Half a year at gamefly...Free! (with a heightened heart rate!)

gamemasterjd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well as the monopoly game winds down, i finally took advantage of the online game. I lucked out and started playin when they gave out games, (this week). All together i got a bout 30 cell games, 5+ copies of blaster ball, 6 months of game blast, and 6 months of Gamefly. Excellence thy name is heart disease. Just wished i won the Xbox....

I won 1 month so far today. I'm waiting for more game pieces to come in the mail (I sent away requests) so hopefully I can win a few more months.

what i find interesting they said you can have 2 accounts as long as different emails and cc numbers. I got 16 months now on one account i think im going to open up a 2nd account so i can have 4 games out at once.

[quote name='slidecage']what i find interesting they said you can have 2 accounts as long as different emails and cc numbers. I got 16 months now on one account i think im going to open up a 2nd account so i can have 4 games out at once.[/quote]

Damn, 16 months will probably put you clean through until they go out of business/are bought by Amazon or Best Buy :twisted:

I just got off the phone from Gamefly.... right now i got an account with Free games till FEB 9 2006, I was thinking about starting up a new account so i could have 4 games out at a time instead of 2. Well i called up gamefly and after around 40 mins on the phone with the people i found out that Gamefly has CHanged the rules for the game and now you can only get 6 MONTHS FREE. if you put more then 6 codes in YOu will not be credited. they said that people are using fake codes to get free months or something

THis goes into effect today so if you had codes before today your account should be good. CALL gamefly to be sure though.....

I will have almost 400 codes now and nothing to use them on. If i come up with any gamefly codes im wondering if anyone would be interested in buying some. Either that or i will just blow them all on more pogo.. Man it sucks they changed it then again i guess i should be happy they even allowed me to get this far

One free account wasn't good enough for you?
They probably changed the rules because of greedy people like you. Nice work.

Is today the last day of the contest? or does it go into next week? I didn't even know about the online component and my brother and I have a ton of pieces laying around. I did the "6 codes per day" for me and him and didn't win anything good.. I'm shooting for a gamefly subscription or pogo access and am wondering how many trys it took everyone to get anything other than "free blasterball/shock sub/cell game"?

WRONG they changed the rules cause people were using Codes they ripped off from mcdonalds. They said they would have no problem with people getting 2-3 years free but with all the fake codes that are coming into their system they had to limit it to 6 codes per household......How this sounds that a ton of fake codes came into their system last night cause these rules just came accross and the first person didnt even know there was a limit. SO dont blame me for this changing blame the people who ripped the pieces off from mcdonalds. This happened a few years ago and it happened again. So dont blame me if people need to rip places off and companies need to change the rules. I know for a fact there was a few people here who were bragging that they got a case of Fry boxes for free

So now i got to decide to either use the codes for more pogo or to get gamefly codes and give them away

[quote name='CheapyD']One free account wasn't good enough for you?
They probably changed the rules because of greedy people like you. Nice work.[/quote]

Exactly... there's a difference between finding a good deal and cashing in on it and totally exploiting loopholes in the system. We all know from past experience with Gamefly promotions (the 6 months free Best Buy deal) that they're very proactive when it comes to monitering this sort of thing, so to call them up and ask if you could have 2 free accounts to get 4 free games at a time is just stupid and is the sort of thing that screws it up for everyone.

[quote name='joeposh'][quote name='CheapyD']One free account wasn't good enough for you?
They probably changed the rules because of greedy people like you. Nice work.[/quote]

Exactly... there's a difference between finding a good deal and cashing in on it and totally exploiting loopholes in the system. We all know from past experience with Gamefly promotions (the 6 months free Best Buy deal) that they're very proactive when it comes to monitering this sort of thing, so to call them up and ask if you could have 2 free accounts to get 4 free games at a time is just stupid and is the sort of thing that screws it up for everyone.[/quote]

well I didnt call them up about getting another FREE ACCOUNT ( i almost did but then saw in the Mcdonald rules Limit 1 per household) What i did was I called them up to see if i could pay the extra 8 bucks to move from a 2 game to a 3 game account after 60 days. This is then when they told me that they now have a cap of 6 months per account .. Again so dont blame me for this BLAME THE PEOPLE WHO RIPPED OFF CODES...

Since im now stuck with 300 or so mcdonald codes I might start selling off gamefly codes dirt cheap but i wont know until i get them. I will sell them dirt cheap in 6 packs hopefully 6 months = 120 + vaule

yea if you already have an account you can use 6 codes to get 6 free months . like i said I might have some to either sell or give away starting sunday (im out of codes i can enter in the mcdonald game today so tomorrow will be the next day i can play)

Also everyone might want to call Gamefly to see if this is right cause i called back to see if i can give codes away and they acted like they didnt know about the 6 month thing

[quote name='slidecage']i won 14 months of gamefly so far (today seems to be the best i won 7 months today alone so far)[/quote]

how did you win 7 months in one day? Can you use more than six codes?

Yeah I thought it was six codes per day. It sounds like people are creating multiple accounts. I would assume that McDs is not to happy with people exploiting the system. The only good prizes I won was the snapfish photos... and the music downloads.

Gamefly is $22 a month so I guess you have yourself $132 prize packages if you sell 6 months worth of codes.

I would guess that you would be hard pressed to find someone willing to pay more than $60 for it though.

[quote name='Indiana']Yeah I thought it was six codes per day. It sounds like people are creating multiple accounts. I would assume that McDs is not to happy with people exploiting the system. The only good prizes I won was the snapfish photos... and the music downloads.

Gamefly is $22 a month so I guess you have yourself $132 prize packages if you sell 6 months worth of codes.

I would guess that you would be hard pressed to find someone willing to pay more than $60 for it though.[/quote]

There is also a 14 dollar a month plan.

I'm guessing that is 1 game at a time for $14 a month? I guess it is cheaper than renting at the store but it still seems expensive to me.

I'm much more of a purchase them for $15 or so and trade them if I don't like them...

I won one month and just got Chances for the rest, so out of 24 codes, I got 1 month free at gamefly. I'm happy about that since I can use it now to play all of these great games for the season and have fun for a month. Is there a deadline to start the free month by?

codes must be used by NOV 21 i think or 22 .... Since i cant win anymore for myself i will give a hint.... It might just been the spots i was on but it seems around 24 to 37 after the hour i hit chest a lot.. I once hit comm chest 3 times in a row during this time period... If i would sell codes i think i wil sell them for around 7 each or 6 for 35..............

I have none right now but will be putting more game codes in this weekend so who knows what i will hit

How do you stack codes to the subscription? I have 2 codes, do I enter the first code, then go back and enter the 2nd code to win 2 months?

Edit - I just entered the first code, went back to enter the 2nd code and it's telling me there is a problem with my account, I e-mailed customer service but did that happen to anyone else?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']How do you stack codes to the subscription? I have 2 codes, do I enter the first code, then go back and enter the 2nd code to win 2 months?

Edit - I just entered the first code, went back to enter the 2nd code and it's telling me there is a problem with my account, I e-mailed customer service but did that happen to anyone else?[/quote]

is this a new account. If so they need to make sure you are who you say you are. (check your cc number and stuff) Call them up and they will fix it for you. Same thing happen to me

I had an account but never signed up for rental service (I set up an account when I someone posted they had some game for $2 but it was sold out). If they don't respond to my e-mail, I'll calll them, thanks for the info.

bread's done
Back