Half Life 2 Collectors edition (PC) $50 shipped free at Amazon

Afbs47

CAG Veteran
I didn't see this posted anywhere... On amazon.com they have half life 2 collectors edition for 50 bucks. 30 bucks off the regular price.

" In addition to a limited edition DVD-ROM version of Half-Life 2, this Collector's Edition also includes:

* Counter-Strike: Source - The next generation of the #1 online action game

* Half-Life: Source - Digitally remastered version of the original acclaimed PC game

* Free Limited Edition T-shirt - Offered in men's size XL only

* Half-Life 2 Prima Book - Information on character backgrounds, the making of the game, and more than 100 pieces of artwork."

So i guess we're getting a free shirt and Prima book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002X7Y2C

You get a free shirt, prima book, and HL source.. which isn't much different than regular half-life, except the scientists and all other enemies now have ragdoll physics, and you can pin scientists and enemies to the wall with the crossbow, which is fun.

Also, please be aware, that while it says it's CD-Rom, the collector's edition is DVD ONLY.

I'm actually wearing the shirt right now. It's a plain black shirt with the lambda symbol (half-life logo) and a 2 above it. Both logos are silver, and it looks pretty cool.

I got mine before this joint goes OOS. 50 bucks for an 80 buck game is hotness. I get the dvd edition(which i wanted more than the cd) and a shirt, although i perfer 2xl its better than an L

[quote name='MadChedar0']Seems too good to be true....[/quote]

I don't think so but i don't know...
On the order page it doesn't display the price. It says that when you put it into your cart there is an additional discount. That is where it shows up at 50 bucks. I ordered mine and got the confirmation email. So we'll see.

are there any demos of this game? I want to see how well it will run first.

I have a radeon 9600 128-bit. 1.8 GHZ. 1GB RAM. AMD Athlon 64 Processor 2800+ .

19.99 is a steal though. I might some good use out of that visa card since I buy quite a bit from amazon.

well that was fast. :( . Ah well, i guess its for the better. I already have way too many games to play right now.

dpatel,
if you go to microsoft.com and click Games and Xbox on the left hand side.Then click on Gaming on Windows XP and then click the Windows Game advisor. You run that and search for a game and it will tell you how well your computer is for the game. That will give you somewhat of an idea.

Yeah, SOMEWHAT of an idea. Said mine would run HL2 like crap but I get a constant 40+ fps. Your PC would play it just fine, dpatel.

There was a D. Patel in my 8th grade class..

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, SOMEWHAT of an idea. Said mine would run HL2 like crap but I get a constant 40+ fps. Your PC would play it just fine, dpatel.

There was a D. Patel in my 8th grade class..[/quote]

I'm not surprised. Patel is a common name. Its like Smith, but for indians.

[quote name='Afbs47'][quote name='MadChedar0']Seems too good to be true....[/quote]

I don't think so but i don't know...
On the order page it doesn't display the price. It says that when you put it into your cart there is an additional discount. That is where it shows up at 50 bucks. I ordered mine and got the confirmation email. So we'll see.[/quote]

Yeah, and I mean Amazon.com is a reputable site. A great deal and find Afbs47. More power to you.

And might I add, that was one hell of a first (or second) post. I see you've been here a while.. silently learning the ways :) Welcome (officially) to the board, here's to hoping that you can bring more huge deals!

haha. Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I've been coming here for awhile, even a little before i signed up. I was just looking up some stuff on amazon and for some reason i searched for half life 2. Good thing I did.

[quote name='CokeCola']Odd. I'd get it if I could see the right price.[/quote]
Try adding it to your cart, right from the landing page.

I've clicked add to cart on the first page the deal links to, gone to the actual product page and added to cart, and gone to the dealer's page and clicked Amazon's add to cart. Comes up $59.99 everytime. Also tried IE (I normally use FireFox), and I cleared my cookies. Even tried my roommate's Linux system.

It says $59.99 for me, too. Also, when I put my zip code for availability, it says out of stock. Maybe there's a correlation. I signed up for the Visa, and that extra $10 would really come in handy for the sweet spot ($20).

Bit the bullet and ordered it. Hopefully, I'll get refunded $10 later, after getting a hold of some customer support. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='Afbs47']
So i guess we're getting a free shirt and Prima book.
[/quote]
HL:S isn't on the CD version, so your getting that also.

bread's done
Back