Guilty Gear on Wii?

Let's hope they don't try to get too fancy with the Wii controls and end up screwing the whole thing up. I'm all for a fighter with Wiimote controls, but Guilty Gear is pretty damn fast-paces and I don't know if it would work.

[quote name='Metal Boss']classic controller support...?[/quote]

Thats a make or break bullet point for me. It needs to support the CC.

Also, they need to forget about the stupid 4 player simultaneous fighting that ruined games like Isuka and Dust Strikers. All I want to see is an update of the 2 player fighting found in games like X, XX, XX:Reload, etc...

[quote name='Puffa469']
Also, they need to forget about the stupid 4 player simultaneous fighting that ruined games like Isuka and Dust Strikers. All I want to see is an update of the 2 player fighting found in games like X, XX, XX:Reload, etc...[/QUOTE]

Accent Core is the standard 2-player GG game. If I remember right it's only a slight upgrade to XX Slash. No new characters, but I believe it tackles a lot of the balancing issues and so on.

I don't know how I feel about 2-D fighters being on Wii. I hope this game gets announced for PS2 in Japan. I feel a little more comfortable with 2-D fighting games on my PS2, where I know I have the option of arcade stick support.

Good to hear that its 1 on 1 fighting. And Im glad to see the Wii getting some fighting love, but your right, this would be better on the PS2. I didnt invest in a HRAP1 and a HRAP2 to play fighters on my Wii, lol.

[quote name='asianxcore']Accent Core is the standard 2-player GG game. If I remember right it's only a slight upgrade to XX Slash. No new characters, but I believe it tackles a lot of the balancing issues and so on.

I don't know how I feel about 2-D fighters being on Wii. I hope this game gets announced for PS2 in Japan. I feel a little more comfortable with 2-D fighting games on my PS2, where I know I have the option of arcade stick support.[/quote]

I'm excited about this game. I have a couple fighting sticks and the Hori SNES styled controllers for the GC, so hopefully it offers both Wii and GC controller support.

On a related note, does anyone think Street Fighter IV will make it to the Wii? I imagine it's already being developed for the 360 and PS3, but I've not heard of any Capcom support for the Wii yet except Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Besides Capcom vs SNK EO, there was no other kind of Capcom fighting love last generation for Nintendo (I would've killed for the SF Anniversary Collection on the GC).

[quote name='asianxcore']Accent Core is the standard 2-player GG game. If I remember right it's only a slight upgrade to XX Slash. No new characters, but I believe it tackles a lot of the balancing issues and so on.

I don't know how I feel about 2-D fighters being on Wii. I hope this game gets announced for PS2 in Japan. I feel a little more comfortable with 2-D fighting games on my PS2, where I know I have the option of arcade stick support.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on everything.

bread's done
Back