Guitar Hero 2 @ BB!!!

UNTwolverine

CAGiversary!
I am not sure if was just my Best Buy here in Humble, Tx, but they had an entire display a week early of tons of Guitar Hero 2. I picked up a bundle (game and guitar) this evening for $79.99, and it is awesome. Hopefully this is happening everywhere and not just here. Let me know, I'm curious. The employees at BB were as shocked as I was.

I was at a Best Buy earlier to pick up Neverwinter Nights, and I didnt see anything, but then again, I really wasnt looking for it.

! Indeed

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I dont see how that link shows they broke street date.[/QUOTE]

I missed that it broke the street date, didn't know it came out next week... I thought it was already out. I edited my post to reflect that (probably while you were making your post).:)

[quote name='Zmonkay']amazing. I'll have to call my local one. It'll make a nice treat after I bomb my exam tomorrow[/QUOTE]

That's my exact thought process for when I fail my accounting mid-term on Tuesday and get GoW.

Are they selling the bundle only or are they also selling the game by itself (already have 2 controllers so I dont need another one)?

I saw it at the Best Buy I work at. Even had a little thing on the display that said you could get the Wayne's World DVD free with purchase. Unfortunately I left my preorder receipt at home. Before I left, I asked one of the Media people to double-check that it wasn't a hard street date. I didn't want the store to get in trouble, and I sure as hell didn't want to get fired for being an employee who bought it early. They could easily say that I bought it from the stockroom or put it out on the floor myself, no matter the actual circumstance. By the time I returned, the shipper was returned to the warehouse.

yea lol i saw tons of them bundles a few days ago at the bestbuy on 23rd street, manhattan, didnt really care, sry for not letting you guys know :roll:

[quote name='roymustang']Man I can't believe Brady is making a guide for this game. What does it tell you? "push the right buttons at the right time"[/QUOTE]

You would be amazed at how many people can't fathom to figure out the concept of "Guitar Hero" but want to buy it because they want to look "cool" to their friends. :roll:

[quote name='Demolition Man']You would be amazed at how many people can't fathom to figure out the concept of "Guitar Hero" but want to buy it because they want to look "cool" to their friends. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Since when was playing fake guitar via videogame looking "cool"

What's really amazing is the amount of friends I have who go "Wow Jeff, a plastic guitar video-game. You've reached a new nerd-low."

10 minutes later.

Me: "Can I play?"
Friend: "No."

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Since when was playing fake guitar via videogame looking "cool"

What's really amazing is the amount of friends I have who go "Wow Jeff, a plastic guitar video-game. You've reached a new nerd-low."

10 minutes later.

Me: "Can I play?"
Friend: "No."[/quote]
Why would you be asking your friend to play your game?

I actually asked about that because I wasn't sure if my wife was up to playing against me... They said that they only had the bundle. Maybe they will have the single game next week on the real release date?

[quote name='mcgavin27']Why would you be asking your friend to play your game?[/QUOTE] Because they gave it a try and didn't want to stop?

[quote name='BIG5']Who else is disappointed that the game only version is $50? That's $10 too much.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is too much. Makes me wonder how much the 360 version is going to cost me.

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']I agree, it is too much. Makes me wonder how much the 360 version is going to cost me.[/QUOTE]

But I'm sure this game cost a bit more to make because of royalties and such. $50 sounds right.

If you notice a BB's site, there's no street date listed for the bundle. I think it was an oversight since the game itself has a date listed in their system. So, that's why it's probably been put out at some stores.

[quote name='Zoglog']dejavu. I swear this shit happened for the first one.

Either way Konami must be crying.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Bestbuy sold Guitar Hero a week before the release date. I preordered from RedOctane and I'll have it next Monday. Very excited for this game. For anyone who thinks $50 is too much for this game, don't buy it. I'm pretty sure you will though.

[quote name='BIG5']Who else is disappointed that the game only version is $50? That's $10 too much.[/quote]

Yeah, I dont need a second controller. I should def be in the $35-$40 range.

So anyone find the game-only version yet?

[quote name='munch']But I'm sure this game cost a bit more to make because of royalties and such. $50 sounds right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a little pissed at a $50 tag at first, too, but holy shit. Look at the song list. And consider that there are two different guitar tracks for each song (if I'm understanding correctly), four difficulty levels (not like that will matter to most of you, though), and the new practice mode, etc...they could charge $100 for this, and you'd still get a better hours-to-dollars ratio than any other game this year. Quit bitching.

$50 to rock out as Slash or to be able to tear up the solo for Freebird? I have been dreaming of this day since my early teens and found the power that is held within rock. $50 is nothing. However I do wish RedOctane would have gotten off of there duffs and made a wireless controller for PS2.....

[quote name='xnonfactor']$50 to rock out as Slash or to be able to tear up the solo for Freebird? I have been dreaming of this day since my early teens and found the power that is held within rock. $50 is nothing. However I do wish RedOctane would have gotten off of there duffs and made a wireless controller for PS2.....[/QUOTE]

They did, available later in November for $59.99

I called my Best Buy and the guy I talked to said they weren't selling them yet because the release date was Nov. 7 and that was that. He looked it up in the computer (I heard the clackity clack), so I may duck in anyway just to be optimistic. I want this game now!

EDIT: Oddly, although Walmart.com has Guitar Hero 2 and Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar on pre-order status, this bundle with guitar and free guitar decals is supposedly shipping now.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5347040

i want to play this game as soon as possible but would so much rather get the 360 version for the downloadable content. But they will hold out to release that until sometime in 2007, right? that way gh freaks will buy the ps2 then a couple months later get the 360 version.

[quote name='UNTwolverine']I actually asked about that because I wasn't sure if my wife was up to playing against me... They said that they only had the bundle. Maybe they will have the single game next week on the real release date?[/QUOTE]
Our system shows we have 52 game-only's coming to our store within the next truck or two.

[quote name='whiptcracker']They did, available later in November for $59.99[/quote]

Try Tuesday.

The 7th is Guitar Hero day, what with Guitar Hero 1 w/o guitar, GH2, GH2 w/ guitar, and Wireless guitar.

Also, Gears of War. But who cares about that?

Is the wireless guitar coming out with the game as a bundle or only without? Are they going to force you to pay more for the game separately or be nice?

guitar hero on the 360 seems a bit excessive. I'm actually wondering if they're going to do any bemani on the ps3. My IIDX/guitar Freaks controllers certainly won't work. My keyboard Mania controller should work though since it's USB

anyone in St. Louis, MO finding this at target or best buy or walmart? I've checked every store in Chesterfield Valley with no luck...

I checked a couple BB's over the weekend and all mentioned the street date, since it was shown clearly on the computer.

Oh well.

bread's done
Back