Gun (360) $16 and more at the GoGamer 48hr Sale

Ahhhh, I want the Star Trek game for 360 but it is still too much. Played it a bit on the PC and I think the interface is much more control pad friendly/designed for it in the first place.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Ahhhh, I want the Star Trek game for 360 but it is still too much. Played it a bit on the PC and I think the interface is much more control pad friendly/designed for it in the first place.[/QUOTE]

And what's with no actual STAR TREK music in this game (same problem with the last Xbox game)? Paramount must not have changed their ridiculous licensing structure as apparently the score doesn't offer so much as a whiff of the real Trek music!

Thanks for the thread CheapyD! Just got my 360 for Xmas and was really hoping to pick up a copy of Star Trek Legacy. This saves me a solid $15 on the game, not to mention the $12 I saved for buying my 2nd player wireless controller($38 on the site vs $50 in stores) from GoGamer.

Actually read the review on gamespot for ST Legacy last night. It's supposed to have vastly improved controls over the PC version. Plus it has real voices from all 5 captains and it supposedly really gives you that "ST" feeling like no other ST game.

Unfortunately, besides the fact I have spent way too much on games, the lack of ability to save during missions is supposed to be terrible because missions are at hour+ long and if you die.. OH WELL START OVER. Not sure I can deal with that, especially since some of the missions are hard AND long.

I'm conflicted over whether to get GUN.

On one hand, it was a lackluster port with slightly improved visuals in some places, but more visible flaws due to the better picture quality output in others.

On the other hand, it's freaking $16.

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']Actually read the review on gamespot for ST Legacy last night. It's supposed to have vastly improved controls over the PC version. Plus it has real voices from all 5 captains and it supposedly really gives you that "ST" feeling like no other ST game.

Unfortunately, besides the fact I have spent way too much on games, the lack of ability to save during missions is supposed to be terrible because missions are at hour+ long and if you die.. OH WELL START OVER. Not sure I can deal with that, especially since some of the missions are hard AND long.[/quote] I'm half way through the TOS missions and I've never had to restart because I was killed. Enemies are really easy to kill.

Has anyone tried to buy anything from Gogamer.com this morning??? A different site keeps coming up. Anyone else experience this?

[quote name='SATAN']Has anyone tried to buy anything from Gogamer.com this morning??? A different site keeps coming up. Anyone else experience this?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm getting something different coming up - Network Solutions, under construction. Hacked or crashed?

[quote name='philconners31']Yeah, I'm getting something different coming up - Network Solutions, under construction. Hacked or crashed?[/quote]

That's probably just their host. I've seen that problem with GoGamer before and they were back online in a few hours. Just to add my $.02, Gun is a killer game. Short, but I had a blast (although I hated the last boss).

[quote name='Mike UFC']That's probably just their host. I've seen that problem with GoGamer before and they were back online in a few hours. Just to add my $.02, Gun is a killer game. Short, but I had a blast (although I hated the last boss).[/QUOTE]
I didn't mind the last boss, but Lance Henriksson drove me nuts.

Gun is worth $16 and really not that much more. A great, fun, well-designed game, but they rushed it. Thankfully, in rushing it, the core gameplay is perfect, they just needed about twice as much content.

That you can get it for $10,

Hmm, Rainbow Six is tempting since I'm not getting a 360 till it's dropped to $300, if I don't hold out longer, though something about it being just shy of $30 for a port and not the low $20's makes me want to pass. Probably for the best since the community support that made the first Clancy games so awesome won't be there since they've neglected the PC for a while now.

That and I'm going to be dropping $70 on an expansion pack in two weeks. :p

For a few cents under $19 (shipping included), I'm okay with being a hypocrite and ordering "the 'poster boy' for the deluge of barely-improved 'ports' that the 360 (was) sure to see in the first 6-12 months of its existence." Or so I might have said once....

bread's done
Back