Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle for $65 @ Costco B&M

DirkBelig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Was surprised to see at the Roseville, MI Costco the X360 guitar bundle of GHWT with an instant $22 rebate resulting in a 86.99 - $22 = $64.99+tax deal. Only bad part is they charge tax for the original price; with 6% tax, it was $70.21 OTD. Sorry, didn't check for other systems.

Saw this in Portland, OR as well, guitar only bundle. They had no band kits. Almost picked it up as the price was killer, but wanted the full band kit.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Saw this in Portland, OR as well, guitar only bundle. They had no band kits. Almost picked it up as the price was killer, but wanted the full band kit.[/quote]You get this for $65, the $30 Rawk Banned 1 drums that Gamestop is clearing out, and use a headset mike with a gamepad for the Sammy Hagar look on vocals. BAM! Save $90.

Are there more confirmations? How does Costco work, will the deal be good up here in NJ?

This may be the deal that finally makes me jump on GH:WT :D

What is Costco B&M? Is that an abbreviation for something or just Costco's name?

[quote name='Shadowboi']Are there more confirmations? How does Costco work, will the deal be good up here in NJ?

This may be the deal that finally makes me jump on GH:WT :D

What is Costco B&M? Is that an abbreviation for something or just Costco's name?[/quote]Brick & Mortar
It means a physical store, not an online offer/deal.

So no making it easy to find a store and just ordering online...

Basically i would have to make my parents go out of their way to these stores...and that would be bad if they didn't have the game :p

Is it true that you have to be a member at Costco to buy anything at all? I was just talking to my mom about trying to get down there....

I could always ask a friend to buy it for me...but that just adds another difficulty.

[quote name='Shadowboi']Is it true that you have to be a member at Costco to buy anything at all? I was just talking to my mom about trying to get down there....

I could always ask a friend to buy it for me...but that just adds another difficulty.[/quote]

I think you pay 5% extra if you're not a member.

I can confirm that the RB1 drums work with GHWT with the exception of accents not tracking (no velocity sensitivity) and you can't do the drum tutorials because the game detects that it's not an official GHWT kit. Pffft. Otherwise it seems to work well and the colors in the charts track the same as Rock Band's. I don't know how the GH drum grids look with the game's set, but RB works well.

[quote name='Shadowboi']Is it true that you have to be a member at Costco to buy anything at all? I was just talking to my mom about trying to get down there....

I could always ask a friend to buy it for me...but that just adds another difficulty.[/QUOTE]

You can't get in the doors without a membership card,and having an active membership is $50 a year. Not a deal if you're not a member unfortunately, unless a friend can get it for you.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I can confirm that the RB1 drums work with GHWT with the exception of accents not tracking (no velocity sensitivity) and you can't do the drum tutorials because the game detects that it's not an official GHWT kit.[/quote]

To activate Star Power, isn't it the left cymbal and the foot pedal? I can't remember, but it felt awkward when I tried to use the RB drums with GHWT. But, beggars can't be choosers.

I really wanna get either the RB2 or GHWT bundle, but it's disconcerting when you know they're going to change up the schematics of the drums. My friend got to participate in a focus group for GH: Metallica, so there'll be a double bass pedal. I might just wait 'til I could get that one. I saw that there are peripherals ($30, I think) for the drum kits to add cymbals, anyone know if these are any good?

Does anybody know how long this deal will run for? I've found somebody who i believe will buy it for me (if i give him the cash, obviously), but I just need to know how much i need to rush him.

i got this at amazon for black friday for $60 for the guitar/game bundle. its not worth it imo. its not that great. i actually would prefer rockband 2 over this if youre looking to pick it up.

Well i played it with my friend two days ago and from what i saw it was more than worth $60...at least for me personally.

And i need a guitar for my 360 (i have RB1 for ps3 and others for PS2)...lol

I checked at the Madison Heights, MI Costco just now and the X360 and PS3 bundles are $65 and the Wii bundle is $67. They had two PS3 complete band bundles for $170.

How's this for suckage? I quick-played perhaps 3 songs last night and started a career tonight and on the very third song, the blue button started missing (kinda important for "Mountain Song") and by the end it was totally dead. Start "Band on the Run" and it didn't work then either. Reseated the neck and power-cycled the console with no improvement. That's some mighty fine fucking workmanship there, Activision!

EDIT: OK, this is weird. I needed to copy my Rock Band 2 save over to my memory card so I can switch in my new 60GB unit, so I tossed in RB2 to sing a quick song and switch the storage unit. When I finished, I decided to fire up the GHWT axe and...wait for it...it worked fine! WTF?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']You get this for $65, the $30 Rawk Banned 1 drums that Gamestop is clearing out, and use a headset mike with a gamepad for the Sammy Hagar look on vocals. BAM! Save $90.[/quote]

Yeah. . .but the headset mic has a horrible delay.

check the Guitar Hero threads. Sound like the guitars are complete Crap.
I'll stick with my GHIII guitar, and wait for a good price on the game disc.

[quote name='FairlyOddChelle']To activate Star Power, isn't it the left cymbal and the foot pedal?[/quote]
no, it's both cymbals at the same time if you're using the GH:WT drum kit or the yellow and blue pad at the same time if you're using the RB drum kit...

Check Radio Shack. I saw this on clearance at RS for $39.99. Not the full band kit, but just the guitar kit.

I considered flipping it, but read reviews regarding the buggy guitar....

Ok I just want to check because i gave my friend the cash for this today.

Will it be marked at $65? Or will they have to ring it up and the rebate will pop up? When somebody else is trying to bargain hunt for me i want it to be as painless as possible.

There are signs announcing the rebate price by the stock, but the box will have a regular price sticker on it. When they scan it, the rebate will automatically pop and be taken off. No coupon needed.

I went and bought the last one from the Madison Hts. Costco last night and so far this one is working. I hope Costco doesn't refuse to return opened games under this circumstance. I still have the sealed disc from the 2nd bundle, so I'm covered, I think.

bread's done
Back