Guitar Hero III at Goodwill $49.99! (YMMV)

facemeat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I wouldn't normally post this, because I know that most Goodwill items are highly YMMV, but here goes:
I saw a copy of GH III for the Wii behind the counter and asked the cashier about it, she said, "It doesn't work, it's a return, but we get these in weekly at $50 a piece. We get them for Playstation and Xbox too." And yeah, she actually said Playstation and Xbox. It can't hurt to try a Goodwill if you're in need of this, she did say they get them weekly. Hope that helps someone!
I'll be going there once in a while myself, at that kinda price.

I saw a 360 version at the Goodwill in Clintonville, Ohio for fifty bones.

A corner of the box was extremely caved in and they don't offer returns so I passed.

This is awesome!!! Not only can I get GHIII and act like a rockstar, but I can pick up some second-hand clothes and dress like one too!!! One-stop shop baby!!!

i got a 360 les paul controller from a goodwill a couple weeks ago. was on the 50% off day got it for $20. works perfect, still had strap in stickers unopened.

They do work. I actually in my area have a good will store and picked up the wii version for 50.00 it was actually brandnew looking wasn't even sure how they had it.

I'm going to have to check this out... my roomie wants that Wireless Guitar for X-Mas and this would be the cheapest way to aquire one.

Sorry for my Newbiness but what is a goodwill store? Is it like salvation army type place?

Just asking as i just searched in the store locator and there 2 close by my aread and might just check it out. Thanks

[quote name='serge2k']Sorry for my Newbiness but what is a goodwill store? Is it like salvation army type place?

Just asking as i just searched in the store locator and there 2 close by my aread and might just check it out. Thanks[/quote]
Yeah, it's like a Salvation Army. They sell used (and some new) items, mainly clothes, but sometimes you'll find something good there.

if you make a donation at one of the Goodwill trucks they will give you a coupon for 20% off any item (you might have to ask for the coupon).

So this could make this deal even better.

[quote name='daminion']if you make a donation at one of the Goodwill trucks they will give you a coupon for 20% off any item (you might have to ask for the coupon).

So this could make this deal even better.[/quote]

where are the trucks? is it the same deal at the goodwill store too?

[quote name='daminion']if you make a donation at one of the Goodwill trucks they will give you a coupon for 20% off any item (you might have to ask for the coupon).

So this could make this deal even better.[/quote]
That's what really PO'd me. Goodwill had a sale yesterday for 20% off any one item of your choice. You didn't even have to make a donation. Oh well, guess I'll have to pay $50.

I've been watching auctions at shopgoodwill for a while and generally the selling prices are really terrible. Worse than ebay. Plus the condition of the items sold is almost always "untested".

No GH3, but I did find WiiPlay in a busted up box. Game was still sealed and the controller was wrapped up and never used. $24.99 minus employee discount, $19.96 after tax. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Thanks but I can almost gurantee that my local goodwill won't have it because they haven't been getting anything good in. Recently I saw that they had a bare bones N64.. For $13. No cables, controllers or games. Just the system. Yeesh.

Where is the goodwill that you found it at?

Thanks facemeat, I've never been to a Goodwill store before; I think I'll be checking oine out soon. It's regrettable that returns are not offered, but I have some old clothes and stuff to donate so I guess I'll look into this while I'm at it.

[quote name='CoconutSport']This is awesome!!! Not only can I get GHIII and act like a rockstar, but I can pick up some second-hand clothes and dress like one too!!! One-stop shop baby!!![/quote]

My first lol of the day, thanks!

[quote name='pujoo']I saw a 360 version at the Goodwill in Clintonville, Ohio for fifty bones.

A corner of the box was extremely caved in and they don't offer returns so I passed.[/quote]

Return policies must vary, at the MN ones the policy is 7 days with reciept and tags still intact.

[quote name='LuisRM']Return policies must vary, at the MN ones the policy is 7 days with reciept and tags still intact.[/quote]
Same for all the Goodwill's near me. Really depends on the cashier actually. I've had one cashier tell me no returns, even though that particular Goodwill took returns.

[quote name='PyroGamer']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

My Goodwill had an N64 for $40 the other day. Yep. And South Park for the N64 for something like $5.

Yep. Woo-hoo Goodwill.

If you have a $400 video-game system to buy a game for, I would hardly say you are unfortunate financially.[/QUOTE]

It's not just the merchandise...but the money you spend there.

Yes, not many less fortunate people are picking up PS3 games at Goodwill, but the $20 that someone spends there also goes right back into the system to help out the less fortunate.

Or...at least that helps my conscience when I shop there.

[quote name='seanr1221']Isn't Goodwill for the less fortunate...?[/quote]
If it makes you feel better, just tell yourself that the cash we save by frequenting CAG goes to charity.

I always thought the point of the Goodwill stores was to make money for the greater organization (i.e., monetize the stuff that people donate)?

Not trying to get into a flame war, I just never thought of Goodwill as a place I shouldn't go if I can afford to go elsewhere. (thinks of the $12.50 cassette deck I picked up last year that was running around $150 on Ebay...)

[quote name='daveymark']where are the trucks? is it the same deal at the goodwill store too?[/quote]

trucks are all over the frigging place, i'm afraid your going to have to call them and find out for yourself.

I am a big Goodwill fan and I stop at mine at least 4 times a week but I have to say that this is one of the most incredibly YMMV posts of all time.

I've scored quite a few gaming deals at GW over the years but there is no telling what you will find on any given day. And good stuff is snapped up instantly.

[quote name='schultzed']I am a big Goodwill fan and I stop at mine at least 4 times a week but I have to say that this is one of the most incredibly YMMV posts of all time.

I've scored quite a few gaming deals at GW over the years but there is no telling what you will find on any given day. And good stuff is snapped up instantly.[/quote]
It's not really all that YMMV. You've seen that a couple of other people have found this and there are a bunch of these on Shopgoodwill, their also obviously getting them frequently. By the way, why was this moved? It was in the right section.

Aren't good wills for those who basically live in poverty, and need items of discounted prices? there will be many burning in hell for this type of greed and will suffer great infinate pain.

:p

[quote name='Dhuk']Aren't good wills for those who basically live in poverty, and need items of discounted prices? there will be many burning in hell for this type of greed and will suffer great infinate pain.

:p[/quote]

No. As already stated, Goodwill is a nonprofit organization where the proceeds go to help those in need.

http://www.goodwill.org/page/guest/about/whatwedo

On a side note, no GH at mine, but I did snag a minty first party SNES controller and a fairly decent NES Dogbone controller for $2 each.

This past weekend I found a :360: Guitar Hero X-plorer controller in box for $25.
It was buried under some bed in a bags behind the counter. When I saw it I thought/hoped it was the full package with game.

I saw a GH3 bundle for the 360 a few days after it had came out for $55, I was thinking WTF!?!?!? It had been opened and didn't really bother taking a look at it since I saw it on the way out. I was just really baffled at what GH3 was doing at goodwill only a few days after it had come out.

I get some 2600 games at my Goodwill and some people in a group I do stuff with buy cheap clothes there for costuming.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've been watching auctions at shopgoodwill for a while and generally the selling prices are really terrible. Worse than ebay. Plus the condition of the items sold is almost always "untested".[/QUOTE]
How many Goodwill's do you know with a 360 to test them?

Bought GHIII bundle for $40 at Goodwill. No box, and it was a Target return. I've had zero problems with it - and besides, Goodwill has a 7 day return policy on all electronics. Couple that with the fact that it's a non-profit (you don't pay sales tax) and it's a CAG's dream. Don't think you're too cool for Goodwill.

Went in today and saw they had about 10 GH3 and GH2 packs in back ready to go to Silent Auction. They can't put them all in the Silent Auction, some have to go to the floor (I hope). Unless they're dolling them out to all stores. I'm in MN and the new auction starts on Mondays.

*UPDATE*

Talked with the manager and they are all just going to one store. She said the GH3 sold last week for $60. They're putting them out one per week.

[quote name='sp00ge']No. As already stated, Goodwill is a nonprofit organization where the proceeds go to help those in need.

http://www.goodwill.org/page/guest/about/whatwedo

On a side note, no GH at mine, but I did snag a minty first party SNES controller and a fairly decent NES Dogbone controller for $2 each.[/quote]

thats why I put the razzy.

bread's done
Back