guild wars yes or no?

In the past 3 or 4 days, my build (listed below) has been restarting without reason. It'll start up fine, run for a while, and out of nowhere it'll just restart.

Just today, I got a few errors and couple of programs froze and Windows closed them and then the computer restarted.

I've checked my system with SpyBot, AdAware, and AVG antivirus and they turned up a few items but I removed those already. I'm doing it again to make sure nothing was missed.

My temps are all normal. Everything idles around 33C, not sure about the GPU as it doesn't have a temp sensor. I'm starting to think it might be my PS... it should be plenty for my build my +12V rail is kinda low... averaging around 11.52-11.58V, which is in the +/-5% range but it is getting close to that 11.4V mark.:whistle2:k

Any ideas?

No, Guild Wars will not give you a WoW experience. I own Guild Wars and have played WoW, and am currently playing EQ2. Guild Wars just doesnt give you the MMO experience. The character building is limited, the quests are boring, the world is only massive when you're in a town, and the leveling up isnt addicting or even very fun. Stick with WoW (but try out the eq2 trial first :)) for $15/month and you'll be glad you did.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']the professions, quests, massive world with the cities and towns, leveling up[/QUOTE]
Professions and Quests are about all you're going to get out of those. Guild Wars is not made to be played for leveling, the cap is very low. Its more about using your skills and knowing how the game works then being a high level or having "l33t Gear". The world is huge, but not 1 continuous area, IE. there are many many "instances". There are cities and towns, and this is the only place you will ever see more than 24 people. Every PvE area save 1 has a player limit of 8. Every PvP area has a player limit of 12v12 aka 24.

Guild Wars is an awesome game, but if you're looking for a game where lots of time means being better than others, then it is certainly not the game for you. Everyone can become statistically "the best" in less than a week.

If you liked Diablo 2, GW is sort of in between WoW and D2 but with less goodies to find in random drops.

If I were you, I'd track down a free trial of GW... I think it's 14 days or something like that... over that time you will get a very good sense of what GW is. If you have friends on it already, you could probably hit lvl 20 and see much of the single player campaign in that time.

(unless the trials are PvP only? I don't know...)

I have been playing WoW on and off since its release and I can say that GW is an awful game for me.

The main problem I had with GW is that the interaction with players and quests suck. Plus you can not jump!

Guild Wars was quite repetitive for me. It got pretty annoying too because there were always enemies like coming up from the ground and attacking you en masse. So after 100 hours of playing I sold it...

However, one of the main strong points of Guild Wars is PvP, which is something I didn't do that much. So I'm just talking about my PvE experience

[quote name='62t']I am selling Guild Wars Factions for $37 shipped if that makes your decsion easier.[/quote]

If its used, then this is a joke as the retail can be had for the same price.

I got GW:Factions during the Circuit city glitch, for about $5 :whistle2:D

I don't play is so much, right now, because it has a tendancy to crash my computer, but yeah. The maximum level is 20. When you put points into a skill, you can take them out later, and put them into another skill. So, it's less about OMG lvl UP TOO 99! And more about balancing out your character, for which skills you want to use. Also, some quests will give you more skill points, to use.
Like Mash said, you really only get the massively multiplayer experience when in towns. When you're out in the forrest, or whatever, the servers create you your own copy of that forrest, so it's just you, whoever's in your party, and monsters.
On the otherhand, no monthly fee. Which is good. On principle, I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a computer game.

bread's done
Back