confirmed/

I'm behind the times apparently. I was looking on tentonhammer for press beta reviews/videos and found their link to that release and came right here to see if anybody had been gloating over my ignorance, heh.

I also found a link through a friend informing of previous attempts at having multi-console/platform servers running simultaneously for the same game for cross-platform interaction. Valve seems to be trying to start the trend for this kind of thing with its in-house designed, fabbed by Alienware PC.

links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-platform#Traditional_applications
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/03/making-sense-of-the-steam-box-rumors

bread's done
Back