Gunstar Heroes for Sega

Master Furian

CAGiversary!
With the discussion being Old School Games, I decided to bring up one of the best games from the past. This game is Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis, one of the best side-scrolling games of all time. I still haven't seen many like it that excel in gameplay as it does, Contra not even being close to it in my eyes.

Does anyone else remember this timeless classic from the Genesis? I think, back then I had Sega Channel, and it happened to be the only game I played for 2-3 months straight. Let me know about it, maybe we can discuss our likes and dislikes about it. Thanks :D

Yes, one of the best ever. I also agree that it is the best Genesis game out there. If someone were to pick up the idea of a sequel to it, and bring truly reminiscient gameplay to it, that game would most likely be my favorite of all time. Too bad that hasn't happened... :(

[quote name='Master Furian']Yes, one of the best ever. I also agree that it is the best Genesis game out there. If someone were to pick up the idea of a sequel to it, and bring truly reminiscient gameplay to it, that game would most likely be my favorite of all time. Too bad that hasn't happened... :([/quote]

Astro Boy for GBA is VERY reminiscent of Gunstar. It was made by Treasure as well and is lots of fun.

Whenever I think of the Genesis, 2 games come to mind: Beyond Oasis and Gunstar Heroes. If ever a game was deserving of a sequel, it's this one.

Yes indeed, I tend to still pull it out and play the game. A game this good just does not get old. Also, thanks to you Whip for the recommendation for Astro Boy. I am going to have to break down and buy the game now, even with the superhero in a diaper. Thanks to you all, and game on.

[quote name='Master Furian']Yes indeed, I tend to still pull it out and play the game. A game this good just does not get old. Also, thanks to you Whip for the recommendation for Astro Boy. I am going to have to break down and buy the game now, even with the superhero in a diaper. Thanks to you all, and game on.[/quote]

Yeah, but the diaper busts open and machine guns pop out of his butt, so it's not all bad.

my genesis broke a long time ago and i was young at the time (8), so i actually have no idea what this game is. i had the sonic games and a couple of sports ones and that was it.

I can assure you it's one of the best ever. I haven't seen better to date in the side-scrolling shooter/action genre. The game is absolutely great, and if you find a copy of it in stores, I would jump right on it. Getting to be very rare, though..

Tied for my favorite Genesis game along with Herzog Zwei, I could not stop playing either of these titles. They do not, IMHO make games like Gunstar Heroes any longer.

Great Game
Great Gameplay. period.

bread's done
Back