Exclusive Fan with interview with Hiroshi Matsuyama
http://www.altimitcorp.com/link.html?i=qpwjF
(Question 7 was submitted by me)

Promo Poster by me:
postercopy2.jpg

A Guide to .hack//Gu vol 3 by Me
redemptionguide.jpg

Wow, and I thought I liked the game...

Anyway, I'll be picking it up. I enjoyed the first two quite a bit. Far more than I did the first series. Hopefully the ending doesn't let me down.

Unbelievable graphics? Meaning unbelievably bad, early-gen Dreamcast level bad?

Most epic videogame trilogy ever? Meaning even more epically terrible and boring than the Xenosaga trilogy?

Lovable characters? Meaning the most generic, poorly-designed, boring characters I've seen in an RPG in years?

Nigger, please.

While the OP puts a little more hype into this game than I think it deserves, I am nonetheless awaiting the third installment.

I seem to be one of the few people that enjoyed the first games more. I agree that the combat system and graphics went through a much needed upgrade, but I preferred the story in the first set of games.

Too bad Amazon still doesn't have this game up for preorder.

[quote name='thelonepig']
Too bad Amazon still doesn't have this game up for preorder.[/QUOTE]

They do have it - I currently have it in my shopping cart. It's listed under:

.hack//G.U. vol.3// Redemption

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Unbelievable graphics? Meaning unbelievably bad, early-gen Dreamcast level bad?

Most epic videogame trilogy ever? Meaning even more epically terrible and boring than the Xenosaga trilogy?

Lovable characters? Meaning the most generic, poorly-designed, boring characters I've seen in an RPG in years?

Nigger, please.[/quote]

Troll much?:roll:

Wasn't the ending to the first series like really...bad? I remember watching it on youtube and thinking "WOW, THAT's the ending for a FOUR game series!?!"

Glad I never put very much time into the first series.

This one is decent though, I played a little of the first game. Hope it gets a good ending so I may be tempted to play them.

[quote name='greydt']They do have it - I currently have it in my shopping cart. It's listed under:

.hack//G.U. vol.3// Redemption[/quote]

Ah, so it is. Comes up as item twenty-something when you do a search for .hack and as item 7 if you narrow the search to video games.

Guess I didn't scroll down far enough. :whistle2:#

[quote name='thelonepig']Ah, so it is. Comes up as item twenty-something when you do a search for .hack and as item 7 if you narrow the search to video games.

Guess I didn't scroll down far enough. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to help - sorry, hope I didn't come off sounding like a prick about it :)

[quote name='greydt']Just wanted to help - sorry, hope I didn't come off sounding like a prick about it :)[/quote]

Not at all. I appreciate the point in the right direction.

Here I've been muttering about Amazon under my breath as I typically use my "wish list" to help plan upcoming purchases and I hadn't gotten this game on there yet.

I hope this final trilogy will answer all the questions along with refine game mechanics. I'm still hoping they bike usage in dungeon maps. Those maps are so long I can't stand walking by foot. If you allow them in towns and field map, why not dungeons?

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Troll much?:roll:[/QUOTE]
This series is terrible, that's all I'm saying. Forget the hype machine that Namco-Bandai has tried to implant in gamers' brains for once and look at the actual GAME for what it is. It's horrible, and if it weren't for the gimmick of the anime/trilogy/etc, no one would give these games a second glance.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This series is terrible, that's all I'm saying. Forget the hype machine that Namco-Bandai has tried to implant in gamers' brains for once and look at the actual GAME for what it is. It's horrible, and if it weren't for the gimmick of the anime/trilogy/etc, no one would give these games a second glance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Unbelievable graphics? Meaning unbelievably bad, early-gen Dreamcast level bad?

Nigger, please.[/QUOTE]

That is your fucking opinion not a god damn fact. If you hate the series so god damn much then don't post in the fucking topics and try to push your opinion off as a fact on people. Is it really that hard to just ignore the topic and not post in it? This is the second time I have seen you saying shit about the series so please just shut the fuck up, and when you see a .hack topic don't post in it. Mkay? You know what never mind I forgot the ignore feature works great with "Super bitchies"

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This series is terrible, that's all I'm saying. Forget the hype machine that Namco-Bandai has tried to implant in gamers' brains for once and look at the actual GAME for what it is. It's horrible, and if it weren't for the gimmick of the anime/trilogy/etc, no one would give these games a second glance.[/quote]

I actually enjoyed the games, but never could get into the anime, novels, manga, etc...

It really is too bad they couldn't release the whole thing on a single volume. SH:C was longer than the first 4 games combined. Maybe my tastes as a gamer have changed, but G.U. seems to have more "filler" quests than the first four games did. The second G.U. game, for example, didn't have a whole lot of story in it compared to all of the subquests and character side quests that you were encouraged/forced to go on.

I enjoyed the first .hack GU (never played the original series).

I figure the second and now third should drop in price on ebay pretty fast. Based on the first one, they're probably $10-20 range games for me.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']That is your fucking opinion not a god damn fact. [/QUOTE]
Well you know, the saying "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one" and everyone having an asshole is fact unless they suffered some traumatic injury. Therefore, wouldn't opinion be fact according to that statement?

Or maybe people should just stop using that statement, who knows :p

.hack//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION GOES GOLD

Epic Role Playing Trilogy Comes to a Stirring Conclusion with the Release of Its Final Chapter on September 10

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (August 10, 2007) –Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., announced today that .hack®//G.U.™ Vol. 3: Redemption™, for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, has gone gold and will be available in stores nationwide on September 10th, 2007. The triumphant conclusion of the .hack//G.U. RPG trilogy, Redemption lets players log into a virtual MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) setting one last time to learn the shocking truth behind the series’ most guarded secrets while putting their lives on the line to overcome a fearsome enemy.

In the year 2017, an MMORPG called “The World” has become a worldwide phenomenon, with millions of players spending countless hours in intense, realistic online quests. After a string of bizarre incidences in which players fell into comas after their in-game avatars were killed in “The World,” some players started to speculate that there were more sinister motives behind the game than simple escapism. In .hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption, the evil entity that has infected the World has broken free of its virtual confines and is now wreaking destruction upon the real world. Now it’s up to Haseo and his brave group of friends to save the world from this monstrosity born of mankind’s obsession with technology. What will they sacrifice to save the world? What would you sacrifice?

.hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption refines the series’ real-time combat system by allowing players to evolve into new, more powerful forms for additional destructive abilities. With more than 22 playable characters to add to their party, players can create their own custom parties to take into the game’s ominous dungeons, each with their own abilities that reward experimentation in finding the best combination of allies for each situation. With new cities to explore, new enemies to conquer and new weapons to wield, gamers won’t be able to put the game down as they discover the truth behind “The World.” For players that want to savor every moment of the .hack//G.U. finale, a massive 100-level dungeon becomes available once the game is finished, putting every skill they have learned across the trilogy to the test. Players can also tackle new arena battles to claim the title of Sage Palace Emperor and customize their Steam Bike to traverse the game’s massive environments in style.

Developed by CyberConnect 2, .hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and carries a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information on the .hack//G.U. series, please visit: www.namcobandaigames.com

I haven't played either of the first two games yet, but I've got the 3rd preordered. Hoping to be able to dive into this series sometime this Fall...

Yeah, the first series was pretty awful, but the brief bit I played of GU was really good. I'll put more time into that first game, and if it turns out to be as good as it has the potential to be, I'll definitely pick up 2 and 3.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, the first series was pretty awful, but the brief bit I played of GU was really good. I'll put more time into that first game, and if it turns out to be as good as it has the potential to be, I'll definitely pick up 2 and 3.[/quote]

The best part is that it only gets better since each game tweeks the battle system a bit helping to rid it of most of the more frustrating aspects. It really picks up Once you can switch between weapons during battle with out accessing the menu in the second game

I wonder what's the level limitations for this game? My characters last left off with level 100 and this is the series finally, it could be endless. If they do, I hope they reduce the level cap. In previous game, when the monsters are over 3 levels you do significantly less damage and yield less experience.

[quote name='fatbeer']I wonder what's the level limitations for this game? My characters last left off with level 100 and this is the series finally, it could be endless. If they do, I hope they reduce the level cap. In previous game, when the monsters are over 3 levels you do significantly less damage and yield less experience.[/quote]

You can reach the max level of 150

Anyone know if Best Buy or Gamerush is gonna carry this? BB's site has none of the .hack games up and Gamerush is extremely iffy with new games these days. I've got store credit to both stores, which is why i'd rather go there first.

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone know if Best Buy or Gamerush is gonna carry this? BB's site has none of the .hack games up and Gamerush is extremely iffy with new games these days. I've got store credit to both stores, which is why i'd rather go there first.[/quote]

I've seen both of the previous GU games at BestBuy. The first one was there on time, the second was delayed about a week.

Dam, I'm little rusty, a four month disparity from last sequel didn't help at all. It took me awhile to relearn the game/battle mechanics. Wow, less then a hour of gameplay ,and they already drop a huge plot twist.

Sakaki is the new leader of GU, no more master Yata.

I really enjoyed volumes 1 and 2. I maxed them out I didn't want to stop playing. This series I think will wind up as some of my favorite games on the ps2. I can't stop playing them. :bouncy:

I'm done with this game. I beat main boss, optional dungeon, and easy ultimate boss by spamming items to get demon Awakening. There is no way I'm going to max up my guide rank or ryu book, that's going to take a long time.

Overall, you know to what to expect from this game. More of the same stuff with minor new changes. If you like the previous hack gu series then you will like this.

Not sure how far im into it (cant judge by hours since i leave my PS3 on overnight to level up my bike/crimson VS). I just finished the first match in the tournament. It gets kinda old how everything that happens seems to be based around the tournaments.

Is it worth it to level up all the Lost Weapons? I'm assuming that since each one requires 85 cores and a boss battle its gotta be worth it, but I just wanted to make sure.

[quote name='Bezerker']Not sure how far im into it (cant judge by hours since i leave my PS3 on overnight to level up my bike/crimson VS). I just finished the first match in the tournament. It gets kinda old how everything that happens seems to be based around the tournaments.

Is it worth it to level up all the Lost Weapons? I'm assuming that since each one requires 85 cores and a boss battle its gotta be worth it, but I just wanted to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Your pretty far away from beating this game. Your not even close to getting the XS form, the front box art for hack gu vol 3. It seem like developer got really lazy with this episode and they did more of same thing like tournament, even the last boss
is the same boss from the last .dot hack series. Both have the exact same move, animation and event sequence

It is worth level up your Lost weapons, they deal more damage with their unique skills. Don't try to hold to many of them, maximum is 99 virus cores. And when you max all the lost weapons you can exchange them for permanent stats boost. That going to take awhile since your missing one epitaph users. I wonder who it is?

1st level-10
2nd level-25
3rd level-50
final form- fight level 135 monster

Ryu points from gamefaqs
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/929995/47893
[quote name='dothackersnet']
Ryu Book I - Battle
-------------------

Battle Win --- 1 point
Sneak Attack --- 3 Points per Success
Rengeki --- 2 Points per Success
Awakening --- 3 Points per use

Ryu Book II - Party
-------------------

Trade --- 18 points per trade
Party group --- 5 points each time you build a team
Present --- 10 points per present
Present cost --- 1 per 100G

Ryu Book III - Box
-------------------
Open beast god box --- 30 points each time
Open normal chest ---3 points per time
Open trap box --- 20 points per time
Small boxes\those strange things you kick --- 2 points per time

Ryu Book IV - Item
-------------------
Weapon - 12 points per type
Armor - 18 points per type
Accessory - 18 points per type
Item - 6 points per item type

Ryu Book V - Exploring
-------------------
Play Time --- 5 points per 30 minutes
Field Tranfer --- 35 points per entry
Shrine Transfer --- 35 points per entry
Cavern Transfer --- 35 points per entry

Ryu Book VI - Arena
-------------------
Arena battle - 7 points each register
CounterHit - 7 points per success
WP gain - 1 per 1 wp

Ryu Book VII - Monster
-------------------
Ghost Type --- 15 points per type
Demon Type --- 35 points per type
Sea Beast --- 60 points per type
Natural Type --- 25 points per type
Bird Type --- 30 points per type
Plant Type --- 40 points per type
Devil Beast --- 20 points per type
Machine Type --- 35 points per type
Dragon Type --- 35 points per type
Shelled Type --- 35 points per type
??? Type --- 25 points per type

Ryu Book VIII - Bike
-------------------
Bike use - 15 points per 1 minute
Run Over an enemy - 80 points per ownage (sadistic abuse of monsters)

Guild Enhancements
---------------------

--Level 7 (100000GP)--
Increase storage capacity to 120

--Level 8 (800000GP)--
Increase Canard's shop's max # of items for sale to 15
Recovery at platform in areas(Once per area, hp recovery i think)

--Level 9 (1500000GP)--
Full Recovery at platform in areas(Once per area, hp+sp+status recovery)[/quote]

Thanks for the Ryu book info, my "Item" and "Treasure" books are the only thing i have left at level 5 (yea, i didnt complete them in vol 2). Everything else is 7-9.

I'm looking forward to getting the new form. Just became the palace emporer.
That scene with Sakaki getting killed by the Azure's was awesome ^_^
I'm, gonna do a bit more lvl grinding and get the rest of the lost weapons (along with helping Mecha Grunty). I'm at 130 now, which seemed to be overkill for the tournament, but hey; only 20 levels to go, might as well fight it out.

Bezerker, that's overkill getting your characters to level 130. You can even tackle the last boss with that amount of experience points. I can't blame you for over leveling, it pretty easy to net a full level in 2 to 4 random encounters, depending on stage level/Raigeki attacks.

Heh, i'm up to 143 now. Just got my Xth form (yay!). I found a great area for the side quests. "Competing Cupid's Slacker" has a Battle area right in front of the entrance, and one square up is a Mecha Grunty and a Lucky Animal. I love the Xth form so far, except for the reloading. I read that you can go back to a "certain area" (spoiler free ;-) ) and use your Cheat Codes to upgrade your weapon.

I think the final boss makes sense as it all ties into the same things as the last series, not to mention 4 characters in your party are from the legendary .hackers (well, at least 3, i'm not sure if Sora was ever one).

Some person on youtube posted a bunch of videos of hack gu vol3, and one of them is guard canceling technique for faster attacks. I never try this technique before, nor do I attend to. I'm done with this game.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=x59kmas-W04[/media]

I was watching couple of his videos and something really caught my eye, relationship cut-scenes. When you building up your relationship meter (via by putting them in your party for extended periods of time, giving gifts or item, send cards, choosing the correct choices on email) to max, you can activate a character cut-scene.

FYI, don't look at his/her last boss video .... it just plain horrible. I beat it about minute or two with my level 145 characters compared to their lengthly 15+ minute video. The last boss takes too much damage if your level far exceeds the boss since they take a large damage penalty for being under leveled.

Beat the game, ending was dissapointing. I've gotten all the characters, including Natsume, so i'm gonna work on getting the girls' affection meters up. I've also still gotta get enough 200ish virus cores to finish off my lost weapons >

bread's done
Back