Guilty Gear XX Accent Core $14.90 at Play-Asia.com (US Version)

[quote name='makstaks']Warning. It will not work on a PS3 with software emulation.[/quote]

What about hardware emulation such as a 20 or 60gb ps3?

[quote name='Kain Vincent']According to Sony's BC page, the 20/60 gig PS3 can run Accent Core without any issues.
The 80 gig model "may hang upon boot-up".[/quote]

correct.

20gb/60gb with hardware emu works fine.

It hangs everytime on my 80gb with software emu.

[quote name='makstaks']correct.

20gb/60gb with hardware emu works fine.

It hangs everytime on my 80gb with software emu.[/quote]

I've been playing it on my 80gb with software emu for months now just fine. It always hangs on the same screen the first time I start it up, but I just restart the game, and I get into the game fine with no problems the second time around without fail. The game really looks gorgeous running through the PS3 on my 50" tv :) Make sure you try restarting it after it freezes...after I do this, I have no problems. If you can get pass this screen, the game runs flawless.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I've been playing it on my 80gb with software emu for months now just fine. It always hangs on the same screen the first time I start it up, but I just restart the game, and I get into the game fine with no problems the second time around without fail. The game really looks gorgeous running through the PS3 on my 50" tv :) Make sure you try restarting it after it freezes...after I do this, I have no problems. If you can get pass this screen, the game runs flawless.[/quote]

what what what! How do you restart it? My ps3 gets locked up. Are you doing a soft reset with the controller???

I have my ps3 set to launch games manually through the xmb. Is yours set to play as soon as you pop a game in?

Just to clarify about Accent core on an 80GB PS3: It DOES work for me. It hangs SOMETIMES, but I have played it multiple times with friends.
So if all you have is an 80GB PS3, but you like Guilty Gear, buy this. It may not start up every time, but it should work.

[quote name='makstaks']what what what! How do you restart it? My ps3 gets locked up. Are you doing a soft reset with the controller???

I have my ps3 set to launch games manually through the xmb. Is yours set to play as soon as you pop a game in?[/QUOTE]

Dude, just hit the PS button and quit out of the game. It'll take you back to the XMB, and then you can try the game again.

[quote name='boxy']Is play-asia.com a safe website to order products from? I live in the US.[/quote]

Abso-bloody-lutely.

I'm a bit biased, though. I order through them a great deal and have yet to be disappointed. ;D

I add another positive to play-asia. I live in the U.S., and I've ordered from them a few times in the past few years with no problems. I'm actually surprised how fast their shipping is.

bread's done
Back