Guitar Hero Les Paul "Sex Pistols" Face plate $0.01 at Best Buy YMMV

Picked mine up. Still had about 10 on the front table when you walk in.

I asked if I could exchange it for a different one, but they wouldnt let me :cry:

Picked mine up today for the penny. Definitely not my favorite face plate in the store, but for this price I'm not complaining.

[quote name='LanceJr']Hardly a deal and NOT YMMV, just no one bothered to make a thread.

Both in store, and on last weeks flyer, they advertise a Sex Pistols faceplate with purchase of the game for any format. They also advertise other plates from Foo Fighters, Alice Cooper, RATM, and others for $9.99.
I agree, the art sucks ass on the Pistols one, so picked up the KISS plate. It's freakin sweet looking. 70's 'Destroyer' tour art looks to it.[/QUOTE]

Uh , it's Love Gun .

I went to bestbuy tonight looking for an HDTV to buy and then I saw the sex pistols face plate. It didnt have a price so I took it to the guy and hes scanned it--- $0.01. He was like WTF??? So he tried manually entering the bar code as if it were gonna change the price. LOL some people.......

Thanks OP!!

I just about cleaned em' out. six whole cents my friends. Custom faceplates here I come. Gonna start with The Clash! woot!

Thanks again OP!

PM'ed you mykervermin

I'd put it on my credit card, but I don't want to get hit with the interest if I can't pay it back quick enough.

I was able to pick one up. I always hate it when they ask me if i have a reward zone card or credit card. This time, since the total was only a penny, they didnt ask. To spite them i still pulled out the RZ card and had em scan it in. The look i got was PRICELESS.

The Best Buy in Frisco, TX have 13 left as of 6:30pm. I went by and picked up two more in addition to the one I ordered online a couple of days ago.

[quote name='kipz']Those of you that were able to find them in store, where were they?[/QUOTE]
With the rest of the Guitar Hero 3 stuff on a table.

The Moreno Valley East (off Nason St.) Best Buy had about 10 left, if anyone is looking.

Got one...even though had to fight for it....

"you only get these with the purchase of GH..."

"I understand this, but..." "can you just scan it for kicks?"

Win.

Hate how employees always try to stop me from getting a good legit deal. fucking powertrips...act like im breaking the law or there going to get fired.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Just got back from another BB and they had a ton, picked up 2 more. If you are still looking for it, give me a pm[/quote]

PM'd you ZerotypeX.

EDIT - Don't worry, got one from someone else.

Are all of the bands faceplates .01 in store or just the Sex Pistols one? There was like 6 or 7 different ones right? I want the Korn one.

[quote name='cag1000']Are all of the bands faceplates .01 in store or just the Sex Pistols one? There was like 6 or 7 different ones right? I want the Korn one.[/quote]

Sex Pistols only. I keep hoping that the KISS plate drops.

[quote name='kipz']Those of you that were able to find them in store, where were they?[/quote]

I found them still in the boxes under some table. They weren't located where all the GH3 stuff was, so I asked someone to check. The employee said there were 16 more somewhere and found the stash under the table.

At the BB I visited, the security guy up front had all the Sex Pistols faceplates and said they weren't for sale unless you buy the game. I have a feeling some donkey came in there and tried to buy the whole friggin stack and probably got noticed by management. This same store was cleaned out of penny guides on day one of that drop too. Either this store has management thats on the ball or somebody out there is picking this store clean.

[quote name='Bezerker']I was able to pick one up. I always hate it when they ask me if i have a reward zone card or credit card. This time, since the total was only a penny, they didnt ask. To spite them i still pulled out the RZ card and had em scan it in. The look i got was PRICELESS.[/quote]

That made my day. Gold star for you sir! :applause:

The best buy in Southfield MI had a few left. I picked up 1. The guy at the checkout couldn't believe that they were selling something for 1cent.:applause:

I would like one but wouldn't like to pay more than shipping plus 2-3 dollars. Anyone willing to go that cheap?

It costs me ~$3 to ship a video game via USPS First Class with DC. I highly doubt anyone will go that low, considering the size and box you'd have to ship it in.

[quote name='sasukekun']It costs me ~$3 to ship a video game via USPS First Class with DC. I highly doubt anyone will go that low, considering the size and box you'd have to ship it in.[/QUOTE]
He meant he'll pay cost of shipping plus extra $2-3 for someones time and effort.

Ya, my bad. I have a couple extra, and I'm trying to figure out how to ship this item. Was thinking of just putting it in a brown paper bag (like the ones you get from the super market) with a cardboard insert so it wont get crushed.

Scored the last one at the BB in Brookfield, WI. Also, last I saw the Delafield store had a couple in if anyone around here is still looking

[quote name='soccerstud652']If anyone needs one, I have extra. They are great for putting your own stickers on.[/QUOTE]

Where can one find these stickers? Record stores?

If anyone knows where Crystal Lake, IL is, there is about 25 there with a sign that says 1c. The pricks that sold em to me only gave me one.

[quote name='shieryda']Where can one find these stickers? Record stores?[/quote]

Anywhere really. Promoters usually give them out before albums. Skate shops have plenty. Even clothes, like Quicksilver, usually come with some. I have a whole bag full and have been waiting for this exact thing to happen. And the yellow backround is pretty nice aganst the black of the guitar. Just have to cover up the ugly purple or pink.

was going to pick up a few at my BB since i saw them,
but the lady who rung me up pissed me off that i couldn't use a coupon (for CoD4 PC, not the faceplates :p), so i just left the store

i don't even have/care about the GH series, but for $.01 i'll take it if i see it lol

might go back and check to see if they have them still

bread's done
Back