Guitar Hero 2 @ BB!!!

UNTwolverine

CAGiversary!
I am not sure if was just my Best Buy here in Humble, Tx, but they had an entire display a week early of tons of Guitar Hero 2. I picked up a bundle (game and guitar) this evening for $79.99, and it is awesome. Hopefully this is happening everywhere and not just here. Let me know, I'm curious. The employees at BB were as shocked as I was.

i went to BB just to check. Of course nothing. But i took one of the presell GH2 shirts and paid $5 towards the game. I'm not actually going to pick it up at BB though, have it preordered at EB. Back of the presell box says if you take the receipt back after 11/23 you will get your money back.
I guess it depends if they care to ask for the shirt back as well. Either way, it works for me - shirt is pretty cool.

Anyone in Houston, TX?

I'll be checking the Sugarland (H59) store today and the West Oaks (Westheimer & H6) tomorrow.

If I can find it by tomorrow that will be awesome! My friends and I are having a mini-GH party! :D

I went by FYE this afternoon and they had a bunch (5-6) of the game-only versions mis-marked as Guitar Hero I for $39.99! =)

There is no street date, the game just shipped early. Best Buy had Guitar Hero before everyone else last year too...

[quote name='CaptPete']I went by FYE this afternoon and they had a bunch (5-6) of the game-only versions mis-marked as Guitar Hero I for $39.99! =)[/quote]FYE?

[quote name='egonpax']Anyone in Houston, TX?

I'll be checking the Sugarland (H59) store today and the West Oaks (Westheimer & H6) tomorrow.

If I can find it by tomorrow that will be awesome! My friends and I are having a mini-GH party! :D[/quote]

I picked up my copy near Deerkbrook Mall off of 59.

[quote name='skullivan']There is no street date, the game just shipped early. Best Buy had Guitar Hero before everyone else last year too...[/quote]

If there's no street date, then why do our shipping boxes say "Do NOT display prior to November 7, 2006" ?

That, my friend, is a street date.

I was playing the demo at my best buy and one of the guys there said they were trying to get the actually game out for people to play but I still couldn't buy until the 7th.

[quote name='CaptPete']I went by FYE this afternoon and they had a bunch (5-6) of the game-only versions mis-marked as Guitar Hero I for $39.99! =)[/QUOTE]

I checked there site they have Guitar Hero I game only priced at $39.99. But it shows a ship date as 11/07. They havent sold a game only version of Guitar Hero I yet in stores?

[quote name='psychoxfoo']yea lol i saw tons of them bundles a few days ago at the bestbuy on 23rd street, manhattan, didnt really care, sry for not letting you guys know :roll:[/QUOTE]

Incorrect - went today and they had a ton of Guitar Hero 1 bundles, not 2.

[quote name='Hetz']I picked up Guitar Hero 2 (Game Only Version) at Target this afternoon in NE Wisconsin.[/quote]

Around what time? People were saying they were getting the recall message whenever they went to Target.

Also, where in NE Wisconsin?

I went to 2 best buys, compusa, target and walmart in Orange County, CA...

nobody had them out yet :cry:

if anybody is in the same area and has seen them, let me know!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Well I hope they realize they could get into deep shit for breaking street date.[/QUOTE]

yeah... Bestbuy probably sells a bazillion games for them and you think they'll give them a hard time? maybe a Stern Lecture but, i doubt anything will happen.

Went to the BB in Southfield, MI today and they said they put their boxes out a couple of days ago, sold two, and then realized they weren't supposed to be out so they pulled them. Wouldn't sell a copy to me.

I hope whomever got lucky is enjoying it though!

I had a friend go by the Little Rock, AR Best Buy on Chenal Parkway and they had a ton of them. I called ahead of time and they said they were selling them. Then, when my friend goes to buy one, they said they were "preorder" copies only.

I did not come across any at the Lees Summit, Missouri nor Independence, Missouri Best Buys in the last 2 days. Not that I'm suprised, I had to have a guy go fish a copy of SC:DA out of the back the Thursday night after the shipping date. I'm content enough with FEAR to last a few more days.

nothing at the Marin City, CA Best Buy.

they didn't have the demo for GH 2 hooked up, as it was still sitting in it's box on a random shelf near the 360 games.

I'll probably check Target again tonight.

[quote name='shiny']yeah... Bestbuy probably sells a bazillion games for them and you think they'll give them a hard time? maybe a Stern Lecture but, i doubt anything will happen.[/quote]

Actually, what they do is the next time they put out a game, we won't get it at release, thus giving our competition a head start. There's also fines.

And the best buy I work at in mississippi won't have them out until the 7th, since that's what the big huge stickers on the boxes say ^_^

i want to ge tteh 360 version mainly for the content downloads. downloadable add-ons is where its at. plus the HD wont hurt and possibly a wireless guitar (crosses fingers)

ok i know what happened, the box with the game only had a date on it, while the guitar/game combo box's did not. so some stores put out the combos. However like above poster said thell probably be fined. i wonder how much it will be though to make a big corp like BB care

Hmm, called my local BB last night and they said it isn't coming out until the 7th, I wonder if they were just looking for the game and didn't realize the game/guitar packs were already put out. Maybe I will stop by, if not it's only a few more days.

BTW, if anyone who was able to snag one and has the third party wireless guitar and can check if it works with the GH2 I would appreciate a report. I remember reading in a few places that third party guitars may not work :(

[quote name='sting0r']Hmm, called my local BB last night and they said it isn't coming out until the 7th, I wonder if they were just looking for the game and didn't realize the game/guitar packs were already put out. Maybe I will stop by, if not it's only a few more days.

BTW, if anyone who was able to snag one and has the third party wireless guitar and can check if it works with the GH2 I would appreciate a report. I remember reading in a few places that third party guitars may not work :([/quote]

Most recent comments say that recent manufactured wireless guitars were modified to work, while older ones can get an adaptor for $7 to get it to work...

11/02 Sugarland, TX - nothing
11/03 West Oaks, TX - nothing

I can wait until the 7th though.

Remember to use your GGC for $5 off at BB!

[quote name='egonpax']11/02 Sugarland, TX - nothing
11/03 West Oaks, TX - nothing

I can wait until the 7th though.

Remember to use your GGC for $5 off at BB![/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be checking at least one BB in the Houston area, and I'll post my findings!

[quote name='klyco']So did anyone actually get a copy early?[/quote]
Friend called and got one around Center City Philadelphia, not sure which store though. Said it was just the game for $49.99. Im going to check around Northeast Philly today.

EDIT-No luck.

No luck in Lakewood, CA. They had GH2 demo set up though.

So can you get your pre-order deposit back from BB after the 23rd? I'm thinking of getting it from Amazon to save on tax, which is slightly better than GGC.

No BBs within an hour here, but checked the Wal-Marts in Columbus, MS and Starkville, MS. Columbus Wal-Mart, the worker said they had em in the back, but they hadn't put them on the shelves yet. My brother checked the one in Starkville -- he found them on the shelf. When he went to buy one, it rang up in their register as "DO NOT SELL" -- he tried desperately to tell them he had no idea why (the workers had no idea why either), but they couldn't/wouldn't budge. This was game-only btw, no bundles to be seen.

Looks like we're waiting till Tuesday here -- although the previous poster's making me want to check the FYE in town. However, I don't know if I can take 3 disappointments in one day . . .

None in Rochester, NY. They did have a demo of it running, though. I got 4 stars on Madhouse and Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart on expert on my first try. :)

No luck at the Colma and San Francisco BB B&M locations.

They both told me that GHII will be released on Tuesday, November 7th.

If anyone lives in boise,caldwell, the nampa Idaho fred meyers has the game only one I picked one up and me and my fiance are rocking out :)

[quote name='klyco']So did anyone actually get a copy early?[/quote]

I have already beaten the game on Medium. However, the difficulty level really jumps up when you try it on Hard. Needless to say, I am really quite worried about what expert looks like. Even the very first song, on hard, is quite tricky on the first few play throughs.

On Medium, I never failed at a single song. I had mostly five star ratings on everything until I reached the 7th or 8th tier.

Now, I'm lucky to pull down a three star rating in Hard mode... This is why I am happy that they have included a practice mode at varying levels of speed to practice certain licks.

Everyone must own this game. Red Octane has outdone themselves. :applause:

After checking Best Buy, Toys R Us, and two Targets I found a lone copy at my local FYE. There was only one copy and it was the game only. I've beaten every song on expert except for Free Bird. The game lives up to all the hype and it truely tweaks on all the things that kept Guitar Hero 1 just a little far away from perfect.

bread's done
Back