Hainstings Anime YMMV to be safe

ihavenolife123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hi guys, first thread, and i hope it isnt a repeat.

I went to hastings looking for a $5 Ninja gaiden Black (refer to the appropriate forum)
As i was browsing the Anime section, I came across the following that got my eye

Elfen Lied Complete series, in Used art Box, for $17.99 (its a deal because they usually give it out for 25.99 with only volume 1, this one had all four)

Also, but you might not be as interested as i was:
Magic knight Reyearth Season 1: $24.99 (Its hard to find it for $30 as it is)

Just hoping to help out the community.
Here is a preview of both, if you care to know. Just know already that I watched Elfen Lied recently and loved it, and MKR I watched it on Mexican Television (read: Spanish) and it is part of when I began to love anime.

Elfen Lied is not your tipical Anime. There is Constant nudity (no genitalia, for better or for worse) as well as violence (we are talking blood-fountains). Nudity involves 0% fan-service (that I recall) There is no pany-cleavage shots that I recall, in fact, nudity just happens to be part of the picture, and therefore it was overlooked. It is simply the given Artistic Compromise.
Violence as well. That is also its greatest criticism. Therefore, you must be prepared to look beyond that, because I wouldnt call it an action series. It is certaintly (IMO) much deeper than that. Giving it a genre would sort of spoil it, but keep in mind.

MKR on the other hand, is a Magic Girl Series, and since im pulling from memory, its harder to explain. There is certaintly more action, and less violent. Actually, it might be less "deep" but it isnt unsatisfactory, the plot isnt bland, but this is more nostalgic value for myself.

Keep in mind that it is hainstings and you cuold always return them.

[quote name='Gara']Are you talking about gohastings? Link to the elfen lied? I don't see it but it might be sold[/QUOTE]

I believe he's talking about the B&M Hastings stores (which can be found on gohastings.com)

[quote name='TimTucker']I believe he's talking about the B&M Hastings stores (which can be found on gohastings.com)[/quote]

Damn! He sure is a tease then. I wonder how he came up with hainstings....

Crunk. I'm gonna check this out later today, but without high hopes. Usually Hastings is pretty sketchy on having nationwide B&M sales. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back