Guitar Hero - any FAQ's / resources for painting / customizing guitar?

orphicblue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm really pumped - my best friend got me a copy of Guitar Hero for Christmas and now I'm really interested in doing some kind of custom art / finish on it, if possible. Does anyone know where I could look to find out what kind of paint or materials I would need to do this right? Thanks in advance!

Well, unlike a real guitar, I'm pretty sure that the guitar hero guitar is made entirely of plastic, is one piece and a lot harder to put back together than a real guitar should you decide to disassemble it.

i wouldn't suggest disassembling it.. it is one piece and is pretty solid.. (although hollow) any kind of plastic paint should do ok.. i put a bunch of band stickers I like on it.. (so it mocks my real guitar) but yeah I'd also buy extra white paint no matter what you might get some unwanted paint on the "pickguard" area and i would imagine you would want that white still. i'd look in the model department of any store they should have some paints.. spray painting could work.. but i'd worry about getting it inside the mechanisims.

If you're painting anything, take it apart. If you paint a controller whole you run the risk of fusing the buttons or shorting the circuitry. Additionally, it'll look MUCH better if you dont have lame blotches from trying to avoid it certain areas and failing. If you're afraid to take it apart, you shouldn't be trying to mod it. Stick with stickers. =P

bread's done
Back