Gungrave OD (PS2) 14.99 preorder at EBgames

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The 2nd GunGrave is not by SEGA WTF!?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's still being developed by Red Entertainment, so there's nothing to worry about.

Mastiff may have a shitty logo, but they did a good job with La Pucelle.

It is a great deal. The first game although it was short was very entertaining. The anime is also very good. I just picked up the first Vol a while ago when it came out.

This version is going to be longer and I think you can use different characters during the game.

I preorder my title last week!

From Gamespy:
Mastiff today announced a special "U Can't Lose" deal tied to the September 2004 launch of their PS2 title, Gungrave: Overdose.

Gungrave: Overdose will ship for a special low price of $14.99 and anyone who purchases a copy between September 2004 and March 2005 will receive a three-issue trial subscription to Play Magazine (worth $18.00). On top of all that, a limited addition Gungrave art card, featuring images from Geneon Entertainment's Gungrave: Beyond The Grave anime DVD will be packed into every box.

"Gungrave: Overdose is awesome, absolutely over the top" commented Bill Swartz, Head Woof at Mastiff. "We tried to come up with a promotion as good as the game and couldn't. But we've come pretty close. For fifteen dollars PlayStation2 owners get one of the best Anime-based action titles to hit the system, three issues of a great gaming magazine, a limited edition collector's art card from Geneon Entertainment, publishers of the Anime on DVD, and a preview of the Anime in the game. You can't lose."

Gungrave: Overdose features more of everything that made its predecessor great: more adrenaline, more over-the-top action, more cell-shaded coolness, more outrageous story, more pumped-up volume, and more non-stop gameplay. The game features the character design of noted anime artists Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun) and Kosuke Fujishima (Sakura Wars) and a soundtrack composed by Tsuneo Imahori (Trigun, Hajime No Ippo).

Looks like an awesome deal, but I wonder if you preordered before september if you get all the extras.

[quote name='Final Starman']Looks like they're really REALLY tying to push this game with extras. I hope it's not just because the game sucks ass.[/quote]

Yeah, with a deal like that it's just gotta be shit. I guess it can't hurt to wait and see, seeing as how the deal will last 6 months.

I've played the first game and it's not bad. The reason they MIGHT be doing this is because they feel lowering the price isn't enough incentive to get people to buy. Keep in mind the original had to be dropped like near $10 to get people to buy it.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']What is Play magazine?[/quote]

It's a magazine....called "Play." :p

Play's a fairly recent console gaming magazine - first issue was Jan `02 - which dabbles in covering other geeky areas (i.e., anime, scifi, etc.). I got a freebie subscription about a year ago. I like the overall look and layout of Play for some reason; and they have some gorgeous promo artwork, which is a plus IMHO - I get tired of seeing the same half-dozen screenshots for any given game over and over again.

They sometimes feature offbeat, quirky, or just plain overlooked titles as their cover story previews: e.g., Primal, Voodoo Vince, Gunvalkyrie. I dunno if this is a conscious decision to highlight titles other magazines overlook or just the best they can get on any given month - given their "industry n00b" status, as it were :) - but I appreciate the spotlight occasionally being shone on something other than the next Final Half-Doom Solid Auto sequel.

That said, they also tend to be the sort of magazine which gushes about practically everything - I'm not sure they've ever met a game they didn't like (or at least couldn't find something to like about it). So I tend to ignore their actual words and try to read between the lines.

Incidentally, they used to have a much higher cheesecake factor, complete with 2-page pin-up spreads. But they've since toned it down and largely farmed out the cheese to their "Girls of Gaming" annual. Whether you consider this a good thing or bad depends largely on your tastes, I suppose... :wink:

i wasnt a big fan of the first game which i got for 15 bucks at target, maybe when this game is ten or 5 ill get it, but im not hyped about it

bread's done
Back