Guitar Hero:Metallica

Hopefully this will be compatible with all instruments for GH 4, may help convince me to buy a set if I can find one cheap

Two things that are coasting by on name recognition and desperately trying to find a foothold after a recent failure...sounds like a match made in heaven.

[quote name='Sporadic']Two things that are coasting by on name recognition and desperately trying to find a foothold after a recent failure...sounds like a match made in heaven.[/quote]

lol. And couldn't they have picked bands that are more universally likable for these games? Aerosmith is OK, but I really don't like Metallica at all. And, I know it's not just me that thinks that.

The Eagles, Queen, Journey, REO, Tom Petty, or Van Halen all would've been much better choices. Of course, that's my opinion. Those bands are probably too "Old" for the crowd they're targeting though.

[quote name='reiji']lol. And couldn't they have picked bands that are more universally likable for these games? Aerosmith is OK, but I really don't like Metallica at all. And, I know it's not just me that thinks that.

The Eagles, Queen, Journey, REO, Tom Petty, or Van Halen all would've been much better choices. Of course, that's my opinion. Those bands are probably too "Old" for the crowd they're targeting though.[/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero: Van Halen sounds like no-brainer. I would love to see this game in the near future (ass-less chaps are optional).

Saying Metallica is not universally likable, more so saying they are less popular than REO SPEEDWAGON AND THE EAGLES is one of the most asinine things Ive ever heard.

Look up the sales to The Black Album and ...And Justice For All then tell me they aren't universally liked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be great if they stuck with the 80s material, but you know they just gotta put that Black album drek in there.

I would much much much rather have them in Rock Band though.

[quote name='reiji']lol. And couldn't they have picked bands that are more universally likable for these games? Aerosmith is OK, but I really don't like Metallica at all. And, I know it's not just me that thinks that.

The Eagles, Queen, Journey, REO, Tom Petty, or Van Halen all would've been much better choices. Of course, that's my opinion. Those bands are probably too "Old" for the crowd they're targeting though.[/quote]

Metallica is an incredibly popular band, one of the best selling ever. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the band isn't well-liked.

They just need a metal edition of Guitar Hero though (or a few metal song packs for Rock band). If the game is just pure Metallica then I would think it would be hard throughout the whole entire game.

lol the game is going to be impossible, if they do it chronologically you'd have to be one of those youtube FC 100%!!!!!!OMGZ whores to get past the first set list.

And they need to stop thinking that the new shit that American bands try to pass off as metal will be appropriate for a metal pack.

If I see any more bullshit on those lists, I'll freak.

Van Halen would also be excellent, but the big one for me would be Guitar Hero Guns and Roses.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Saying Metallica is not universally likable, more so saying they are less popular than REO SPEEDWAGON AND THE EAGLES is one of the most asinine things Ive ever heard.

Look up the sales to The Black Album and ...And Justice For All then tell me they aren't universally liked.[/quote]

I'm not saying they sold more records, I'm saying their music is more appealing to the masses. As far as I'm concerned (and I could be wrong), songs like "Ridin' the Storm Out" or "Hotel California" have more recognition and are considered classics that everybody knows. Comparing that to "One" or even "Enter Sandman", Metallica doesn't really have the same appeal.

If you wanna talk sales though, some quick research shows that The Eagles' "Greatest Hits 71-75" is the best selling album ever. I'm not discounting Metallica. I'm just saying there's better choices.

Like I said before though, that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uberpwner93']If this game does not deliver anything from Kill Em' All or Master of Puppets, it will be a horrible game.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how likely it is that Kill 'Em All splits still exist?

Somehow I picture some dude at Megaforce back in the day erasing the tape to put the next band on there. :cry:

I agree with the people saying it won't be for everybody, but neither will Aerosmith. When they do a single band game, the people who are not into that band won't buy it. By that same token, i wouldn't buy GH: The Eagles, or REO Speedwagon. Not that they are not good bands, but if I am going to be playing GH, i want to be playing kick ass guitar. Metallica has kick ass guitar, any way you cut it.

About the kill em all splits, i think you might have a point with the masters not being available .... That would sadden me, however, i would assume that metallica would probably re-record tracks from kill em all like the sex pistols on GH3.

I'm not like a HUGE Metallica fan, but I do like them and I think this is a great idea for a game. I'd even go as far as to say that, for a certain sector of people, this game will be a system seller. I could picture a lot of Metallica fans, who are just borderline videogame fans, buying a console over this.

I don't think I want to support any version of Guitar Hero that focuses on one band only (unless it's Pearl Jam). A Van Halen edition would be borderline because they are more universally liked I think. There's no way I could ever get the wife to play Guitar Hero: Metallica with me because she can't stand "that pansy-ass douche" Lars. I kind of agree...

I can't wait for this game. I've yet to buy any of the guitar hero games but this is one i'm definitely going to buy. I'm a big Metallica fan, both their old stuff and new stuff. I'm sure the game will cover plenty of songs from throughout their career, both old and new. I'm hopeful that the tracks from other bands (assuming the game will be like GH Aerosmith) will be good, too, since bands that have toured with/influenced by Metallica are generally bands I like.

I would definitely buy this if they didnt include anything Metallica from the 21st century.

bread's done
Back