Guitar Hero: World Tour game only $10-$20 sale @ Microcenter B&M

I definitely want to get into this deal. I've never heard of this place in my life. I tried ordering online and it went thru then comes back with an email saying deal not available online thats crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you see any PS3 or Xbox 360 copies there?

[quote name='jgressley']I was able to PM this deal at Best Buy in Mayfield Heights, OH at ~11am this morning (for the PS2 version). I had already been to MC and could not find the PS2 version there. When Best Buy called, MC claimed they still had 2 left.

Great deal, OP![/QUOTE]

if anyone snags an extra copy for the 360 and wants to hook me up, add me to the list if CAGers who would be a friend for life. :)

No go here as they said MicroCenter isn't a local competitor :roll:

PM me if you want to be a nice soul
$28 paypal for the ps3 version

[quote name='Fire_Thief']if anyone can pick me up a 360 copy i will paypal you 24 bucks[/QUOTE]
What a deal!!!! I could do you a favor and lose money to do it. Pay $20 for the game plus $1.50 sales tax, $2.25 shipping and paypal fees of $1.00 (- 0.70 USD (2.9% PayPal transaction fee) + 0.30 USD (PayPal fixed fee) Not including gas to and from MC, and the post office, not to mention the time spent going to PO and MC. I'm all for helping out other CAGS but get real.

I picked up an extra copy for the 360. I'd really like to trade it for a sealed Fable II for the 360 (already PM'd DoctorArch but no reply). If I don't get any offers, I'll probably sell it to someone in this thread for cheap (~ cost + shipping).

[quote name='kklems']What a deal!!!! I could do you a favor and lose money to do it. Pay $20 for the game plus $1.50 sales tax, $2.25 shipping and paypal fees of $1.00 (- 0.70 USD (2.9% PayPal transaction fee) + 0.30 USD (PayPal fixed fee) Not including gas to and from MC, and the post office, not to mention the time spent going to PO and MC. I'm all for helping out other CAGS but get real.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is a fair price?

[quote name='kklems']What a deal!!!! I could do you a favor and lose money to do it. Pay $20 for the game plus $1.50 sales tax, $2.25 shipping and paypal fees of $1.00 (- 0.70 USD (2.9% PayPal transaction fee) + 0.30 USD (PayPal fixed fee) Not including gas to and from MC, and the post office, not to mention the time spent going to PO and MC. I'm all for helping out other CAGS but get real.[/quote]

lmfao.

i want a copy if anyone has the chance to get me one PLEASE do =) i'll reimburse the money to you i just cant get one myself

[quote name='GamerChris']Santa Clara, CA is sold out BTW...all platforms. The gaming section was a complete mess.[/quote]

Complete mess? I wouldn't say that. I guess it's all relative; perhaps you haven't been to a Circuit City lately. Anyway, they don't "misplace" in-store pickups, which is saying something.

Was shot down at 4 SO CAL BB and a Walmart. All the BB called to see if MC had it stock (they didn't at the Tustin CA store) because the difference in prices were too great. I guess that $40 is too much but when I got $105 ($80 + the $25 GC) off the RB2 match with TRU or the Animal Crossing Wii with KMart, I got no grief at all. It seems like BB is getting to be a real pain in the ass about the price matching. I think the problem is that Micro Center is not a major retailer and that raised the red flag on the whole deal.

hmm.. I wonder if a local BB or any store that price matches can price match even though I don't have a microcenter by me..

[quote name='8bitlover']Was shot down at 4 SO CAL BB and a Walmart. All the BB called to see if MC had it stock (they didn't at the Tustin CA store) because the difference in prices were too great. I guess that $40 is too much but when I got $105 ($80 + the $25 GC) off the RB2 match with TRU or the Animal Crossing Wii with KMart, I got no grief at all. It seems like BB is getting to be a real pain in the ass about the price matching. I think the problem is that Micro Center is not a major retailer and that raised the red flag on the whole deal.[/quote]

Yea I have the same problem in So. CA. always have, BB is the worst though, at least some times at WM and CC it works

I would love to drop by if i was close to pick up the $10 PS2 version (i plan on getting 360 and guitar bundle eventually also...), but it's really not worth the half hour drive to their NJ store

[quote name='Shadowboi']I would love to drop by if i was close to pick up the $10 PS2 version (i plan on getting 360 and guitar bundle eventually also...), but it's really not worth the half hour drive to their NJ store[/quote]
I suggest to get a price match at another store. they will do it since there is a micro near you

[quote name='rkrocks123']Wow, I'm going to make a trip to BB tomorrow to attempt a PM. Nearest MicroCenter is a few hours away...[/quote]

[quote name='Micro Center Ad'] Offers end 01/11/09 unless otherwise noted.[/quote]

Even if they would have done it, which I doubt, the sale ended today.

i had wired guitar from Guitar Hero 2 & 3. i wonder the wired guitar work on GH: World Tour for 360 or not? just make sure b4 i get Bestbuy price match this week~

[quote name='Masterkyo']i had wired guitar from Guitar Hero 2 & 3. i wonder the wired guitar work on GH: World Tour for 360 or not? just make sure b4 i get Bestbuy price match this week~[/quote]

Yes the wired guitar would work for World Tour. Any Instrument controller will work for World Tour. As long as it's for the right system.

But again, unless you have a Best Buy near you that's open right now, you aren't going to get a price match because the ad ended today.

best buy doesn't pm microcenter. i wasted a trip earlier and forgot to post, sorry about that. they have a list of stores that they are willing to pricematch if it is nearby. microcenter is not one of them. i had no luck at walmart either. sucks.

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']Even if they would have done it, which I doubt, the sale ended today.[/QUOTE]
I actually went to Microcenter today (at santa clara) and asked one of the workers if they have any copies and immediately he said no, but also told me to go make a deposit for the game. He even went to the computer and checked to make sure and he told me "yeah, 20 dollars". I gave it a shot, and was asked my phone number, name, address, and the 20 bucks. Then he told me that they'll let me know when to pick it up. I asked the (other) guy like twice if I have to pay more later and was told no. Will see how this goes I guess...

Aside from the sale, how's Guitar Hero: World tour for those that already have it?

it's alright....not even close to RB though. The interface is horrible. The only +'s are unique songs and guitar solo tour.

I was able to get BB to PM Microcenter. The dude just looked up the price on Microcenter's website and gave me the PM. So I got it for $19.99 ... also had a $10 RZ certificate to spend, so I paid $9.99 + tax!

Thanks OP, I picked this up at Microcenter on Friday. Great deal. Game's good-- but I agree that Rock Band is better. Some little differences like the bass having its own unique extra "note" you just strum (holding no frets) is cool.

[quote name='edson13']I still haven't received a cancellation for my online order, anyone else in the same boat?[/quote]

Same boat.. I could take it or leave it to be honest though.

I'm guessing that a lot of orders were cancelled because the "ad" indicated that it was an in store only deal. I know the price was on the web but I think they fixed the website around 10a where it would not allow you to order it at all online. I was pissed because I had mine in the cart and selected in store pickup and then got an error right after I put all my info in. Luckily, I was able to get down to Cincy and pick one up before they sold out.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ordered an hour age and........ Your order #XXXXXX has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order.[/FONT]

bread's done
Back