Guitar Hero Marathon for Charity!!!

stinkdog2006

CAGiversary!
Edit: So I finnaly got a Charity! http://guitarmageddon.chipin.com/childs-play We will be donating to Childs Play. Please donate any amount.

So, there have been quite alot of marathon runs lately, and I would like to be apart of it. Me and my friend are going to have our own marathon run! Our marathon run is quite different then everyone else's. So far it was two Rock Band runs and coming up soon is a custom run. Well, the first run (Endlesser Serlist?) had 230 songs with 8 people. The second run (Drum Day from Hell) had 235 songs with 1 person. The custom GH run will be about ~200 songs. Well me and my friend are going to do a GH marathon run. We will play Guitar Hero 1, Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero: Rock's the 80's, Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, and Rock Band! That's right, 6 games! We will play all of them. This is going to be 323 songs, and will be play with single player and coop. There will only be 2 people playing. Unfortunatley, we only have 1 guitar for the PS2, so, Guitar Hero 1 and 80's will only be played in single player.

Guitar Hero 1: There is no coop, so we will take turns with the songs. There will not be Trippolette and Graveyard Shift

Guitar Hero 2: We will play this on the Xbox 360. No DLC

Guitar Hero Rock's the 80's: All 30 songs will be played in single player

Guitar Hero 3: We will play this on the Xbox 360. The only DLC will be the Boss Battle tracks.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith: We will play this on the Xbox 360. All songs on Coop

Rock Band: We will play this on the Xbox 360. All songs will be played. No DLC.

So, thats how we will play it. We will have small breaks. I tried to estimate how long this will be, and I came out with 24hrs and 22min not including breaks or navigating through the menu.

We are going to do this on Sunday August 10th to the 11 and it will start at 8AM PST. Also it will be stream at http://www.stickam.com/stinkdog2008 I am streaming on stickam because Ustream is lagging wayyyy to much. Sorry if this bothers people, but thats just the way it is.

Feel free to post, ask questions, or PM me anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone wants there 10minutes of Internet Fame... Thats whats causing all these stupid Marathons... I do wish you good luck though, thats a lot of Guitar Hero, i will probably tune in and watch for a little bit at some point... Is there any song that you think you could fail?

[quote name='Chacrana']You're totally going to lose interest by the time you hit Rocks the 80's.[/quote]
WHY ARE YOU SUCH A DOWNER?!?

it's funny though
i can play the last two sets in GH3 for hours

I was dickin' around with GH3 a couple days ago and while I still don't like the song list, My Name is Jonas is pretty fun to play on expert. The ZZ Top song is ghangsta, too.

[quote name='REL1203']Is there any song that you think you could fail?[/quote]

No, there aren't any songs we will fail. We both have 5 stared every song in the guitar hero franchise.

[quote name='Chacrana']You're totally going to lose interest by the time you hit Rocks the 80's.[/quote]

Uhhhh, no were not. We can play guitar hero for a long time. Watch and you'll see.

[quote name='stinkdog2006']No, there aren't any songs we will fail. We both have 5 stared every song in the guitar hero franchise.[/quote]

I gotta give you mad props if you can five star Raining Blood on expert. I can't even beat that damn song.

[quote name='rockytrh']I gotta give you mad props if you can five star Raining Blood on expert. I can't even beat that damn song.[/quote]

Raining Blood is one of my better songs that I 5 star. :whistle2:|

[quote name='stinkdog2006']
Uhhhh, no were not. We can play guitar hero for a long time. Watch and you'll see.[/QUOTE]

Ha. Your ploy has failed.

bread's done
Back