Guilty Gear X2

Alpha2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
okay, so like a while back I got GGXX for my brithday, I thought it was cool, I was a fan of the series for a while. But something seemed odd to me about the music cues which on occassion would restart at akward moments or drop out and pop back inbetween certain sound effects or at the end of a match. I thought nothing of it because I figured: well not all games are programed equally and it might be a little buggy, also I still had GGX to play which was essentially the same game but without certain features and not as much graphical flare. I did however try to email the customer service address listed in the back of the instructions to see if this is how it was supposed to be like but never received a response.

Today I needed to get a screen capture of a scene in the game in the gallery mode. I started one of the videos and a seconds into it it cuts off... I restart it a couple of times and figure maybe it was something they only give you a few seconds of and you have to unlock the rest. so I go to arcade mode, pick my character and preceed to wait 5 minutes for the match to start.... HUH? I waited so long I even popped the drive door opened and closed it which seemed to actually get it to play... which disturbed me.

After a while of messing with it I find the gameplay demos play, the story mode freezes on the character portraites, the arcade mode seems to freeze after choosing your character but can be jossled through, The gallery will only show the first video in it's entirety and the practice mode seems to work just fine... is anyone else experiencing stuff like this in there copies? Were there some flawed pressings of the game? Am I going to have to argue with Sammy customer service to get a replacement??

yeah I dont seem to have any problems with my other games right now. It just seems like this game was completly flawed, and it makes me wonderif there are any large scale reports of other bad copies of it.

look carefully at the disc. smallest scratch can cause things like this. although I have no problem with my GXX, I had problems with my VF evo.
I'd be able to play VS. and training mode fine, then tournament mode didn't work and neither did 10th anniversary mode. I thought I was doing something wrong, but it turned out there was very tiny scratch on the disc.. problem got solved as soon as I got another copy. if you still have receipt and under 90 days(I think?) you should be able to get a replacement... good luck.

As I said I'd gotten it as a present and it was a long long time ago like just after it came out so a receipt even if I had it wouldbe pointless. And also as I've hardly plaed mine it's in pristine condition, no scratches, no fingure prints, nothin'.

Okay so I'm getting the impression that the game is just plain defective. I guess I'll try and call Sammy customer service inthe morning and see ig I can get a replacement or maybe find out if there some specific reason why it's not working in general.

If I cant though, do me a favor keep an eye out for a deal on it for me guys, maybe something less than 19 bucks (new) if possible...

Me and my freinds play alot, and his copy started freezing alittle right before we began the battle on the Loading screen.

But they treat their games like dirt so it's prodably a sctrach or something.

The story mode hung for about 10 minutes on me today, but after it got through that (opening and closing the tray helped some), it play okay with the exception of music restarting everytime there was loud soundeffect.

The Arcade mode sticks between every round. I got the extra video to play for about 2/3rds of it's total but it still randomly cuts off now and then.

I called today but got the message service where they asked what problem I had was and asked me to leave a number to be reached at... but I suspect they wont be calling back so I'm going to have to keep calling untill I get through to an actual rep.

bread's done
Back