Guitar Hero III for DS

Hollow Man

CAGiversary!
"Guitar Hero III will be launching at the end of this year, and it's going to be launching on all platforms, so that will be Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, and the PS2. We're actually also looking at a DS version, for early next year."

Just flabbergasting. Will you use the d-pad and the L shoulder button for the frets and the R shoulder button to strum?

-HM

Yeah the strumming would undoubtedly involve the stylus. Hell, if they were feeling evil, they could have have you tap one of six strings, or strum across multiple strings for chords.

But I'm still wondering how one would control the five frets on the (virtual) neck.

-HM

I gotta think that it'll be closer to EBA than to guitar hero...actually EBA with the guitar heroesque soundtrack would be pretty sweet.

You'll probably press down on the d pad to strum and they'll figure a way to have you press different frets on the screen, I just don't know they'll do chords.

[quote name='natureboy46']I gotta think that it'll be closer to EBA than to guitar hero...actually EBA with the guitar heroesque soundtrack would be pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I can't really imagine any other form of gameplay for the DS that wasn't similar to EBA in terms of beat games...

Then again, I've been surprised before.

At first I didn't think it would be any good...but after reading some posts on this very thread I guess they could simply make it so you use the stylus to "tap" the notes and well solos would just be a pain...haha

Better be an EBA clone. I can't imagine how it would work any other way.

[quote name='UncleBob']Pre-order and get a special Guitar Pick stylus?[/quote]

I'd preorder for that.

Although, since it'll be on the Wii and the PS2, I probably won't be interested in this.

i imagine the top screen will be the chord view,

with the bottom screen having the guitar/whatever is there to strum.

or, something like EBA could always work.

bread's done
Back