Guitar Hero III - General Discussion: First Tracks Revealed/First Video Posted!!

Eh this track list doesn't excite me one bit. Ok the stones selection was good, the Alice Cooper selection is allright, everything else I would rather not play, except for slow ride but the problem there is they will use the studio version and not give you the live version (and there is a huge difference) which they should.

Also where the fuck is the metal. Give me some Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Motorhead, Judas Priest, something. Also where the fuck is Blues. If you want to be a Guitar Hero you should be able to play guitar like the best Blues artists.

[quote name='seanr1221']I said this in the 360 thread, but fuck YES to the Pumpkins being in this![/quote]

i would of been fucking happy if the track was "Zero".

[quote name='guyver2077']i would of been fucking happy if the track was "Zero".[/QUOTE]

Or Everlasting Gaze, but beggars cant be choosers!

Metal sucks. This is already better than the shitfest that was the Guitar Hero 2 tracklist.

Weezer - My Name Is Jonas

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=T_7Acdx25jQ[/media]
Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDs9c1WUX4A[/media]
Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=t1N_qX_r4Iw[/media]
Beastie Boys - Sabotage

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lzTxuDUfzzM[/media]
Tenacious D - The Metal

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fU4-sc4DOjM[/media]

Muse - Knights of

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lmYeUj1bn_U[/media]

Kiss - Rock and Roll All Nite

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DWLpbcgc814[/MEDIA]

Alice Cooper - School's Out

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ib84GZVz2g4[/MEDIA]

Fog Hat - Slow Ride

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=am_GqVsuaKA[/MEDIA]

Living Colour - Cult of Personality

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5SVDYBNrY[/MEDIA]

Heart - Barracuda

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=D-6o1BRezuw[/MEDIA]

[quote name='seanr1221']Or Everlasting Gaze, but beggars cant be choosers![/QUOTE]

Cherub Rock is probably one of my favorite Pumpkin songs, Zero or Everlasting Gaze are better choices, I would of even settled for I Am One, XYU or Thru the Eyes of Ruby.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Eh this track list doesn't excite me one bit. Ok the stones selection was good, the Alice Cooper selection is allright, everything else I would rather not play, except for slow ride but the problem there is they will use the studio version and not give you the live version (and there is a huge difference) which they should.

Also where the fuck is the metal. Give me some Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Motorhead, Judas Priest, something. Also where the fuck is Blues. If you want to be a Guitar Hero you should be able to play guitar like the best Blues artists.[/quote]
This is like the first dozen songs from a game that will have about 40-50 officially licensed tracks. Calm the fuck down.

This, combined with the 80's edition, equals massive win for me.

[quote name='evanft']Retard.[/quote]
*shrugs*

Was that supposed to insult me? I'm speaking fact so it's not like anything you say will change anything. Metal still sucks.

Nice edit job by the way. Out of curiousity why are you acting like such a bitch? How insecure are you really for you act all butthurt? It's not like I answer to you on my taste of music. Why would you even think your nagging would even matter to me?

Honestly that's just funny. Maybe this will make you feel better?

NiceCupOfShutUp.jpg

[quote name='prmononoke']:nottalking:[/quote]
I should say. There is some good metal. But it's like 90% shit, 5% tolerable, 4% okay, and 1% good. System of A Down, for example, is good but I don't know if that passes for metal these days.

I'd probably like to see something along the lines of:

Brand New - You Won't Know
The OffSping - All I want
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Incubus - Megalomaniac
Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Life / God of Wine
The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) / Rebellion

[quote name='KaneRobot']There will be a "new button color design" as well. fucking ASSHOLES. Can't just let people buy the game, you have to make sure everyone is forced to buy the guitar again as well.

Well forget that, I'll just deal with it. Don't need wireless and I'm sure not paying for it just because the orange button is now the second fret or whatever.[/QUOTE]
You know, "new button color design" doesn't automatically mean "old guitars not compatible." I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly watching the guitar while I'm playing. If it's still five buttons in a row, then who the fuck cares what color the plastic is?

Really, I think you're all overreacting until we find out what those four words will mean in terms of the finished product. Just calm the fuck down and give them the benefit of the doubt - Red Octane has delivered twice before, and I think it's a bit early to swear to never buy the third game or to get Rock Band instead.

Besides, if they were going to make a change, now is the obvious time since this is the first time guitars will be made for either the PS3 or the Wii.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I should say. There is some good metal. But it's like 90% shit, 5% tolerable, 4% okay, and 1% good.

System of A Down, for example, is good but I don't know if that passes for metal these days.[/quote]

What do you think is metal, exactly?

And you're gonna find that with any genre. It's almost the exact same thing with punk. You've got your good stuff, and then you have a ton of absolute crap, like Fall Out Boy and Good Charlotte.

Besides, if they were going to make a change, now is the obvious time since this is the first time guitars will be made for either the PS3 or the Wii.

Yeah, that's exactly what scares me.

For my first hopeful/positive post in this thread, on the subject of boss battles, it would be the ultimate if they could get Vai to agree to lend his likeness and the rights to recreate "Eugene's Bag of Tricks" from the end of Crossroads.

"Name is Jack Butler. Real good guitar playa. Cuts heads ev'ry Saturday night."

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I should say. There is some good metal. But it's like 90% shit, 5% tolerable, 4% okay, and 1% good.

System of A Down, for example, is good but I don't know if that passes for metal these days.[/QUOTE]

You obviously don't know what metal is, so your opinion on the subject is meaningless. :D

If that is in fact the original recording, Paint it Black must have cost them a fortune.

Sadly, its also why you won't find any original Zepplin on here, and don't even think about Metallica.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']You obviously don't know what metal is, so your opinion on the subject is meaningless. :D[/quote]
:) No it's not but keep telling yourself that if it make you feel better.

As for what I think is metal, there are varieties. The 'Hair Band Metal' genre is garbage for example. I'm happy Nirvana came around and killed it off.
Then there is metal along the lines of Metallica, which is usually crap. I know early Metallica gets a lot of love, and I think its tolerable.

I believe Dragonforce is considered metal and I consider that to suck ass through a straw. At the end of the day, if it's not fun to play, it's not worth it. I downloaded the freakin' Daft Punk 'Aerodynamic' track for the hacked Guitar Hero 2 and me and my friends had more fun playing that than some of the shit on Guitar Hero 2.

_852283_lars_ulrich150.jpg

"What?...Me? My band? Greedy beyond comprehension?? Turned into the very thing we railed against for years? When did this happen?"

[quote name='ahmedmalik']:) No it's not but keep telling yourself that if it make you feel better.

As for what I think is metal, there are varieties. The 'Hair Band Metal' genre is garbage for example. I'm happy Nirvana came around and killed it off.
Then there is metal along the lines of Metallica, which is usually crap. I know early Metallica gets a lot of love, and I think its tolerable.

I believe Dragonforce is considered metal and I consider that to suck ass through a straw. At the end of the day, if it's not fun to play, it's not worth it. I downloaded the freakin' Daft Punk 'Aerodynamic' track for the hacked Guitar Hero 2 and me and my friends had more fun playing that than some of the shit on Guitar Hero 2.[/QUOTE]

So you name off a couple famous metal bands, one sub-genre, and you claim "90% of metal sucks?" It doesn't matter to me what you like or don't like, but it's pretty ignorant to make such a large generalization about something you don't know jack shit about. Get a fucking clue. :roll:

[quote name='mykevermin']What in the world would be thrilling? Somea'them Peppermint Patty-haired motherfuckers singin' their drippy-eyeliner inspired "woe is me" contemporary wanker songs? More Fall Out Boy? Is that what you want?[/QUOTE]

Sig!

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']You know, "new button color design" doesn't automatically mean "old guitars not compatible." I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly watching the guitar while I'm playing. If it's still five buttons in a row, then who cares what color the plastic is?[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. All the buttons could be grey, as long as they're still left to right. I just want a guitar that doesn't trigger Star Power at it's own leisure, or cut off sustained notes of it's own free will. :bomb:

[quote name='jalu6']If that is in fact the original recording, Paint it Black must have cost them a fortune.

Sadly, its also why you won't find any original Zepplin on here, and don't even think about Metallica.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that . I think they might be trying to peer pressure the big guns into joining in .

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']They should have used Zero by Smashing Pumpkins...[/QUOTE]

They should've gotten any song off of Gish .

[quote name='prmononoke']I actually agree with you on this.

More metal is needed: Metallica, more Iron Maiden, and I know this is probably never going to happen, but how about some Dark Tranquillity and At the Gates? And Cradle of Filth. I would *kill* for some CoF.

Also, Faith No More. Those are the bands I would love to see on GH III.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think! I'd like to see some In Flames in there as well. "Blinded by Fear" by At the Gates would rule! Or how about "Angel of Death" by Slayer. Jesus, my hand hurts just thinking about it....

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']They should have used Zero by Smashing Pumpkins...[/quote]
They should have gotten most songs from gish, siamese dream and melon collie and the infinite sadness.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']They should have used Zero by Smashing Pumpkins...[/QUOTE]

Zero is overrated. It's a good song, but Cherub Rock is a MUCH better choice. It should be a blast to play.

[quote name='Richlough']They should've gotten any song off of Gish .[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck would they do that?

If I had my choice of Pumpkins songs for the game, I'd pick Quiet, with The Aeroplane Flies High coming in second. But Cherub Rock is a better-known song and is still a very good choice.

They sold me on this one with that one song.

fuck EVERYTHING ELSE

MUSE!
NO ones going to take me allliiiiiiiivvvvveeeeeeeee.
Time has come to make thingggsss rrrriiigghhhhtttttttt.
You and I must fight to survive.
dun nuh nuh na dun nuh nuh na nan nana na

Personally would have picked Stockholme Syndrome by them though, but hey it is their choice. Knights of Cydonia is so different from their normal music but it does have a cool western vibe going for it. If you haven't listened to Muse yet you do not know what you're missing out on. Matt, the guitarist, is unbelievably talented and they put on the best live show I have ever been too. They also got voted best live show by spin for a few years in a row now IIRC. First song to download by them is Hysteria, Time is running out, Stockholme Syndrome, you will be hooked I promise.

[quote name='jalu6']If that is in fact the original recording, Paint it Black must have cost them a fortune.

Sadly, its also why you won't find any original Zepplin on here, and don't even think about Metallica.[/QUOTE]

Enter Sandman would probably cost them more than what the the other two GHII games costed to make in their entiretly combined. I love Metallica and everything, but they're the greediest bastards you'll ever meet.

[quote name='jollydwarf']From the press release (courtesy Kotaku, at least for this post):

The exclusive Gibson guitars will include innovative features such as removable faceplates that will allow fans to later personalize their guitars and make it their own, and a new button color design that will be integrated for an even greater authentic feel and rock experience.

For me, that strongly implies that they've tweaked the core gameplay mechanic and control scheme just enough to mandate that you buy the new guitar if you want to play. I hate press releases, as corporatespeak always raises my blood pressure and gets the bile churning.

EDIT: jayeryh, please note it's "color design", not "color scheme". Kind of insidious wording, methinks. To me, it suggests that it's not just same buttons, cooler colors.[/QUOTE]

Well, D or no D, if I can't use the Guitar from the soon-to-be-mine GHII, then fuck activition. Speaking of whom, I'm almost certain that they'll pull an asshole menuver and has system-specific songs, or at least a system-specific speacial edition that with contain exclusive songs. Mark my words.

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']I like the way you think! I'd like to see some In Flames in there as well. "Blinded by Fear" by At the Gates would rule! Or how about "Angel of Death" by Slayer. Jesus, my hand hurts just thinking about it....[/QUOTE]

You rock.

Weezer and Tenacious D? Those two definitely are guitar heros. Actually the only thing that will make my life complete is if Jack Black and his fat friend fall off the planet Earth.

Other than that, me like. They definitely need to get the ball rolling on Zeppelin and Metallica though.

[quote name='lebowsky']For those of you that don't think Tenacious D is a good fit for GH, just listem to "The Metal" and you'll realize it will be kick ass to play.[/QUOTE]
The Metal isn't bad. Someone made a custom track for it on Guitar Hero II. Master Exploder would be so much better.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Enter Sandman would probably cost them more than what the the other two GHII games costed to make in their entiretly combined. I love Metallica and everything, but they're the greediest bastards you'll ever meet.[/QUOTE]

There's no disputing Metallica's greed, but from an outsider's perspective, the idea of "lotsa money in smaller increments" seems vastly better than "no money at all because Metallica is greedy." Right?

Of course, reality doesn't work that way; I recall some GHII developer interviews, where they would bristle at the inevitable "Metallica!" and "Led Zeppelin!" questions, because they obviously wanted to include them, but couldn't afford the licensing fees.

[quote name='javeryh']Cherub Rock is a perfect GH song. It's got great guitar all the way through.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing about Guitar Hero, and what the "perfect" Smashing Pumpkins song would be. They're more or less relegated to the "hit" songs, aren't they? In the case of Van Halen in GHII, they had to use a well-known song of theirs that was a cover (that pesky licensing again), but for the most part, we aren't going to see Danzig's "Her Black Wings" (much to my chagrin). When they were included, there was no doubt it would be "Mother." Can't the same be said for other bands?

That's why I insist upon L7, instead of "Rock n' Roll Motherfucker" by The Hookers. I'm just grounded in reality; that's all.

Why is everybody so up on Muse? I saw them opening for Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers a few years ago and they blew big time. Have they gotten better?

[quote name='mykevermin']That's the thing about Guitar Hero, and what the "perfect" Smashing Pumpkins song would be. They're more or less relegated to the "hit" songs, aren't they? In the case of Van Halen in GHII, they had to use a well-known song of theirs that was a cover (that pesky licensing again), but for the most part, we aren't going to see Danzig's "Her Black Wings" (much to my chagrin). When they were included, there was no doubt it would be "Mother." Can't the same be said for other bands?[/quote]

Exactly. I don't mind getting the "hits" for a GH game because it's actually what I would expect and what would appeal to the broadest audience to sell more copies so we eventually get GH4, GH5, etc. Of course the elitist SP fan in me could name 50 songs I like better by them but none of them would be as well suited to the game as "Cherub Rock" will be. It's a great pick out of the 20 or so SP "hit" songs. Maybe one day we will get an iTunes-like service on the marketplace where any song you buy is instantly playable in GH so I could play "La Dolly Vita" or "Bury Me" but for now I'm quite content with "Cherub Rock."

http://www.destructoid.com/crisis-a...ro-won-t-require-a-new-peripheral-31753.phtml

"We contacted Red Octane for clarification, and fortunately for them (money for a hit was seconds away from changing hands), they were able to ease our minds.

"The new color button design will definitely not affect the actual game play," Red Octane's Brian Lam told Destructoid. "Rather it is merely for a more authentic rock look and feel, and the SG and X-Plorer guitars will still work with their specific platform for the next Guitar Hero title."

Phew.

I'm thinking about making one unified "New Guitar Hero Games" thread. Should I? It would make keeping up to date easier.

[quote name='evanft']I'm thinking about making one unified "New Guitar Hero Games" thread. Should I? It would make keeping up to date easier.[/quote]

You mean like this one?

bread's done
Back