Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

garrett_in_the_hat

CAGiversary!
Does anybody know if the there is going to be a state side release of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core? It's coming out on the PS2 and the Wii in Japan. Hopefully we will get it here as well.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Any info about using GC arcade sticks?[/quote]

There's GC arcade sticks? :lol: I haven't read anything about that, but I know it has Classic Controller support.

[quote name='yukine']There's GC arcade sticks? :lol: I haven't read anything about that, but I know it has Classic Controller support.[/QUOTE]All I can think of is the X-Arcade stick, which has a GC adaptor available. I know a lot of joystick experts thumb their nose at that stick but it's good if you want a nice 2-player setup for multiple consoles (and PC).

EDIT: and yeah, the PS2 to GC adaptors that garrett mentioned. Obviously a better option for anyone who already has a PS2 stick.

On PS2 and Wii. :D
Torrance, CA (June 22, 2007) - The newest incarnation of the popular fighting game franchise, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, comes to the PlayStation 2 and Wii, courtesy of Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products. Developed by Arc System Works, this latest iteration returns with its trademark high-resolution graphics along with an entirely retuned fighting system, new stages, new characters, graphics, voices and the ability to create matches between old and new characters in the Generations Mode.

"Accent Core is definitely a game for the elite fighting game connoisseur, with its wickedly fast, technique oriented gameplay," said Michael Manzanares, Producer, Aksys Games. "Guilty Gear veterans will definitely enjoy finding out all the intricacies of their favorite characters and mastering all the new gameplay enhancements and systems."
Link

I do have a Wii yet, so I might have to get the PS2 version. I definitely can't wait for this.

[quote name='Halo05']Here's hoping they fix the bugs from the JP PS2 release.[/QUOTE]
If they are not fixing the game for Japan, the probably wont get fixed for US release. The bugs are not as bad as they appear. It freeze the game if you are using certain moves with certain characters. Other stuff like missing an extra hit in a combo are not that important unless you are playing at a high level.

The apology from Arc System said they will be more careful in the future, so the wii version should have fewer bugs then the PS2 version

I'm seriously considering getting both. Well, eventually. I have a PS2 arcade stick, so that is set...but if the Wii version sells decently, who knows what that might mean for the future? I'd certainly be OK with the Wii being the future home of 2D fighters.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm not exactly sure how anyone could consider buying the Wii version of this. Oy vey.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

As others have mentioned, the bugs probably won't be fixed for the U.S release. In the small chance they do and the game releases at a decent price, I might pick it up for PS2.

I don't suppose there's any chance that the Wii version could fix bugs later on, via a patch download?

That's gotta be one of the nicer features of the current gen. It's sweet how a game like Gears of War can still get new balance tweaks now and then. Hopefully new fighting games can benefit from this.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I don't suppose there's any chance that the Wii version could fix bugs later on, via a patch download?

That's gotta be one of the nicer features of the current gen. It's sweet how a game like Gears of War can still get new balance tweaks now and then. Hopefully new fighting games can benefit from this.[/quote]

BustaUppa brings up a good point. I hadn't thought about patches being released to fix bugs and balance issues in fighting games. You could even add new characters and moves as well.

[quote name='garrett_in_the_hat']BustaUppa brings up a good point. I hadn't thought about patches being released to fix bugs and balance issues in fighting games. You could even add new characters and moves as well.[/QUOTE]

They did this for DoA on the Xbox and 360, and are adding whole new modes to Tekken DR on the PS3 :)

who knows if Nintendo would allow patches over their Wi-fi connection. wouldn't be surprised if they had a rule against that.

[quote name='62t']The bugs are not as bad as they appear. It freeze the game if you are using certain moves with certain characters. [/quote]

Sounds like a really bad bug to me. you shouldn't not be able to use certain moves for fear of the game freezing.

[quote name='yukine']There's GC arcade sticks? I haven't read anything about that, but I know it has Classic Controller support. [/quote]

yep, check it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Soul-Calibur-II...ryZ41042QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

didnt' know this existed until I stumbled on this auction.

The Hori gameboy player pad would also be a good alternative.

That said...there's no question-- PS2 version for me. Should look even nicer upscaled. Day 1 purchase all the way...

[quote name='yukine']The Wii version is coming out on July 30th in the U.S..[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the July 30th date is the Japanese release. So far the only word I've heard on the US date is "Fall" mentioned in the press release.
What are people's guesses for a price, by the by? I'm kind of hoping for $20, but $30-40 seems more likely.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I don't suppose there's any chance that the Wii version could fix bugs later on, via a patch download?

That's gotta be one of the nicer features of the current gen. It's sweet how a game like Gears of War can still get new balance tweaks now and then. Hopefully new fighting games can benefit from this.[/QUOTE]
The Wii doesnt have a HDD which would makes it real hard for a patch.

For the stick lovers....(me)

pa.97609.1.jpg

WII Hori Arcade Stick

And if anyone is going to Anime Expo, make sure you enter the GGXX AC tournament at the Aksys/High-Score Magazine booth!

I'll be there to greet you with my manliness... :)

Man, I wish I could go to Anime Expo, but alas, I cannot. Knowing there's a GG tournament only makes things more difficult :cry:

[quote name='MarkMan']And if anyone is going to Anime Expo, make sure you enter the GGXX AC tournament at the Aksys/High-Score Magazine booth!

I'll be there to greet you with my manliness... :)[/QUOTE]is that the same tourney as the ones B:L posted??

I cant make saturday, gotta do a sunday thang only :(

[quote name='SDC']Unfortunately, the July 30th date is the Japanese release. So far the only word I've heard on the US date is "Fall" mentioned in the press release.
What are people's guesses for a price, by the by? I'm kind of hoping for $20, but $30-40 seems more likely.[/quote]
Yeah, my mistake. I thought it was already released in Japan and got things mixed up.

I'll probably be getting the Wii version, the motion controls could prove interesting and if that's not all that great the Classic Controller is essentially an SNES controller which I like for fighting games.

[quote name='JEKKI']is that the same tourney as the ones B:L posted??

I cant make saturday, gotta do a sunday thang only :([/QUOTE]

:(

It's a different tournament at our booth...

GGXXAC_flyer.jpg

Awesome! Between the Wii Stick and the Aksys promise of bug fixes, I'm down for GG:AC on Wii! Thanks MM and SDC for the news.

[quote name='asianxcore']Nice! Hopefully it'll be for the PS2 version as well. )[/QUOTE]
The only version with confirmed bugs is the PS2 version, as the Wii version isn't out yet. So we're all in luck.

[quote name='MarkMan']:(

It's a different tournament at our booth...

GGXXAC_flyer.jpg
[/QUOTE]sunday?!?!?!

turn that frown upside down sir!!

will they be providing sticks?!?! I cant play jack fruit on a dpad with guilty gear

I'll be attending AX and I'd love to play in the tournament. But I'll be working at the Score the booth entire time. Will there be any after hours open play?

bump for tomorrow's tournament!!

come and get your azz kicked by JEKKI!

I havent played GGXX in ages,

nor have I ever played Accent Core, (btw how do u do force break??? lol)

shyt I cant even play on a dpad if that's what theyre gonna provide,

but come and get your azz kicked by JEKKI anyway!!

if I lose, it's only becoz I got bored and wanted to go to the Atlus panel at 3:30.

bread's done
Back