Guitar Hero Smash Hits (360) $15.95 at Amazon

If you could export all the songs for GH5 then this would be a good deal but since only like half of them can be, then this will have to hit the 9.99 tag for me to pick it up.

Thought it was worth $18. Haven't really gotten a chance to play it much, guitar controller's pretty borked right now.

Maybe it was the nostalgia factor for me, first song I ever played was Mother on GH2, don't really get to see much if any of Danzig's work on any rhythm game aside from the Astro Zombies DLC for GH5. Icing on top for me was master tracks of various GH1/2/Encore: Rock the 80's songs.

Perhaps it's just the fact that I don't find it to be a giant deal of having to pop the game into play songs that don't export that makes me feel it's worth $18. Haven't gotten the feeling of regret that I did with buying the RB: Country Track Pack yet.

Also snagged it for a fiver at BB last month. Any more than that and I would have felt ripped off.

[quote name='strayl1ght']bad deal

bad game

bad.[/QUOTE]

Bad post.

I think this one has a good selection of songs, and is a lot of fun. Worth more than 20 bucks, in my opinion.

[quote name='gibbyva']If you could export all the songs for GH5 then this would be a good deal but since only like half of them can be, then this will have to hit the 9.99 tag for me to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Well it could recently have been had for $10, and some got it for $5 with the RZ coupons. It was a YMMV due to sale price issues with the coupon(s), but I had no such issues.

Will I be able to buy this brand new at a lower price later, or should I jump on this? I'd like to buy it new so I can use the export code printed on the manual..or does it matter if someone else already used it? So many questions..

[quote name='heyheyhey11']This game is totally worth the money cuz you cAn play Poison's - nothing but good time[/QUOTE]

Well, it's pretty much impossible to argue against that, isn't it?

On second thought, I take back what I said earlier about it not being worth any more than $5. Whatever they're asking for this thing, pay it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mizzou75']i bought the code from someone here for like $5 or $6. That's all i needed.[/quote]

+1.

Then again, I could pick this up for $16, sell the code that comes in it, on ebay, play the game for achievements and sell it off to gamestop.
hmmm. Maybe not.

Achievements are a bitch for this game. Minimum five playthroughs to get them all, and there's a hundred-pointer for finishing all four careers. On Expert. Right.

The Xbox360 Achievements site gave it a 9.5 out of 10 on the difficulty factor. I'm currently sitting at 150/1000, and am good for maybe 150 more but that's only if I can bring myself to go through the careers on both drums and vocals. Probably not gonna happen any time soon, if ever.

Horrible game.
Great setlist
Horrible charts
Horrible "effort"

$5 would be worth it. I paid using a BB Gift card and $5 coupon (making it ~15) and felt horribly ripped off. At $5 its worth it to play Mother and ....Freebird I guess.

They should have did what Rockband did and just allow people to download the older songs to their HD for a small fee. I can't justify buying this when i own 2, 3 and WT already.

bread's done
Back