Guitar Hero Smash Hits (PS3/360/Wii) $45 (PS2) $33 at Amazon

nice post. may grab this soon.
151l1259.jpg

Don't think I'm interested in paying more than $20 for a guitar hero game ever again. With GH5 and Van Halen coming out soon, this and Metallica will be cheap soon. Guitar Hero has become like Madden except worse, there's not much change year to year and they're releasing multiple games every year.

It's a nice deal, but wait a bit longer for this to hit only $30. It's good, but if you have already played the originals, you're going to be tired of playing the classic GH songs, even with master tracks and full band play. By the end of this year there will be so many options that getting new songs won't ever be a problem again.

[quote name='M3wThr33']No one yet pointed out that these songs export into GH5?

GHWT and GHSH both export songs into GH5.[/QUOTE]

If it's any more than $5 per disc, Activision can kiss my CHEAP ASS.

[quote name='M3wThr33']No one yet pointed out that these songs export into GH5?

GHWT and GHSH both export songs into GH5.[/QUOTE]

Yes but all reports so far have said that "some" songs will be available to import. I don't think that vague bit of information is enough for me to justify the purchase of this game though.

anybody planning on picking it up at BB today for $40?
I might. I think I'll pick it up, but NOT open it until I've heard how many songs will be transferrable to GH5. If it's under 80%, I'll just return it.

This looks pretty fun, and I wouldn't mind giving this a try. It wouldn't hurt if the price went down a bit more, though.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Yes but all reports so far have said that "some" songs will be available to import. I don't think that vague bit of information is enough for me to justify the purchase of this game though.[/QUOTE]

Everything but Warner music.

No one bitches that Harmonix is releasing a total of 3 track packs this year. (Classic, Country and Metal) alongside Lego and the Beatles.

Those track packs have less than half the same songs for half the price, so it scales the same.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Everything but Warner music.

No one bitches that Harmonix is releasing a total of 3 track packs this year. (Classic, Country and Metal) alongside Lego and the Beatles.

Those track packs have less than half the same songs for half the price, so it scales the same.[/QUOTE]

Main difference is that those track packs are just bundled versions of DLC that's already available online. The only incentive to buying those track packs at the moment is the inclusion of temporary exclusive new tracks available on them. Harmonix has said even those songs will be DLC at a later date.

^ Yeah! How dare they release track packs that will later be available as DLC? Those bastards!

[quote name='MasterSun1']Activision needs to stop whoring Guitar Hero out. Why can't they just give us a DLC code like Harmonix does?[/QUOTE]

So does that mean you haven't preordered Guitar Hero 6, Guitar Hero 7 and Guitar Hero 8?

I'm done with Guitar Hero. Their games also feel like someone who doesn't know anything about music charted the buttons. Of course, there's nothing better than having to strum when there's no note for you to play.

I guess making Guitar Hero and Call of Duty annual games is Activision's answer to sports games.

bread's done
Back