Guitar Hero 2 XBox 360 - should I wait for a deal?

killbot13

CAGiversary!
I had Guitar Hero 1 and loved it. But to be honest most of the songs on GH2 are not as appealing to me.

I got the first one for $50, and I figure once I buy extra songs on Marketplace it will be another $20 on top of what I pay for the game and guitar.

Do you guys think a nice sale might happen on the 360 version since its not exactly a new game? Im hoping demand isnt as big as supply and I will be able to nab this for $70 or less after tax/shipping.

What the heck ... no one has an opinion on this ?

:???:

I know its just speculation, but does anyone think this would go on sale in the first month?

[quote name='Scorch']When's the last time you saw the first or second bundle ever go on sale?

..exactly. Never. Don't wait.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I waited as long as I could for the first one, and eventually just broke down and asked for it for Christmas. I don't anticipate a price drop for the 360 version any time soon.

I think if anything the PS2 bundles might go on sale when the 360 one comes out, its gonna sell like hotcakes though and I know people that are actually going to buy a 360 just to get it.

I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP, I've bought the first two (not at full retail but pretty close) and beat both on expert, so the 360 one won't last long for me. However I like the idea of having a massive playlist of GH 1 and 2 songs (if that's what they put on the marketplace) and I currently only have Oblivion and Project 8 for the 360, so I could use a good game that I know I'll like.

It's gonna be really expensive to get the new one and an extra guitar to match my PS2 setup though, even if I can sell off the two PS2 bundles.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']The only deal will be if you find some guy selling them out of the back of his van and he has no receipts for them...[/QUOTE]
Thats funny, wheres that guy for the wii or the ps3...........

not yet...Microsoft dosnt want the wireless technology they use shared...if it was wireless though i would have no question in buying it when it comes out...i just hate to buy it then somehow they come out with a wireless one:cry:

You realize you're just asking a question that's basically equal to should I wait to rock out super hard? Pretty much...yeah, like everyone said, no deals should be available for a while, plus it's GH, so I'd say go for it.

[quote name='Jedi1979']not yet...Microsoft dosnt want the wireless technology they use shared...if it was wireless though i would have no question in buying it when it comes out...i just hate to buy it then somehow they come out with a wireless one:cry:[/quote]

I can't imagine having wires. That would suck.

With my projector, I generally sit far from both screen and from xbox.

As much as I love this game, i'll have to wait,

I would never wait to rock out super hard! In the immortal words of "Twisted Sister" Frontman Dee Snider..."I wanna Rock!" right now! R.I.P. Dee...we all love you down here man!

(I know Dee Snider is still alive...It is a joke. He does look pretty old to me though.)

Costco.com has this for $80 and shipping is free. (not B&M).

I wish a wireless guitar was coming out for it.

[quote name='Scorch']When's the last time you saw the first or second bundle ever go on sale?

..exactly. Never. Don't wait.[/quote]

Not true, I got the first bundle for $59 after tax about 5 months after it came out.

I'm hoping Amazon will come to the rescue, but I agree with most people here. I should probably buy it right away instead of waiting to save a measly $20-30, especially for a game this cool.

My mom works at Wal-Mart (where she makes good money actually, for all the WM bashers out there) and she could get it at 10% off for me for my birthday.

Thanks for the advise everyone. ;)

I just don't have the money to buy it and DDR Universe close to each other. And I'm a bigger DDR'er, so I'm getting it and waiting on GHII. I pray I can snag a used copy somewhere, someday.

bread's done
Back