Guild Wars?

EvilAkana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm looking for the best deal on Guild Wars, any of the three. If you get the original, can you just download the Factions and Nightfall for a small fee? Or do you need to buy them?

Speaking as a guild wars fanatic.......

They are all stand alone...can paly any one without the others.

Original guild wars is the most bang for the buck...longer PvE campain. But the problem is, most of the good players have moved on...not much help to be found

Factions if you want guild vs guild. The PvE is geared to rocket launch you into guild vs guild so leveling is fast and the campain is short (shortest of the three)

Nightfall has alot going for it, but you will encounter lots of players not willing to give a newbie a chance

But you have to have 1 of the 3 to play Eye of the North comming later this year.....first non-stand alone expantion and final chapter before guild wars 2 in late 2008/ early 2009.

Hope this helps

Well, now it's much harder to decide which one I want... thanks for those prices, phreak5k, and the info, LordFungus. Anyone have any more advice on which one to choose?

I would suggest nigtfall or the original. Nightfall is by far the hardest campain, but you get all the newest features (heros, ect), plus it will have the majority of players to group with, but it will also be the most expensive.

The reason Im so hooked is the free to play (no-subscription) model....works great for a cheap ass

[quote name='gwing00']I believe someone posted a deal at Sam's Club where they had all three prepackaged for $60.[/QUOTE]

It was $50, and yea, a lot of Sam's Club has all three packed in together for $50. For the cost of Nightfall, I also got Factions and the original... works for me.

[quote name='EvilAkana']Anyone have any more advice on which one to choose?[/QUOTE]
Guild Wars Guru has a good thread comparing the three campaigns here.

Personally, I would recommend Prophecies (the original campaign) if you like PvE. It's the longest of the three, but I think the slower pace helps beginners learn the game a little better. It generally has an easier learning curve then the other two, which push you up to max level really quickly.

But really, you can't go wrong with any of them. Most of the PvP is the same in all three (apart from the skill selection and a few campaign-exclusive modes). Prophecies has more PvE stuff, Factions has some interesting features dealing with the conflict between the two opposing factions, and Nightfall has heroes (which are customizable AI teammates), but any one of them will give you a good introduction to the game.

I'd say just get the cheapest one you can find, but if it's a tossup between two of them, get Prophecies.

I'm more interested in a trial period, so I can find out if I'll enjoy it before I buy it, but so far the trial DVD that they've been mentioning on their site is only available at Frys, and I don't have one of those near me.

That Sam's Club pack sounds like a great deal though. If the trial grabbed my attention, that'd definitely be where I'd pick it up. Although, speaking of Frys, they seem to have some excellent prices on purchasing seperate editions on their outpost.com online store.

[quote name='MrJymm']I'm more interested in a trial period, so I can find out if I'll enjoy it before I buy it, but so far the trial DVD that they've been mentioning on their site is only available at Frys, and I don't have one of those near me.

That Sam's Club pack sounds like a great deal though. If the trial grabbed my attention, that'd definitely be where I'd pick it up. Although, speaking of Frys, they seem to have some excellent prices on purchasing seperate editions on their outpost.com online store.[/QUOTE]

But the shipping on that is killer. Almost 7 bucks! But I think I will get the original. Anyone know the best place to get it? Retail is 30 bucks.

[quote name='EvilAkana']But the shipping on that is killer. Almost 7 bucks! But I think I will get the original. Anyone know the best place to get it? Retail is 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I already mentioned it, but if you have a Sams Club near you and know anyone who has a membership, Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall are in a three pack for $50. Best deal the series will ever see, I think.

bread's done
Back