H:$50 off any purchase in gamestop (Rewards Certificates) W: $25 Amazon GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? I just bought a controller today using $50 in certs and $5 off my debit card, and when I tried to return it for store credit, I was told it wasn't possible. Tried at two different Gamestops too. They said I could only get back the $5 I paid out of pocket
yea I can see them saying that since they're certs and especially if you talk to the owner/someone higher up.

I got a 20h anniversary with a set of certs and some trade credit and going to try and exchange it for a white one. I don't see there being a problem (still sealed) but it's really no different from getting store credit in the end so maybe not? idk if they do exchanges no problem you would be able to buy a game or something and then exchange it for one that's out later on in the month, maybe longer with the holiday returns.

Using certificates from someone elses is account is just asking to be flagged from gamestop
No sir you are mistaken :)

these are to be used without any memberships with gamestop

just go ahead and present these certs and they won't ask if you have a PUR card

members are able to spend $600 with these without any problems :)

All of the Certs I have used have worked flawlessly. Just some things to note for future buyers:

If you want to return the stuff you buy with the Certs you will only be refunded what you paid out of pocket. The receipts will not show any other amount than what you pod out of pocket. I.e you gave $50 in Certs and paid $10 out of pocket for new game. Your receipt will only show that you paid $10.

Second, don't go to your usual Gamestop with these Certs. After using 2 sets my local Gamestop employees are looking at me weird. With my next set of coupons I'm going to a GameStop by work that I don't use. For some reason the GameStop employees care about what the hell I do with these Certs.

Third, I've heard of several people getting banned for using too many of these. The lesson is don't attach your power up membership when using the coupons.

I hope that helps. All in all I didn't have any problem with the Certs actually working as long as I remembered to do what I listed above.

Enjoy it while you can. I'm sure they will be linking the Certs to accounts pretty soon and none of this will work again.

No sir you are mistaken :)

these are to be used without any memberships with gamestop

just go ahead and present these certs and they won't ask if you have a PUR card

members are able to spend $600 with these without any problems :)
has anyone been able to use these without attaching to some type of membership? pro or not?

All of the Certs I have used have worked flawlessly. Just some things to note for future buyers:

If you want to return the stuff you buy with the Certs you will only be refunded what you paid out of pocket. The receipts will not show any other amount than what you pod out of pocket. I.e you gave $50 in Certs and paid $10 out of pocket for new game. Your receipt will only show that you paid $10.

Second, don't go to your usual Gamestop with these Certs. After using 2 sets my local Gamestop employees are looking at me weird. With my next set of coupons I'm going to a GameStop by work that I don't use. For some reason the GameStop employees care about what the hell I do with these Certs.

Third, I've heard of several people getting banned for using too many of these. The lesson is don't attach your power up membership when using the coupons.

I hope that helps. All in all I didn't have any problem with the Certs actually working as long as I remembered to do what I listed above.

Enjoy it while you can. I'm sure they will be linking the Certs to accounts pretty soon and none of this will work again.

haha lol cool info mate

just the basic guideline is to USE THEM ANONYMOUSLY and not with your gamestop membership :p

Can these certs be used with regular gift cards?

I have like 6 GC's (bought from various GC resellers) and I want to put them plus the certs towards the purchase of a PS4. Is this doable?

I've been having no problem doing exchanges. I exchanged a ds4 20th for a white one and a lunar xbone for the halo master chief today and paid the difference on that. So you should be able to purchase a controller now and exchange it for a game that isn't out yet but will be within 30 days. Almost as good as getting credit but you have to do it within the 30 days.

Can these certs be used with regular gift cards?

I have like 6 GC's (bought from various GC resellers) and I want to put them plus the certs towards the purchase of a PS4. Is this doable?
yea you should have no problem but you would only be able to use one set of certs, should def jump on that $90 set he's got ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been having no problem doing exchanges. I exchanged a ds4 20th for a white one and a lunar xbone for the halo master chief today and paid the difference on that. So you should be able to purchase a controller now and exchange it for a game that isn't out yet but will be within 30 days. Almost as good as getting credit but you have to do it within the 30 days.

yea you should have no problem but you would only be able to use one set of certs, should def jump on that $90 set he's got ;)
Your store might not be following the return policy and might be hooking you up. I can post the receipt where it shows the value for return as the amount that you paid out of pocket only. So a $60 game where you used $50 in Certs would only show that you paid $10, and therefore be the amount they refund you.

I always do things by store policy so I always have something to back me up when the inevitable GameStop hero employee decides to be a dick.

You guys do whatever you want though. At the end of the day it's your money. I'm just posting my experience.

okay guys it would not be a good idea to start returning them for cash

if you need anything from gamestop then buy my certs for 50% discount

if you have experience in returning them for cash then it is cool do it frequently if you know what you are doing

but if you are a newbie to this...please don't

Your store might not be following the return policy and might be hooking you up. I can post the receipt where it shows the value for return as the amount that you paid out of pocket only. So a $60 game where you used $50 in Certs would only show that you paid $10, and therefore be the amount they refund you.

I always do things by store policy so I always have something to back me up when the inevitable GameStop hero employee decides to be a dick.

You guys do whatever you want though. At the end of the day it's your money. I'm just posting my experience.
I'm not talking about returning I'm talking about exchanging. I did it at two different stores and neither batted an eye, granted I exchanged controllers for different colored controllers and they were sealed but why wouldn't it work with other items?

and Yes the value on the receipt says XX amount over 50 but when they did the exchange process the full price came up including the certs.

got my account banned last night, 

You Cancelled your GameStop PowerUp Rewards membership on October 06, 2015.

make sure you don't relate your power up account with it,

not sure he had that announcement in the beginning or not but I learned from hard way

got my account banned last night,

You Cancelled your GameStop PowerUp Rewards membership on October 06, 2015.

make sure you don't relate your power up account with it,

not sure he had that announcement in the beginning or not but I learned from hard way
well i did message you not to use them with PUR membership

these are to be used without the membership since they are tied to my account

they won't have any problems if you use them without gamestop card :)

Yep got banned as well, did not know to use them without my membership. Just lost 60,000 power up points. 

Unless someone knows if the ban is temporary or a method to remove the ban? haha ;/

damn and my trade credit of at least $100...

Last edited by a moderator:
So these will work without powerup card? Don't have to give them a number etc?
Absolutely
You can use them without any number or membership

To the guys wuo lost their membership and points i didnt knew u used them with your membership
I am sorry about that
I hope if you buy more from me and try to sell the stuff (which you will get from me at half price) at craiglist you will easily cover up the $100 or so which you lost
Try for black ops 3 its gonna be hot
Buy the simple $60 one
Buy few copies and i am sure you will cover up the price
Sorry for inconvenience
Nobody should use them with their memberships

well i did message you not to use them with PUR membership

these are to be used without the membership since they are tied to my account

they won't have any problems if you use them without gamestop card :)
no, at first message not included anything about PUR membership

or not to use along side with it. when i first bought 100, there was code and message enjoy that was about it

not to use powerup reward got added few days ago,

ban took 5 days after purchase, so I recommend people to check their account if possible.

not sure trade-in credit disappear as well,

(since your e-mail is attached but no more Power up reward or Pro, Reward points disappears for sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back