Guitar Hero 3 wired bundle (360 or PS2) - $40

Just ordered the game for the second time (had it when it released and sold it). $40 for the game and controller is a steal.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']GH3 for 360 trades in for $18 at Gamestop, probably more if you sell it yourself on Ebay/CL. After shipping that's a pretty awesome deal for a controller.

I'm in for 2 to replace my wonky guitars.[/quote]

oh cool, i think i'll just keep the game and maybe sell it later if i get bored with it

[quote name='DenjinJ']Is this deal online only or can I walk into a B&M store and pick it up for this price?[/quote]

The walmart.com page says it's online only but you can have walmart ship to store to not have to pay shipping but there's standard shipping for only 97 cents.

[quote name='bzchanboy']gf pulled the trigger on this, finally some GH up in our home. Now to hope it comes in good condition. Last package i got from walmart was jacked up. Nice price though, I just hope the guitar will work with GH4 when it comes out.
[/quote]

I bit on this deal and my package came squished. I wasn't planning on keeping the box, so I wasn't too upset.

Also, they said all the previous official controller iterations would be compatible with 4, but there may be some new game mechanics that you can't perform with them.

[quote name='instapho']Newegg is showing $87.99 for me[/quote]

Yeah newegg at over twice as much certainly doesn't get a CAG hat.

Why isn't there more love for this deal? Not that there have been negative comments in this thread, but I would expect people to be much more enthusiastic given how much lower this is than the wireless package. Is it because people just don't like the wired controller? Are people afraid that despite GHII/RB compatability, it won't be compatible with GHIV? Or is it just that everyone who would want GHIII bought it long ago?

Just curious.

I got mine last week. Excellent deal for those who don't feel like switching batteries all the time in the Les Paul. This gives me an excuse to get Rock Band.

Got this last week. Great deal. Thinking of ordering another for the controller and trading the game in to gamestop.

I was looking for a GH compatible Guitar so I can play 4 when it comes out, plus I need an extra one for Rock Band. The only problem is that the MGS4 bundle basically broke my bank. Hopefully this deal lasts a few weeks so I can get some cash.

Hopefully, this will still be up until tomorrow afternoon. I could really use the X-Plorer so that I can put the crappy Stratocaster away, trade in the game, and put the credit towards Portable Ops using this week's GS/EB coupon.

So it says that this is out of stock online and not avalible in stores. Does that mean there's 0 chance that Walmart is going to put this back up online again? I couldn't get the money in time, pay day held me back, but I'm really hoping I can get on this because I need a GH compatible controller to use with Rock Band and have for GHIV if I ever want to pick that up.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']So it says that this is out of stock online and not avalible in stores. Does that mean there's 0 chance that Walmart is going to put this back up online again? I couldn't get the money in time, pay day held me back, but I'm really hoping I can get on this because I need a GH compatible controller to use with Rock Band and have for GHIV if I ever want to pick that up.[/quote]
This deal is YMMV. It is 39.47 online but when i go to one of my Walmart they actually had one there the box was a bit torn off. I thought that wasn't that big of the deal so i decided to buy it for 40$ it worth it. But it rang up 89.97 at the register. I told the dude it's 39.47 online and he told me walmart doesn't match price of their online store? I was like you're bullshit. ANyone know about walmart price match policy with their online prices? I want to get it.

[quote name='luan87us']This deal is YMMV. It is 39.47 online but when i go to one of my Walmart they actually had one there the box was a bit torn off. I thought that wasn't that big of the deal so i decided to buy it for 40$ it worth it. But it rang up 89.97 at the register. I told the dude it's 39.47 online and he told me walmart doesn't match price of their online store? I was like you're bullshit. ANyone know about walmart price match policy with their online prices? I want to get it.[/quote]
Theres a disclaimer online saying that online prices may not be the same in-store, so all you managed to do was make an ass of yourself.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Theres a disclaimer online saying that online prices may not be the same in-store, so all you managed to do was make an ass of yourself.[/quote]

Silly boy didn't you know that Wal-mart doesn't compete with Wal-mart! I mean how can anyone even Wal-mart compete against Wal-mart and hope to win....
Lesson is; if you're going up against Wal-mart, even if your Wal-mart, you're going to loose!
:roll:

Don't feel bad, exact situation happened to me with a memory card reader....and I was told the same assinine lame policy. Personally, I think its because Wal-mart is convinced of its own superiority and no other reason. After all they will pricematch competitiors ads.....

Stupid Wal-mart...................one more reason that they are THE EVIL EMPIRE!
:twisted:

Right, so I can't get it in stores, I didn't expect to be able to do that since it always said online that it wasn't available in stores, but are they going to restock online or should I just jump on this same deal for an extra $10 somewhere else?

I really want a GH compatible guitar for my back up so when I have people over for Rock Band we can do the whole band. Plus I wanted to rent Aerosmith to give that Run DMC track and The Cult track a try.

This was such a great deal, glad I grabbed it while I could. However I really wish they would have done GH2 at a similar price!

I saw this at Wal-Mart the other day for full price. I can't believe they're trying to rip people off by paying the same price for a wired guitar (well actually I can).

So once again I ask, is there any chance of this being restocked online or should I just pay $10 more for a wired bundle from a different site?

[quote name='lurknomore']this looks to be dead[/quote]

That's what I thought, I was just confused because it was still listed on the website, just said to be out of stock. I guess I'll just order it from another site. I wish there was a way to get my controller from PS2 to work on 360 because I'm not a huge fan of the X-Plorer, and less so of the Les Paul. Plus my Target Exclusive PS2 Red Octane SG guitars are my favorite ones to play with yet, the strum bar is so easy.

Oh well, I'll just buy from that person on Amazon I guess.

bread's done
Back