Guitar Hero III - Dongle!

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!
Not sure if anyone else picked it up. I was considering it but backed off at the last moment.

In reading the reviews on Amazon people have stated that, while it is true the guitar is wireless, it needs to have a USB transmitter/receiver plugged in to the PS3 to work. It doesn't use the normal bluetooth connection like the PS3 controllers.

Can anyone verify?

If true, that's really stupid.

Just saw the photos. I was expecting a little USB flash-drive looking dongle (like other wireless USB dongles for bluetooth or 802.11b/g). Those are pretty stupid looking and it's stupid that they didn't just use bluetooth.

I thought it was stupid at first, but when I pulled it out of the box it was pretty small and I don't mind it at all.

Yeah it isn't a big deal really, you can put it behind the ps3 if it really bothers you so much. It is about the size of a oreo cookie.

[quote name='bstan21']Yeah it isn't a big deal really, you can put it behind the ps3 if it really bothers you so much.[/quote]Unless you want to actually plug it into the USB port. Then you'll need to keep it in the front. ;)

[quote name='bstan21']
My PS3 is standing up so I tuck the dongle behind.[/quote]

It's also known as 'mangina'.

A dongle is used because the bluetooth and can only be accessed by Sony currently (third parties can't use it yet). However, due to controller dropouts at times with the 20/60GB PS3, we better be glad the dongle is being used because dropouts in GH would suck.

bread's done
Back