Guitar Hero with Guitar Controller $39.99 + shipping at Outpost (10/13-10/19 only)

Question about Guitar Hero:
If someone is a left-handed guitarist, can they play the guitar controller left-handed if they flip it over? How does that work?

[quote name='6669']Question about Guitar Hero:
If someone is a left-handed guitarist, can they play the guitar controller left-handed if they flip it over? How does that work?[/QUOTE]
In the options mode you can select left or right handed.

and this deal pisses me off so bad. I just bought it for 70 :(

Thanks OP!

I've been waiting for some kind of deal on this...it's getting to be an expensive week....

[quote name='projecteightysix']In the options mode you can select left or right handed.

and this deal pisses me off so bad. I just bought it for 70 :([/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanx. I wanna get it for my b/f for Xmas, but he's a left-handed guitarist. I guess now I can.

[quote name='assegai']Is this deal for a new one, or a used one?[/quote]

Looks new. Fry's doesn't sell used stuff AFAIK. It doesn't say refurb either.

they added [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Limit 3 per Household.[/FONT] now, i guess the FWers were buying bulks of them.

[quote name='shiningslade']Meh, I'm waiting for GH II to come out, then the first one will drop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. To like, $39.99.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]"We're sorry, but there has been an error generated from our server. Please click here to return to shopping at Outpost.

If you were in the process of checking out, we suggest that you call our Customer Service (8:00am - midnight, 7 days per week) to determine the status of your order. Depending on where you were in the process, it may have been entered into our system."
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Bah, site is getting hit hard.

I'd jump on this but since the new generation is here, I'd rather spend X amount of dollars on a 360, Wii, or PS3 version.

[quote name='Rictor'][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]"We're sorry, but there has been an error generated from our server. Please click here to return to shopping at Outpost.

If you were in the process of checking out, we suggest that you call our Customer Service (8:00am - midnight, 7 days per week) to determine the status of your order. Depending on where you were in the process, it may have been entered into our system."
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Bah, site is getting hit hard.[/QUOTE]

Yea, same thing.

I will jump on the deal if I can just get the site to add it to my cart.

What are the chances of getting something like Circuit City to PM this? I'm going to assume 0.

I'm just glad there is finally a decent deal that dosen't involve preordering systems bullshit. Good find OP!

This is an awesome price, even with the new one coming out. I bought this 2 months ago for $60 and thought it was well worth it. Now to find a deal on GH II, I want another guitar for 2 player but I don't want to spend $80 to get it.

[quote name='Clearly Diluted']Hmm...when I add it to the cart it shows up at the price of 69.99.[/QUOTE]

Does the same for me too. Man, I have had nothing but bad experiences with Outpost. This is typical.

[quote name='brodiemash']Is there no discounted shipping codes for this site? $10 is a bit much. What can I say, I'm a cheap ass![/QUOTE]

I don't think there is... unfortunately shipping comes out to be $9 for me, which is also a bit much.

I'll have to mull it over but I'll probably pull the trigger.

Shipping is a better deal when you buy 2. I'm grabbing one for my dad and one for my brother for Christmas...probably the cheapest it will be before Xmas.

I just called and checked the price and it is $39.99 too bad shipping is so high $8.25 ground. Still, its cheaper than in store prices. Also If anyone is interested the Wireless V Guitar Controller is also $29.99 right now at Frys.com and I called and checked that price as well.

I got 2 and the shipping was only $7.70 total but they nailed me for $5.26 tax. Still, less than $50 each after shipping+tax and they are $70+tax in-store. I'd rather grab them now at this price rather than not be able to find them at Christmas.

Thanks, OP! I've been waiting for a chance to get it for a sub $50 price point and this is it. Now I just have to survive annoying my wife with the game.

I called to get this since their site is having problems.

Thank you for your Order Number .

Your complete order is listed below. If you have any questions
regarding your order, please call us at 1-(877)688-7678 or e-mail
[email protected]. Please use your Order Number for all
inquiries.

Thank you for shopping at Frys.com

Sincerely,

Frys.com
Customer Service Team
Toll Free in the U.S.: 1-(877)688-7678
International Direct: (408) 350-1484
Fax: (408) 487-4700
E-mail: [email protected]

Page 1
Order Number:
Ship To:

1 4645998 PS2 GUITAR HERO W/ GUITA

Total $: 39.99

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Order Recap:
Total Product $: 39.99
Net Product$: 39.99
Shipping & Handling: 7.74
Sales Tax: 0.00
Grand Total: 47.73

[quote name='Erikph2']Also If anyone is interested the Wireless V Guitar Controller is also $29.99 right now at Frys.com and I called and checked that price as well.[/quote]
[quote name='halomaster']They also have a hot deal on the Wireless V Guitar for the PS2 $29.99
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4921701[/quote]
Just an FYI about these wireless V controllers. A demo for Guitar Hero 2 was just released and many were shocked to find out that only the official SG guitar worked with it. You couldn't use the standard ps2 controller or any 3rd party guitars. No one knows for sure if this will carry over to the full version, but I'd reckon if the demo is locked, the full game will be as well.

TAC, who make the Flying V controllers, has unofficially said that they'll be releasing an adapter sometime after GH2 hits the shelves.

Yeah, i've never played Guitar Hero...got the demo in OPM earlier this week and was disappointed that i couldnt play it since i didnt have the Guitar :bomb:

I still haven't received a confirmation email.

Fry's / Outpost.com isn't leaving me with a good impression after the 360 debacle.

[quote name='SiW']I still haven't received a confirmation email.

Fry's / Outpost.com isn't leaving me with a good impression after the 360 debacle.[/QUOTE]

While this is an amazing deal, I almost don't want to order it out of principle. I hate Outpost.com that much.

Just an FYI about these wireless V controllers. A demo for Guitar Hero 2 was just released and many were shocked to find out that only the official SG guitar worked with it. You couldn't use the standard ps2 controller or any 3rd party guitars. No one knows for sure if this will carry over to the full version, but I'd reckon if the demo is locked, the full game will be as well.

Damn, that's strict, especially since most stores don't even carry the guitar by itself. Is the wireless V guitar even any good? Has anyone tried it? The shape of the V doesn't look as comfortable as the standard one.

[quote name='SiW']I still haven't received a confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

They must be reading; I just got the confirmation ;)

I did hesitate before ordering because I do think the 360 thing was handled poorly, but a real CAG doesn't let his morals get in the way of a deal, right?

P/Med at the Van Nuys, CA Circuit City, which is a few minutes away from the Burbank Fry's. They called to verify the price.

With Tax, Guitar Hero came out to $40.04 (10% extra saved 3 dollars). Nice deal, thanks, op!

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']P/Med at the Van Nuys, CA Circuit City, which is a few minutes away from the Burbank Fry's. They called to verify the price.

With Tax, Guitar Hero came out to $40.04 (10% extra saved 3 dollars). Nice deal, thanks, op![/QUOTE]

How did you get that to work out, because my local fry's specifically said that it was online only.

[quote name='Archgarth']How did you get that to work out, because my local fry's specifically said that it was online only.[/QUOTE]
you pm at another store, not frys

[quote name='62t']you pm at another store, not frys[/QUOTE]

Stores will only price match prices that other local stores are using. If the deal is indeed online only (which I can only assume it is from what other CAG's have said), then CC wouldn't have price matched the $39.99.

[quote name='Cynd']Stores will only price match prices that other local stores are using. If the deal is indeed online only (which I can only assume it is from what other CAG's have said), then CC wouldn't have price matched the $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Some CC's are lazy and won't call the store to check and will PM anything.

Buy.com's price match is only valid for:

* Amazon.com
* BestBuy.com
* bn.com
* CircuitCity.com
* Compusa.com
* OfficeDepot.com
* Walmart.com

what are ebgames/gamestop pm policy? i've been lookin' everywhere for that, but no luck. it'd be nice to put my store cred to use :D

[quote name='aniousjoe']what are ebgames/gamestop pm policy? i've been lookin' everywhere for that, but no luck. it'd be nice to put my store cred to use :D[/QUOTE]
I don't think there is one... (they couldn't care less)

[quote name='rebenns']Don't forget the TRU sale coming up next weekend.[/quote]

I haven't seen any Guitar Hero bundles at the 3 TRU stores that are still in business here...do they carry it?

[quote name='SynGamer']Seems like rather than putting $45+ towards this, jsut save it and use google checkout on Guitar Hero 2 bundle...[/quote]

Buy.com had the Guitar Hero 2 bundle for $78.99, so $68.99 after $10 off. Not the best deal. Is there another site that has a better price on it? I already have Guitar Hero and a guitar but I want the Guitar Hero II bundle as well so I can play 2-player. I hope the $78.99 price isn't going to be the same everywhere...the first Guitar Hero could be found for $60 at launch then went up to $65-70 at most places.

bread's done
Back