Guitar Hero Game/Controller Pack $35 at KMART - could be YMMV

duran603

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got back from the Kmart in North Miami Beach, FL and picked up a Guitar Hero with the game and controller included for just $35.00. The sticker said it was a clearance price. There was one left on the shelf. This could be YMMV. If this has already been posted, accept my apologies.

My Kmart Blows it never has anything good and I just bought this at Sams Club for 65.00 bucks. This game is awsome for people that havent played it yet. Thanks though, Later

Damn, i went to like 5 different K-marts yesterday...Was looking for Taiko Drums...I saw a bunch of Guitar Heroes but didn't know it was already clearance...Can anyone else confirm this?

It was definitely a surprise for me. I just stopped by on the way to work to get a drink and decided to make a run over to the electronics section and lo and behold I saw 2 of them. Couldn't turn it down. I've been wanting this game for a long time and couldn't pass it up for $35. Sounds like it must be ymmv b/c I didn't see it on the Kmart clearance thread. That's why i wasn't expecting to find it. Made me feel good especially after searching 2 circuit city's for Resident Evil 4 PE with no luck.

I bought a controller/game bundle at BestBuy around Christmas, clearanced because the box was torn on one side. I got it for $25.00!!! That was a great deal. This one is just as good though, good find OP!

[quote name='manthing']Checked the KMart down the road at lunch. GH rang up at $25 :cry:[/QUOTE]

$25? Wouldn't that be a good thing?

[quote name='manthing']Checked the KMart down the road at lunch. GH rang up at $25 :cry:[/quote]
Seriously, why the ":cry:"? And which K-Mart was it?

Orlando, FL = $69.99, I was tempted to get the wabebird/metroid prime for 19.99, it's worth it just for the controller.

[quote name='Archgarth']Roufuss, are K-mart clearances company wide, or store-specific. I'm just asking because I think you used to work there.[/QUOTE]

They should be company wide, as evidenced by the fact that we have that huge thread at the top where all the prices are generally the same.

I've never heard of something like this... maybe it's regional?

When i bought the bundle, there was a large yellow sticker that read "Clearance $35.00." I also noticed Donkey Kong with the Bongos for $35. I'll try to scan a copy of the receipt when I get home.

Just thought I would put my two cents in but those of you out there that are saying it is $69.99 or whatever....are you having GH scanned? If you have taken part in the KMART clearance thread you would know that when a game goes on clearance at kmart it is more than possible that they did not mark it.

Just thought I would ask....and suggest to have the games scanned instead of just going by what was on the tag.

ex. I got Donkey Konga w bongos for $15 dollars. It was marked full price, no clearance. Duran, if that is the 1st donkey konga, I would say that it is less than $35

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Just thought I would put my two cents in but those of you out there that are saying it is $69.99 or whatever....are you having GH scanned? If you have taken part in the KMART clearance thread you would know that when a game goes on clearance at kmart it is more than possible that they did not mark it.

Just thought I would ask....and suggest to have the games scanned instead of just going by what was on the tag.

ex. I got Donkey Konga w bongos for $15 dollars. It was marked full price, no clearance. Duran, if that is the 1st donkey konga, I would say that it is less than $35[/QUOTE]

Last time I heard of someone else getting this for $35, I had the guy take it out of the case, walk it to the register and price check it, and it came up $69.99.

Same here. I made the guy take it out of the case, although he was obviously very obnoxious, and kept saying just look at the price tag...oh well.

Just thought I would bring it up in case some of you guys weren't familiar with Kmart's clearance "tactics"

It is really odd that it is on clearance at some kmarts and not at others....Mine doesnt have guitar hero and I think that they have only had one since it came out and it sold long ago.

[quote name='dragonjud']Same here. I made the guy take it out of the case, although he was obviously very obnoxious, and kept saying just look at the price tag...oh well.[/QUOTE]

I always get that at K-Mart too, like it's a complete hassle or something like that. In fact, one of the places I called didn't even bother checking the price for me, he just said he "thought" it was 59.99. Schmuck.

[quote name='Archgarth']I always get that at K-Mart too, like it's a complete hassle or something like that. In fact, one of the places I called didn't even bother checking the price for me, he just said he "thought" it was 59.99. Schmuck.[/QUOTE]

Same. There is only one K-Mart I went to where the guy there was more than happy to do a price check because I think he was bored.

Yesterday I ran into one of those guys at a different K-Mart who acted like it was a freaking hassle to do a price check, so I pretended like I was going to buy the game, and it when came up the wrong price I told him I changed my mind, and he just rolled his eyes and sighed.

But what can you expect at K-Mart, most people there are dumb as rocks... I honestly hate the whole chain of dirty stores.

Well i had this girl "try" to open glass case...It was like watching a monkey trying to put a square block in a circle hole...After 10 minutes & 2 other employees later they finally opened it...I was going to ask to open the other but decided best not too...At least they tried...I had employees who just dont want to open it...I was like fine, can you get that game cause i want to buy it....They getting a lazy frustration look like fine i'll get off my ass & get this for you...They ring it up & OMG its not the same price as the sticker....

Oh well K-mart still has the cheapest prices among all B&M....

[quote name='rcaido']Well i had this girl "try" to open glass case...It was like watching a monkey trying to put a square block in a circle hole...After 10 minutes & 2 other employees later they finally opened it...I was going to ask to open the other but decided best not too...At least they tried...I had employees who just dont want to open it...I was like fine, can you get that game cause i want to buy it....They getting a lazy frustration look like fine i'll get off my ass & get this for you...They ring it up & OMG its not the same price as the sticker....

Oh well K-mart still has the cheapest prices among all B&M....[/QUOTE]

wait so was it clearenced or not? over here, it's goign for 74 and some change. very weak price IMO

Here is a copy of the receipt for any non believers out there. It's a little faded (i guess the ink was running out) but you can see it.
kmart.jpg

I'd love to get a second one for shits and giggles. Mine never has anything good. You'd think that a store that caters to ghetto and trailer trash would have a good backstock...

I also got one for $35 a while back. I'm in the same area as the OP so it may be that we got it at the same store. OP, is this the Kmart that's basically a few blocks away from the new Walmart or the one that's on US1? I wanted to get another one just for the guitar but when I went to a different Kmart, it was full price. I'm guessing it was just that one store who clearanced it out. I'm almost thinking of buying full price in one and seeing if I can get the price adjusted at the store that has it on clearance. I guess it would only cost me time.

[quote name='drsuper23']I also got one for $35 a while back. I'm in the same area as the OP so it may be that we got it at the same store. OP, is this the Kmart that's basically a few blocks away from the new Walmart or the one that's on US1? I wanted to get another one just for the guitar but when I went to a different Kmart, it was full price. I'm guessing it was just that one store who clearanced it out. I'm almost thinking of buying full price in one and seeing if I can get the price adjusted at the store that has it on clearance. I guess it would only cost me time.[/QUOTE]

It's right down the street from my office on 167th Street. And yes, it is on the same street as the new walmart on 163rd and 15th Ave. They had one more left as of this morning.

I hope they have it tomorrow morning so that I can pick it up. My girlfriend loves this game and so do our friends.

[quote name='duran603']It's right down the street from my office on 167th Street. And yes, it is on the same street as the new walmart on 163rd and 15th Ave. They had one more left as of this morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='drsuper23']I hope they have it tomorrow morning so that I can pick it up. My girlfriend loves this game and so do our friends.[/QUOTE]

When I got it, it wasn't in the glass case. It was on the shelf next to the glass case. Good luck! I love the game too!

Damn, played this game for the first time ever finally this weekend, and loved it. I'd definitely have to consider picking a few up for $35. Gotta have two guitars and all.

bread's done
Back