Guitar Hero III - A Week Early @ Sears CONFIRMED (YMMV + Game Only)

BigMastadon

CAGiversary!
So yea... I work at Sears and heard the rumor that Sears was going to have guitar hero 3 a week early. When I went in today... to my surprise I saw two of the X-Box 360 version and one of the Playstation 2 version. Picked up the 360 one on the spot... but took the other two copies back to loss prevention (would've been my ass if they stayed out since I noticed them).

The system didnt even flag them as not being sellable due to street date... so some stores might not even notice that this game should not be out yet... (As I was the first one to notice, and I went in about 6 hours after store opening.)

Not really a DEAL perse' but a chance to score the game early. (Guitar package was not in yet.)

Oh... and another bit that I thought was weird... the game rang up as $59.99, so you might be able to purchase early, then price match a week from now to get the difference in price (if best buy or whoever has it for $49.99 like usual).

Cheers.

Thanks for the information. By the way, its Sears, not Sear's. You work there and you don't know what the name of the store is? :)

I got mine thanks to the other thread, they stopped selling it after I got mine though.. so the other CAG in the area got screwed. :p

[quote name='BigMastadon']Hey, I typed it as Sears in the title name ;)

- All cases of Sear's fixed :p[/quote]

Thanks - I'm a grammar whore.

I saw a couple people on my friends list playing this game already, so the game must be out in a lot of locations.

[quote name='RudyPants']Thanks - I'm a grammar whore.

I saw a couple people on my friends list playing this game already, so the game must be out in a lot of locations.[/quote]

I believe that if you are playing the demo (that got released this morning), it shows that you are playing GHIII, so that doesn't mean they have the game.

So since you noticed them, if you left them there, you'd get in trouble, but *buying* one is OK? That sounds odd.

It's really awesome that my Sears has stopped selling games.

I believe that if you are playing the demo (that got released this morning), it shows that you are playing GHIII, so that doesn't mean they have the game.

No. It says "Guitar Hero 3 Demo"

Guy it my sears said they wouldn't have it out til NEXT TUESDAY (a few days after the normal release date). Looks like I'll be sticking with my gamestop preorder :)

lol... if anyone doesnt believe me, check my Gamer profile on xbox.com or whatever... my 360 GT is BigMastadon

I also had it ordered from deep discount... will still prolly keep that one for the guitar, then ebay the actual game to cut the cost a little bit... but to play it a week early... no way I was gonna pass that up.

It's not that we dont believe you, its just that it's old news. I've had mine since Sunday... Some leaks always happen for every game. It's just big releases like this, Halo, etc get bigger press about the leaks.

i work sears eletronics and i was there just sunday and no gh3. i dont go back till fri.

i only work fri, sat, sun for commision. btw sears sucks with caring, so its very possible this happened

[quote name='(psp)snake']i work sears eletronics and i was there just sunday and no gh3. i dont go back till fri.

i only work fri, sat, sun for commision. btw sears sucks with caring, so its very possible this happened[/quote]

lol, very possible... I work in electronics and had the other electronic associate check me out :p, then rushed it out to my car so no one could stop me or anything. I was kind of surprised there was no street date block or anything in the system though.

I wish the Wii version would get released early :).

[quote name='RudyPants']Thanks for the information. By the way, its Sears, not Sear's. You work there and you don't know what the name of the store is? :)[/QUOTE]
By the way, "its" should be "it's".

The kmart near me has 4 or 5 copies of the Xbox 360 version on the shelves. I don't know if you can actually buy them as I didn't try to buy one.

EDIT: and today they had disappeared. Either they were purchased or, more likely, they pulled them.

I actually saw the 360 version of the game at a local CC last weekend.
1727253085_3ac9007a24.jpg

[quote name='(psp)snake']i work sears eletronics and i was there just sunday and no gh3. i dont go back till fri.

i only work fri, sat, sun for commision. btw sears sucks with caring, so its very possible this happened[/quote]
Yeah, I remember last year somebody bought a Wii the day the PS3 came out at Sears. I think it was only a difference of three days, but it was three days before the other people who bought it at launch.

[quote name='hordak']Has anybody spotted the PC version yet?[/QUOTE]

PC version's not coming out at the same time as consoles, should be a couple of weeks.

i would've been all over this if i didn't have so many other games to keep me busy until it's official release. i can wait. thanks tho :)

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']i would've been all over this if i didn't have so many other games to keep me busy until it's official release. i can wait. thanks tho :)[/QUOTE]

So many games to keep you busy until its official release..so your saying you have alot of games to keep you busy just for 4 days?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']So many games to keep you busy until its official release..so your saying you have alot of games to keep you busy just for 4 days?[/quote]

that IS correct :) man...i still have some games sealed that i haven't got around to playing yet. this november's not gonna help. i'm gonna be adding to that collection of sealed games it seems like. :p

yah im still waiting for my orange box/skate to come from toysrus

and then gotta pick this up...and then assassin's creed/rock band around thanksgiving/christmas

bread's done
Back