Guitar Hero World Tour Set 360 w free guitar $69.99 $7.00 shipping Ship Toys R US

Wow that is pretty nice, to be honest I had rock band 2 so most of ghwt's tracklist is too similar but for drums and 2 guitars its a hell of a deal, is it for PS3 or just 360?

[quote name='forgot2panic']Nice find. Too bad I'm holding out for a similar deal on Rock Band 2.[/QUOTE]

I'm about to order, do you think ROckband 2 will drop to $70.00 soon and anyone want to post ANOTHER quick, unbiased, difference between the two. I prefer the track list of GHWT over Rockband 2 and dont play online.

[quote name='mietha']$7.06 shipping on the "free" guitar though.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Seems like a ripoff, I hate free items with outrageous shipping.

[quote name='romodome']I'm about to order, do you think ROckband 2 will drop to $70.00 soon and anyone want to post ANOTHER quick, unbiased, difference between the two. I prefer the track list of GHWT over Rockband 2 and dont play online.[/Q

There won't be anymore DLC for GHWT,it is all going to be for GH5.
You have the option to import most GHWT DLC into GH5 for a small fee.

RB will continue to have DLC going forward,and the Beatles music will be included.

Update:
Got home and tried using the drum set, and sure enough, it was broken. I tried to exchange it at the TRU I bought it at, but unfortunately they sold out of all the Guitar Hero Band Bundles. In the end, I returned it and then went over to Walmart, where they priced matched the TRU ad. So far this Guitar Hero Band Bundle is working great!

Thanks! Picked up the Guitar Hero Band Bundle at my local TRU this morning! It came with entire bundle, free wired guitar, and a free ice cream sandwich!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up today, I also bought Mirrors Edge for 360 for 19.99 and than got 5 bucks off Star Wars the force unleashed for wii for 15 bucks with the buy one get 5 bucks off all games 19.99 and under deal.

The guitar hero bundle deal is an amazing deal. You have to consider that new videogames cost 60 bucks. You're getting the game, 2 guitars(even if its a wired crappy one, i haven't tried it yet so I can't judge), the drum set and the microphone for 70 bucks.

My question is can you use the guitar hero guitars on rock band games? If that is the case I may just buy a rock band drum set so I can get the beatles game eventually. If a rock band 2 bundle dropped to this price I would probably pick it up as well.

[quote name='DefeatUForever']I picked this up today, I also bought Mirrors Edge for 360 for 19.99 and than got 5 bucks off Star Wars the force unleashed for wii for 15 bucks with the buy one get 5 bucks off all games 19.99 and under deal.

The guitar hero bundle deal is an amazing deal. You have to consider that new videogames cost 60 bucks. You're getting the game, 2 guitars(even if its a wired crappy one, i haven't tried it yet so I can't judge), the drum set and the microphone for 70 bucks.

My question is can you use the guitar hero guitars on rock band games? If that is the case I may just buy a rock band drum set so I can get the beatles game eventually. If a rock band 2 bundle dropped to this price I would probably pick it up as well.[/QUOTE]

You can use the GH guitars in RB.

Also, if the "crappy" wired guitar turns out to be the white Xplorer like it most likely is, then many people consider it the best guitar made for the Xbox 360.

[quote name='DefeatUForever']I picked this up today, I also bought Mirrors Edge for 360 for 19.99 and than got 5 bucks off Star Wars the force unleashed for wii for 15 bucks with the buy one get 5 bucks off all games 19.99 and under deal.

My question is can you use the guitar hero guitars on rock band games? If that is the case I may just buy a rock band drum set so I can get the beatles game eventually. If a rock band 2 bundle dropped to this price I would probably pick it up as well.[/QUOTE]
drums should work as well

[quote name='koebner'][quote name='romodome']I'm about to order, do you think ROckband 2 will drop to $70.00 soon and anyone want to post ANOTHER quick, unbiased, difference between the two. I prefer the track list of GHWT over Rockband 2 and dont play online.[/Q

There won't be anymore DLC for GHWT,it is all going to be for GH5.
You have the option to import most GHWT DLC into GH5 for a small fee.

RB will continue to have DLC going forward,and the Beatles music will be included.[/QUOTE]

Beatles Rock band, DLC included, is totally seperate from the main games, unless something has drastically changed. And you can currently get a Rock Band 1 complete bundle with the Rock Band 2 game for $79 shipped. How much better than that do you want? For the record, all GHWT DLC (including Death Magnetic) is importable into 5, for free (the fee is for importing disc songs from WT and Smash Hits), except for the Hendrix tracks, most likely because they will be in the oh-so-super secret GH:Hendrix. As for the instruments, ALL music games are required to work with ALL prior music instruments on the 360, as mandated by MS.

So does all the GHWT equipment work with RB/RB2? I've been holding out for a sweeter deal than $99 for RB2 and this might be the ticket.

Saw this deal in store today, but couldn't pull the trigger. I'm just kinda over the whole music-genre game thing. It's fun for a little while, but after that, you just realize it's a novelty. If I see this for $50 or less (which I think is likely to happen), then I might bite.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wait, what is this? The band kit with an extra guitar? The guitar kit with an extra guitar? The game with a wired guitar?[/QUOTE]

Yep, clicking on the provided link sure would be tough...

Is $17 for the just the Xplorer a decent deal? I really don't need the bundle since some buddies of mine recently got RB2 on 360 and I was looking at getting an extra guitar. Prefer the wired ones since I don't need to worry about getting AA batteries. I was looking online and couldn't seem to find this lower than $20 (guessing they don't make these anymore) so just curious.

[quote name='V878']Is $17 for the just the Xplorer a decent deal? I really don't need the bundle since some buddies of mine recently got RB2 on 360 and I was looking at getting an extra guitar. Prefer the wired ones since I don't need to worry about getting AA batteries. I was looking online and couldn't seem to find this lower than $20 (guessing they don't make these anymore) so just curious.[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for a Wired Xplorer!

That was my first GH Guitar on the 360 - got it from TRU online last year. After using it for awhile, I then bought 2 Wireless Les Pauls - one new and one refirbished, because my friends preferred the wireless freedom. Eventually, both guitars broke on me (one had a strum bar issue, one had a fret button issue), but my Xplorer is still great. Even after a week of heavy playing with Guitar Hero Metallica (on Expert = a fuck-ton of strumming), the strum bar is very stable, very similar to how it felt out of the box. Frets work great still.

Go for the Xplorer. See if you can find one at a TRU store for $10.

Going to try my local TRU tomorrow morning and see if they have any left. For those who PMed at WM, did they also throw in the X-Plorer guitar?

I got it in the store today, the extra guitar was the wired white X-Plorer, I tried it out and it feels great. I def. recommend getting this deal, I don't really see the bundles ever going much cheaper than 60 to 70 bucks. There is just too much stuff in the box for the prices to drop 50 or below but that is just my opinion.

[quote name='hypertails02']I can vouch for a Wired Xplorer!

That was my first GH Guitar on the 360 - got it from TRU online last year. After using it for awhile, I then bought 2 Wireless Les Pauls - one new and one refirbished, because my friends preferred the wireless freedom. Eventually, both guitars broke on me (one had a strum bar issue, one had a fret button issue), but my Xplorer is still great. Even after a week of heavy playing with Guitar Hero Metallica (on Expert = a fuck-ton of strumming), the strum bar is very stable, very similar to how it felt out of the box. Frets work great still.

Go for the Xplorer. See if you can find one at a TRU store for $10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I actually went to TRU today but they didn't have it in stock. If it's a reliable guitar I don't mind spending $17 on it since I can also use it for Frets on Fire on PC as well.

On vacation right now. Might have to get on this once I get back if they still have some left over. Also have a $30 GC from the Batman AA promo, makes this even sweeter.

I wanted GHWT but My Toysrus is moving their store and they said they don't offer the sale price of $70 because their moving. They had it for $107, so I went to Bestbuy and got a price match for the bundle and ended up paying $70 but no free guitar.

Was able to get this deal at the Burnsville, MN store today. Thanks for the thread OP, I would have missed it otherwise. $74.99 (including tax) for the full set and a free extra guitar is a pretty damn good deal.

I went ahead and bit. I ad matched at Wal-Mart... I bet you would be able to get the extra guitar...assuming they had one. My store did not so I would be surprised if many did.

Went today and was surprised they still had some (3 when I asked). I got the 360 band bundle and got the free explorer guitar. Used the 30 GC from the Batman AA promo and total came out to about $45.XX. Also picked up GH5 360 bundle...$150 isn't band I guess for 3 guitars, 3 games (waiting for GH Van Halen), a mic, and a drumset and the 30 GC that comes with GH5 bundle.

bread's done
Back