Guitar Hero 1 or 2?

ehwhoknows

CAG Veteran
Hey all,

Just wanted to get some opinions here. I never got the first one but after hearing all this great talk about these games I was wondering which one do you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance.

First ones easier, so get that and once you have that down pat get the second. There's a definite difficulty increase in it. Maybe not on Easy or Medium, but on Hard and Expert, definitely.

2 is harder, ut I think its more fun for a lot of reasons...but if you're planning on getting both eventually, start with 1. After you get used to the improved hammerons and pull-offs in the 2nd one, you won;t be able to go back.

I only have GH1 and I can rarely do hammer ons or pull offs without breaking my streak. I don't think I understand the rules of it.

[quote name='espy605']I only have GH1 and I can rarely do hammer ons or pull offs without breaking my streak. I don't think I understand the rules of it.[/QUOTE]

Say you've got a green-red-orange-blue note scale. You hold down the green and strum, and then - without strumming again, and sitll holding down green - push down red too, and then orange, and finally blue, all without letting go of the previous notes. That's a hammer-on.

Most likely, though, you can't do them because it's GH1...they weren't implemented too well, and are extremely difficult to do correctly...Hell, I play on Expert and I don't do them on that game. Try out gH2, and you'll feel the difference.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Say you've got a green-red-orange-blue note scale. You hold down the green and strum, and then - without strumming again, and sitll holding down green - push down red too, and then orange, and finally blue, all without letting go of the previous notes. That's a hammer-on.

Most likely, though, you can't do them because it's GH1...they weren't implemented too well, and are extremely difficult to do correctly...Hell, I play on Expert and I don't do them on that game. Try out gH2, and you'll feel the difference.[/quote]
Exactly. They're much easier in GHII but not too easy.

Bump, because I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I can buy the first game refurbished for $44, or the second game new for $60. I also think the first game sounds like it has a better soundtrack. So are the new gameplay enhancements in GH2 really worth the extra $16?

bread's done
Back