Guitar Hero 3 wired bundle (360 or PS2) - $40

Awesome. Great find! I'll definitely try and gather up the money to get this. Its almost too good to be true, but its right on the Walmart site.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']i hav a quick question . . . . will the guitar work for Rock Band??? looking for an extra guitar for my set:D[/quote]

On the 360 it will, yes.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']WTF? I just bought this like 2-3 days ago online for $50. Is there any way to get that $10 back?![/quote]

what the hell?! me too. is there anyway to that $10 back? damn you walmart i hate you

gf pulled the trigger on this, finally some GH up in our home. Now to hope it comes in good condition. Last package i got from walmart was jacked up. Nice price though, I just hope the guitar will work with GH4 when it comes out.

Anyone know if they ever released that pedal attachment? Or was that scraped? I know the controler had a port on it or something.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Does anyone know if the wired PS2 guitar will work on a 360? I'm assuming they're both USB.[/quote]

the ps2 guitars are not usb.

[quote name='Gumby the Green']what the hell?! me too. is there anyway to that $10 back? damn you walmart i hate you[/quote]

Me too.....dammit!

Any reason why Guitar Hero 3 is being marked down constantly? It went from $50 at Walmart, to $40 now. Even Newegg is jumping on the bandwagon; They're selling the wired bundle for $43 shipped.

I'm just curious if they using a new controller for GH4 and they're trying to offload the old stuff.

[quote name='supremebeanjw1']Any reason why Guitar Hero 3 is being marked down constantly? It went from $50 at Walmart, to $40 now. Even Newegg is jumping on the bandwagon; They're selling the wired bundle for $43 shipped.

I'm just curious if they using a new controller for GH4 and they're trying to offload the old stuff.[/quote]

I speculate it's to reduce inventory, not just for the stores, but the manufacturer. They are going to start marketing GH4 heavily at the end of the summer. They are discounting GH2/3 now so GH4 can sell to the fullest for Christmas.

Yes, they are using "new" controllers. Video:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/28/guitar-hero-world-tour-debuted/

The guitars look to be the same, and I bet they'll remain cross-compatible with old GH and Rock Band. The new controllers copy Rock Band, but as I hoped, they're looking to add original compositions (play you're own music, not theirs). I haven't confirmed this feature but I read about it somewhere.

[quote name='WillSci']I speculate it's to reduce inventory, not just for the stores, but the manufacturer. They are going to start marketing GH4 heavily at the end of the summer. They are discounting GH2/3 now so GH4 can sell to the fullest for Christmas.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah... they're huge and take up a lot of space, making it hard to keep other inventory. I'm guessing Rock Band might see the same kind of drops though maybe not as significant.

THANK YOU! I havnt bought a Guitar Hero since the first came out since I didnt want to spent more then $40. This made my day.....now if I can just win my lowball bid on ebay this will truely be an awesome day!

wow can't believe how much this has dropped. I still don't own GHIII. I have a fully rockband set, with my GHII controller already though.

Wow. I never thought it would go lower than $50 when I bought it from them a few weeks ago. That's a steal at that price! Unbelievable deal!

Anyone wanting one should order from Newegg just to give them the business over Wal*Mart.

I was looking all over for that email from walmart. Guess my mail handler got rid of it. Thats the truly cheapass way of doing things. My hats off to you good sir :applause:

[quote name='bzchanboy']I was looking all over for that email from walmart. Guess my mail handler got rid of it. Thats the truly cheapass way of doing things. My hats off to you good sir :applause:[/quote]

When you check out from your walmart account (god it pains me to write that), if you still haven't used the $10 gift card, it should show up at the bottom as a payment option. No fuss, no muss. Good luck, fellow cheapy! :lol:

I would also like to thank you for this. I've been waiting to get the game separate for this price or less since I have that guitar, but I'll take both for 40 :D

[quote name='chris100185']How long is the wire? Will I pretty much have to sit/stand right near my Xbox or can I sit a little ways back.[/quote]

I dunno how long the wire is, but you can always just buy a USB extension cable from Newegg or someone if it doesn't reach.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']would gamestop B&M PM?
the nearest one to me has a walmart right next to it[/quote]

I highly doubt it. I've never known Gamestop/EB to PM anything.

If you want to PM with little to no fuss, go the way of Sears. Plus they only carry the Wireless versions, so you could essentially score every larger on this deal. Also note Sears will do a 110% price difference.

okay im not really good with all these abbreviations or w/e lol but what is B&M? and does any1 know how much store credit you get if you traded in GH3 to gamestop? if its more than $40 i am going to get these and just sell them to GS. I really need a 360 and i got nothin right now :/

I was considering it at $50, but I guess I haven't a choice now. Now to find GH2 cheap and rid myself of the PS2 versions (I can't possibly justify having 4 guitar controllers lying around)

I bought the wired guitar from a local used game shop. The cord is probably 5-6 feet I'd say. Whoever is using that guitar on the couch at my house always has plenty of slack. I paid 35 bucks just for the guitar so you guys are getting a steal at that price for a new guitar and game.

Even though I enjoy rock band a lot more than guitar hero, I just could not pass up on this deal for the xplorer controller to use for rock band. Any of you guy's know how much I would get the guitar hero 3 game from gamestop? thanks op :)

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']WTF? I just bought this like 2-3 days ago online for $50. Is there any way to get that $10 back?![/quote]

[quote name='Gumby the Green']what the hell?! me too. is there anyway to that $10 back? damn you walmart i hate you[/quote]

They have a 7-day price adjustment policy (yes, SEVEN only!) Call the 800# ASAP..

I emailed Walmart Customer suppot on Thursday morning and got an email back that evening. They are refunding the $10 difference back and I already got an email from them confirming the money will be put back on my card.

No PS3 version? :'(

(the PS2 guitars won't work on the PS3 GH3/RB without a special adapter. TAC Offers a rather nice one for $20 bucks -- its also up on amazon and qualifies for Super SAVER Shipping if your order goes over the threshold. This is especially nice because the PS3 GH Guitars are incompatible with RB, potentially saving the need to purchase ANY PS3-specific guitar by re-using your old PS2 ones)

EDIT: The PS3 Bundle is down to 70 bucks online at Walmart.com

GH3 for 360 trades in for $18 at Gamestop, probably more if you sell it yourself on Ebay/CL. After shipping that's a pretty awesome deal for a controller.

I'm in for 2 to replace my wonky guitars.

bread's done
Back