Guitar Hero in stock at Best Buy YMMV

There was a huge stack of these today at BB in Avon. Maybe they will discount it if they can't sell the 50+ they had on the floor.

[quote name='Indiana']There was a huge stack of these today at BB in Avon. Maybe they will discount it if they can't sell the 50+ they had on the floor.[/QUOTE]

I saw these at the BB in Castleton as well, but they only had 3 left. At the rate they are selling, I doubt the ones in Avon will last. They had at least 50 copies the week of Christmas and sold out before I could go back and grab one.

Finally bought this today at Target in Avon, they had one left at $59.95. I'm going to go cancel my mtv.com order now. It cost me a few extra bucks because of tax, but at least I have it.

[quote name='Indiana']There was a huge stack of these today at BB in Avon. Maybe they will discount it if they can't sell the 50+ they had on the floor.[/QUOTE]

I bought GH for my kids as a XMas present about a month before XMas from my local EB. My neighbor's kid wanted one, and has been looking since XMas with no luck. Saturday he managed to finally get one from the local BB and he said they had a huge pile of them. I went by there tonight after work to look for cheap games and noticed 3 GH bundles. I asked one of the employees where the rest of them were since I heard they had a huge shipment. They all sold and the 3 there were what was left from the Saturday shipment.

In short, if you are at all interested in GH, just buy it. I can tell you from experience that it is well worth the money. My kids have already unlocked all of the songs. I'm not sure how many, but I'd guess about 50. Single player is fun and multiplayer is even better. Best gaming peripheral I've ever purchased. Looking forward to the next software release.

Wow, are these really that hard to find? Every Best Buy I go to seems to have a solid stack of them just waiting to be bought. Do you think this is a permanent "shortage"? Or just temporary, similar to AC:WW at the moment?

I'm just glad they are selling well. It's an amazing game, and it is good that it is getting the recognition and sales it deserves (unlike Beyond Good and Evil, which sold...well, it didn't sell.)

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm just glad they are selling well. It's an amazing game, and it is good that it is getting the recognition and sales it deserves (unlike Beyond Good and Evil, which sold...well, it didn't sell.)[/QUOTE]

To be fair, BG&E did sell well once it dropped to $10 after a few months. But after playing it, I felt guilty only paying $10 for that excellent game after paying $40 and $50 for some that weren't nearly as good.

For those looking for it in the D/FW area I posted over on the Target Guitar Hero thread where the bundle can be found for $59.99 at which Targets within 100 miles of the Dallas area.

TexTuna

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm just glad they are selling well. It's an amazing game, and it is good that it is getting the recognition and sales it deserves (unlike Beyond Good and Evil, which sold...well, it didn't sell.)[/QUOTE]

Actualy B& E sold better in the long run, like prince of persia 1. Many stores tried to clearence them out but then they restocked them when sales began to pick up. Most stores are now clearencing them again to make way for the new gen, not because of such horrible sales.

Anyways, again, does the Best Buy Coupon work with this game?

[quote name='abhinav']This works with the coupon right? The $10 off $30 one...[/QUOTE]

I was cursing at myself when I was stuck in rush hour traffic when I realized that I left the $10 off video game coupon at home, but I had my $10 off $29.99 and up accessories and that coupon worked like a charm.

[quote name='menikmati']I was cursing at myself when I was stuck in rush hour traffic when I realized that I left the $10 off video game coupon at home, but I had my $10 off $29.99 and up accessories and that coupon worked like a charm.[/QUOTE]

Found a bunch of the XBOX 360 DVD demo discs w/ coupon at my local Best Buy, so I took the plunge and bought the set. The checkout guy even gave my coupon back, so it was $63.xx with tax, and I now have a few coupons I can use to get other stuff. Nice posts, I appreciate the heads up.

Take the accessory coupon and the game coupon with you. Some people have been reporting the game coupon doesn't work because the cashier says it's ringing up as an accessory. If that happens, give them the accessory coupon. If they say it's a game, give them the game coupon. Like the Boy Scouts say, be prepared.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Anyone knows where to buy another guitar controller? GH is awesome but I'd love to get another controller to play with my fiancee.[/QUOTE]

you can get them on Red Octane's website. $39.99 for the black/white SG controller and $49.99 I believe for the new cherry red/black SG controller.

http://redoctane.com/store.html

Who would actually be dumb enough to purchase just the guitar for 49.99 when you can get the whole package for 59.99 after the 360 Launch Coupon. Anyways, my local BB has 10 copies of the game in stock and I am probably going to break down and buy one tomorrow.

[quote name='neudog']Who would actually be dumb enough to purchase just the guitar for 49.99 when you can get the whole package for 59.99 after the 360 Launch Coupon. Anyways, my local BB has 10 copies of the game in stock and I am probably going to break down and buy one tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except that the cherry red guitar has sold for around $70-ish + shipping a few times lately on eBay. Pretty crazy.

I bought one today with $10 off $29.99 game or greater coupon.

I think the Best Buy (Outer Loop, Louisville, KY) had about a dozen left.

I hope Red Octane has enough brains to pump out expansion packs. They've stumbled upon a gold mine.

Yah, the game wasn't much of a leap, it's not much different than DDR or Donkey Konga...colored dots on the screen and you hit a button when the dot crosses the line.

You could take the idea a little further and do a piano game (although it was technically done way back on the NES) and color code the keys but actually set it up to teach you to play the piano.

I wonder if Para Para Paradise will ever make it to the US.

What makes Guitar Hero stand apart are the songs that are included in the game, how the buttons pressed tie directly into the music, and how much media attention the game is getting. They are essentially Americanizing what Konami has done in Japan.

the bundle shouldve never been over 50 the game itself is worth 20 bucks and the guitar 30 at most.

from bongos to dancepads these games are always overpriced in the begining then drop to almost nothing .

[quote name='Rictor'] You could take the idea a little further and do a piano game (although it was technically done way back on the NES) and color code the keys but actually set it up to teach you to play the piano.

I wonder if Para Para Paradise will ever make it to the US.[/QUOTE]

Man, a piano game would be really cool (as I actually play piano). The hardest part might be finding good songs for it though. Classical music can only go so far, and while I love playing Jazz, the swing could throw off many players. It'd be REALLY hard to find modern songs with good piano pieces that are recognizable.

Now, Para Para, that would be amazing! I have been wanting to play that game ever since I saw some online videos of people playing it. C'mon game developers, we want more music games!

I picked this up last night, had to use the accessory coupon as earlier post advised (glad I read here to bring both coups). There are 6 BBs in my state, yesterday they all had stock, and this morning I checked the website and three of the 6 are now OOS.

Great game, played through the whole thing on easy last night. Gameplay is fantastic, but the whole thing seems short and it's pretty dang hard on just medium. My hands hurt. I just wish there were more licensed material, would love more from
Clapton, Hendrix and Jimmy Page. Here's hoping this gets really popular so they can afford the fees to make such expansion packs.

[quote name='Rictor']
You could take the idea a little further and do a piano game (although it was technically done way back on the NES) and color code the keys but actually set it up to teach you to play the piano.
[/QUOTE]
It's already been done in Japan, just like the guitar game was created there years ago. KeyboardMania.

bread's done
Back