H: PS3 and Xbox 360 CONSOLE ONLY. (Sale Pending for PS3) W: Advice/Offers

You might call up your local GameStop (or Disc Replay, or other local used game shop) and tell them the deal. They might be willing to test the system for you. For the PS3, it uses HDMI and a pretty common power cable, so you MIGHT have matching cabling in-house, depending on your electronics setup.

If you've got some friends with the system(s) at home, you could borrow their cables and test them. Otherwise you may have to break the bank on cables yourself. Later Xbox 360 models have HDMI cables, so you'd only need to get a controller and power supply.

I am kind of curious what you've got there, and how much you were hoping to get for it. I know one store (Best Buy? GameStop?) was giving $150 in credit for working last generation game systems, provided they had plenty of hard drive space.

The PS3 appears to be a 40 GB "fat" model. I am having trouble figuring out how to identify the XBox 360.

I found a cord that was similar to the PS3 cord last night, and I was able to get the PS3 to run briefly before turning off. I'm not sure if that's a good sign that it worked at all, or if that means that it doesn't work. I don't know if it is supposed to have a power brick like some of the newer systems do.

Edit: Have a tentative sale for the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back