Gunparade March Tin $22.99 (79.99 MSRP) at Best Buy, and more

Leggo

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6888148&type=product&id=1388965

granted, BB charges 1.50 shipping and tax, but $26 is the best I've seen for this boxed set. Next lowest price available right now is $47.97 from DDD.

There's also

Seraphim Call: The Complete Series - $11.99

Mirage Of Blaze (Complete Box Set) - $26.99

Dai-Guard: Complete Collection - $19.99

Although they aren't as good deals as the first.

good extra cheap deals are Saber Marionette R and the Yu Yu Hakusho / Ninku movie, 5.99 and 6.99 respectively (although I question the value of it after the shipping, so see if you can get it locally).

(taken from dvdpricesearch)

enjoy!

Some of those prices are old, but I guess BB restocked. Mirage of Blaze sounds like a new price drop. Does anyone know if this anime is worth buying?

[quote name='neonglow']Some of those prices are old, but I guess BB restocked. Mirage of Blaze sounds like a new price drop. Does anyone know if this anime is worth buying?[/QUOTE]

Mirage of Blaze was posted over a month ago, as were all of the others, with the possible exception of Yu Yu Hakusho / Ninku movie.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43921

Edit: They are the same prices in store, and could very well be in stock even if the website claims the store is out of stock.

[quote name='neonglow']Some of those prices are old, but I guess BB restocked. Mirage of Blaze sounds like a new price drop. Does anyone know if this anime is worth buying?[/QUOTE]

Mirage of Blaze wasn't too bad, I watched the whole series several months ago when it was a little newer. I'd say it's definitely worth 26.99. IMO, the only thing that is a little daunting about the show is the fact that it is only 13 episodes and there are quite a lot of characters and factions to follow, so it can be a little confusing at times. Also, there are a few hints of male/male relationships, but it never gets graphic or anything.

Overall, I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it.

Thanks for the post. I picked up Gunparade March a couple weeks ago, just got Dai-Guard today (and Heat Guy J 1-3 pack). Still thinking on Mirage of Blaze, maybe even Seraphim Call (I like some Shoujo but it appears too girlish). I also saw Sorcerer Hunters for $30 MSRP of $59.98, DDD has that for 35.99 though.

Wow, Sorcerer Hunters for $30? I paid $50 for it a year ago. It's good stuff if you like some humor and action. One of my favorite series.

I bought Dai Guard a few weeks ago and have watched half of it so far. It's a nice, light show about "office workers saving the world": some PR workers are also pilots for Dai Guard, a giant monster-fighting robot. It's not hilarious but isn't heavy or dreary either. Every episode has a little character development, a little humor, a monster attack and robot action, all in 24 minutes. I certainly don't regret the purchase.

DONT buy the Sorcerer Hunters box set. you can get the Essential DVD releases from DDD for the same price that take up half the shelf space and come with addition commentary tracks and stuff like that. during the 20% off sale, you can get the whole series for 28.78 shipped.

Unless you really really have a thing for boxes.

Super huge bump time. I checked out Dai Guard on a whim cause I couldn't sleep and it showed up for $9.99. Needless to say I was glad I held out on buying it. Hopefully this isn't a price mistake where everyone will get screwed.

Some other good prices:
Hades Zeorymer: Separation (vol. 1) 6.99
Hades Project Zeorymer: Extinction (vol. 2) 6.99.
Each dvd has 2 episodes.

Gravitation vol. 2 6.99
Gravitation vol. 3 9.99
Gravitation vol. 4 6.99

Annoyingly dvd 1 is still 24.99 on the website. It might be cheaper in store but i don't know.

Also not on the website but in store i saw Generator Gawl volume 1 for 6.99. Not sure if this the original version or the re-release from this year.

[quote name='Sway']Super huge bump time. I checked out Dai Guard on a whim cause I couldn't sleep and it showed up for $9.99. Needless to say I was glad I held out on buying it. Hopefully this isn't a price mistake where everyone will get screwed.[/QUOTE]

Figures I bought it for 20 not to long ago wonder if it's scanning up as 9.99 in the store. If so I'm going to get go 10 bucks back.

The Please Twins disc 1 set with box, postcards, postcard album, and soundtrack is now $19.99, formerly $32.99 or so, for those that care.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The Please Twins disc 1 set with box, postcards, postcard album, and soundtrack is now $19.99, formerly $32.99 or so, for those that care.[/QUOTE]

Damn those savages..... I paid 32.99 for it.. Oh well great deal for anyone else. The post card album is cool and the track is worth every bit of it.

[quote name='KingNES']Damn those savages..... I paid 32.99 for it.. Oh well great deal for anyone else. The post card album is cool and the track is worth every bit of it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was most pleased when I found it for that price. It's not a masterpiece, but I really enjoy the characters, despite the lame-o situations they were sometimes put into. And though the soundtrack pack-in is cool, it's sad that it's just an abridged version of the Japanese release, which was two discs. C'mon, Bandai, if you can include both discs on the .hack/Liminality OST, this shouldn't be too much to ask!

I went ahead and ordered peacemaker, it is indeed the box set collector's edition with manga included and normally retails 34.99 plus. This is a steal indeed at this price!!

I'd order Peacemaker now, but I know that I'll wake up tomorrow and someone will have posted another deal. I just wish there was a better way to search through Best Buy's site.

[quote name='defiance_17']I'd order Peacemaker now, but I know that I'll wake up tomorrow and someone will have posted another deal. I just wish there was a better way to search through Best Buy's site.[/QUOTE]

I agree, searching their site sucks big time.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The Please Twins disc 1 set with box, postcards, postcard album, and soundtrack is now $19.99, formerly $32.99 or so, for those that care.[/QUOTE]
Wonderful! I was a huge fan of Please Teacher--I thought it to be the most sincere, genuinely human love drama (despite all the wacky comedy and sci-fi)--but I didn't really get into Onegai Twins when I saw the fan subs. This'll give me a good reason to pick it up and give it another chance.

[quote name='dafoomie']My $10 Dai-Guard boxset has shipped. I'm thinking about Gunparade March for $22, not bad.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that 10$ was such a good deal i had to order it again, even though i JUST bought it for 20$.

I'll have to find some schmuck to buy my second copy off of me.

Ok some new ones that have not been said

Nadesico Essential Anime
1 and 2 are 7.99 each
Nadesico Essential Anime
3 are 6.99
Moeyo Ken 6.99

I also got Dai-guard for 9.99 (YES thank god I waited)

going to pick up the peace maker one later (hope it is there)

Seems like the prices are B&M so have fun. O yeah the NAdesico is the whole series for 23$ nice for people tha missed the Adv sale (WHY WHY WHY)

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I got the daiguard box set for 20, it price dropped again...grr I must have then change it.[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side it says $36.99 now...

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Look on the bright side it says $36.99 now...[/QUOTE]

That's whack. I hope I can still grab vol 2-6 of Azumanga later tonight at the earlier prices.

37 OMG WTF haha I just got it for 10 today at the store . I'm so lucky or something. Wait does anyways know when BB updates their computers for prices ? I want to get the Azumanga Daioh 2-6 but really don't want to go again to bb today. The prices went up online, vol4 and vol 5 are now 10 and vol 6 are 20 as with dai guard going up back to 38 .

I was able to get 10 bucks back by taking in my receipt with Dai-guard on it. Apparently it's still ringing up 9.99 in the store.

I was able to get a Dai-Guard set for $9.99 at one of the BB stores near me. Both B&M stores near me had it in stock even though the website claimed it was unavailable at all the stores near me. Thanks to the poster who pointed out the $9.99 price.
The Gunparade March price is tempting too. Does anyone know if that show is any good?

I grabbed Dai-Guard for 9.99 also, and yes Gunparade is easily worth the 22.99 price tag. I wish it had been longer, but it was a cool series indeed.

[quote name='KingNES']I grabbed Dai-Guard for 9.99 also, and yes Gunparade is easily worth the 22.99 price tag. I wish it had been longer, but it was a cool series indeed.[/QUOTE]

The Length of the show didn't bother to me to much. It was the fact it was more of a small side story in this overall world. You never learn much about the aliens/alternate Dimensional creatures whatever they are and overall nothing really got resolved in the overall grand scheme of things(sadly like Macross Zero). I'm glad I didn't pay more then 22 for it but It would have been nice to have had only payed 10-15.

bread's done
Back