Guitar Hero SG Guitar (Black) $34 shipped at Amazon

[quote name='Negronometry']Out of curiousity, is that just the controller itself with no game?[/quote]

Right.

i know everyone loves this game - but i just can't imagine doing this at home... especially when womenfolk are around.

i guess i can imagine doing this with no pants on in my room...

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i know everyone loves this game - but i just can't imagine doing this at home... especially when womenfolk are around.

i guess i can imagine doing this with no pants on in my room...[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend really likes to play the game herself actually...

I think its one of the few games you can get someone who doesnt necassarily play games to play.

Nice. My brother just broke the whammy bar on the one that came with the game on his version so I was looking for a deal on this. Thanks D.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i know everyone loves this game - but i just can't imagine doing this at home... especially when womenfolk are around.

Seriously, this is THE game to use to get ladies to like games. My girlfriend got addicted to it and she rarely plays games, and when she does it is the Sims, and that's pretty much it. She told me she understood why I play it so much when she played it the first time.

[quote name='espy605']What're the chances of GameStop having this used for like $20?[/quote]

I think theres a better chance of you becoming president and winning the lottery all in one day...

When I was buying a used donkey conga controller at gamestop there were two employees. One said: I didn't even know we bought these used. The other said yes, but it is rare that anybody sells one.

Then he went on to say that it was odd that they can buy those used but they are NOT allowed to buy the guitar hero guitars used. So you may not be able to find these in a gamestop used...but this is all based on a conversation I overheard, not exactly the most credible information perhaps.

Thanks. I've been wanting to try the multiplayer and my whammy bar is shot anyhow. I certainly play it often enough to warrant this purchase.

This is what I got during checkout:

Why didn't I qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping?
Your Amazon.com items:
Shipping to: Not Eligible:Your eligible Amazon.com items shipping to this address total less than $25. Please note that some items are not eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping. These include toys, video games and accessories, baby items, Target items, and certain heavy or oversize items that incur a shipping surcharge.

You must have had something in your cart that didn't qualify for free shipping.
I just checked and it worked

[quote name='CheapyD']You must have had something in your cart that didn't qualify for free shipping.
I just checked and it worked[/quote]
Hmm, that's strange. I know I didn't have anything else in my cart, but it might have had something to do with me living out of country.

Oh well, $4 shipping still isn't too bad. Thanks for the deal, Cheapy.

I think theres a better chance of you becoming president and winning the lottery all in one day...
Damn, I'm going to be living the high life!

I asked because I thought I recalled a post from a few months ago about used guitars at GS for $20.
Hmm, that's strange. I know I didn't have anything else in my cart, but it might have had something to do with me living out of country.

Oh well, $4 shipping still isn't too bad. Thanks for the deal, Cheapy.

The fine print states that overseas orders do not qualify for super saver shipping. I only know this because I try to order DVDs from the UK Amazon.

Awesome, I've been looking for a deal on a new controller. I had mine sitting on my TV which happens to be right nect to my computer chair. I was checking my e-mail one day when I turned slightly, snagged the cord in my chair, and had my guitar come crashing down onto my head. Damn that stung, and when I tried it out to make sure everything was still in working order it was completely dead. I haven't been able to rock out for the last 3 weeks. Thanks CheapyD

i guess i can imagine doing this with no pants on in my room...[/quote]

Every time we walk into Fry's and see people playing GH, my wife begs me to get it. She really likes games like DDR, Frequency, Donkey Konga, and (believe it or not) Beatmania.

Assuming you are single - I think the womenfolk would get all hot and bothered if they walked in to see you rocking out to 'ironman' ;).

The fact that they are putting a Butthole Surfers song in GH II will make me buy it. Rock out to 'Who was in my Room Last Night'? I'm so fucking there.

FYI at work today we got an email saying that some of these Controllers had mildew on the strap part. The email said we had to open the boxes to check and see if they had any. Both controllers had mildew on them so we defected them out.

Just lookout for that.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']FYI at work today we got an email saying that some of these Controllers had mildew on the strap part. The email said we had to open the boxes to check and see if they had any. Both controllers had mildew on them so we defected them out.

Just lookout for that.[/quote]

It would be helpful if you told us where you work.

Also...what happened to the red guitar? Is that no longer in production because i didn't see it at Redoctane's website :(

i guess i can imagine doing this with no pants on in my room...[/quote]

When you're playing Judas Priest or Black Sabbath, it doesn't really matter what other people think.

The cherry guitar or the "red" guitar as you call it was made for a very limited time and was only sold through their web site. It of course sold out very quickly. I got three of them so I could get free shipping. and it paid off I sold one last month for 170.00, they are highly collectible. I have one more sealed but I am waiting for them to go higher when gh2 comes out.

Out of all my games (including Brain Age), this is the first game my g/f has actually picked up and played on her own, without me asking. Guitar Hero is definitely the game to get for guys who: 1) have a g/f who they'd like to play games with, but haven't been able to find a way yet; and 2) who want a cool way to get to know chicks. Seriously, this thing has beena huge hit at any parties we've had, and my friend at law school said the same thing.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']The cherry guitar or the "red" guitar as you call it was made for a very limited time and was only sold through their web site. It of course sold out very quickly. I got three of them so I could get free shipping. and it paid off I sold one last month for 170.00, they are highly collectible. I have one more sealed but I am waiting for them to go higher when gh2 comes out.[/QUOTE]

And then RO mass produces them and they're worth jack squat :razz:

Pay close attention to these when you get them. Many stand alone guitars were recalled after having discovered mold on the neckstrap (and I have seen this first hand)

Did anyone that got theirs from Amazon have mold on their strap? If you do get one with mold, is it cleanable?

bread's done
Back