Half-life 2 The Orange box (PC) $37.99 at Circuit City/Fry's

sistem_shock

CAGiversary!
Yup title says it all. Great deal for some who havent gotten it yet. Buy online or in store. OR if you want you could go to bestbuy show the ad then have a price match.

Note: There is also an ad for The Orange Box for this price in the newspaper so you could look for that also.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/The-Orange-Box-PC-014633098525/sem/rpsm/oid/194703/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

This game is even cheaper at Fry's for $36. Check your news paper for the ad or click here http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/...id=32664&type=

Cheap gaming ftw :D

[quote name='iamthekiller']finally available for online purchase on the cc website

edit: oh my god, in-store pickup only... what shit[/quote]

Now they have it online but I'm sure its not for long
All my stores still say out of stock, but it said that yesterday too when I went and picked it up CC's website service pretty much suck.

[quote name='tightclaws']Now they have it online but I'm sure its not for long
All my stores still say out of stock, but it said that yesterday too when I went and picked it up CC's website service pretty much suck.[/quote]

Looks like PM'ing at BB would be the way to go. It's only available for in-store pick-up and the stores are... =(

[quote name='speedracer']No. They only pricematch. Take the Circuit City ad with you, buy the game at Best Buy for full price, then march right over to Customer Service and say you just saw it in the CC ad cheaper. They refund the difference + 10%. If you hand them the ad when checking out, they only match it.[/quote]

I did this, once, and Best Buy told me to preferably "wait one day after the purchase".

Best Buy did go ahead and do the Price Match, but since I live in the SF Bay Area, I could go to Circus City (I don't like Circus City for New PC Games,) but since Fry's has a 16gb USB Flash Drive for $140 (and it's the rugged Corsair one, price not available online,) 10-11-2007 only, might as well go to Fry's today.

I just wish the prices for the separate games on steam were more reasonable. I really really want to play Portal, but $20 is a bit much.

I'm really disappointed that they canceled the package that would have included just the new stuff. I mean, why sell new things to people for cheaper when you can throw old stuff they already own in and up the price?

Definitely a case of a company having enough good karma to offset a kind of sleaze ball move.

Imagine if the only way you could buy Halo 3 was by buying the Halo Box with all 3 Halos in it for $80. Sure you're getting a good deal, but you're forcing people to pay for things they don't want.

DOWN WITH BUNDLING!!

[quote name='cruzfactor']since i already own hl2 and episode one, does anybody know what the prices of episode two and team fortress 2 are separately? can i just download them off steam?[/QUOTE]
If you already own them and they are associated with your Steam account you will get "1 gift" listed next to each game you already have when you install The Orange Box with the same Steam account. You can then give (or sell, I guess) these games to someone else.

CC is sold out online. I tried calling it in and it didn't work either :(

Someone please post an online deal asap for $40 or less shipped!

[quote name='teetu']CC is sold out online. I tried calling it in and it didn't work either :(

Someone please post an online deal asap for $40 or less shipped![/QUOTE]

it's not sold out online - it was just literally never available for shipping, in-store pickup only

I price-matched it at BB since CC was sold out. The old lady at customer service wouldn't give me the 10% of the difference though. She said she couldn't do price-matches in one order or something. The way she explained it, I could've bought the game for regular price, and then returned with the CC ad tomorrow and then gotten the 110%, but I couldn't circumvent all that trouble by just getting the 110% in one order.. It made no sense at all, but I wasn't going to make another trip or raise hell for $1.20.

I could've just bought the game and then taken the receipt to CS, except I was told they didn't have it in stock, so I went to CS for a rain check when an employee interjected and said they had the game in the back. I had brought up the price match when asking for a rain check, so I would've had to buy it at regular price at the counter and then come back for the 110% price match, but that would've been somewhat spiteful. On second thought, I probably should have done that.

[quote name='Shimrra']On the plus side once Im done with the 360 version I can get at least more trade in credit than the pc version. Alot of place dont accept PC games any more for trade ins.[/quote]

Who needs store credit when you can sell it on ebay for cash?

Or is it not posible to transfer the activation code?

[quote name='Sideswiper']Who needs store credit when you can sell it on ebay for cash?

Or is it not posible to transfer the activation code?[/quote]
From what I understand, it costs $10 to transfer each activation code once its been registered.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Does anyone know how long this sale is going to be? I may be able to pick this up Monday, I hope to get it less than $40.[/quote]

Ends Saturday.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Genunine Intel CPU 1.6 GhZ[/quote]

If you download steam, it will give you min and reccomended sys req for its games. And I think there are some sites out there where you can check if yours will work but I dont know the name.

I'm trying to get it for less then $40 as well.
But I dont have a Fry's around where I live.
Anyone willing to pick one up for me?
Or know of a place online I can get it cheap?

[quote name='Slash']No, but all you need is the CDKey anyways and activate it on Steam. I didn't bother with the discs at all.[/quote]well this is true, but i kinda like having the discs so that way it doesnt take forever to just download the games off steam

BTW. If you haven't gotten around to buying this yet, don't worry. The City has it in next week's ad for only $2.00 more --- $39.99.

yes ive never played the game until now. It blows other fps's out of the water. The graphics are awsome and the physics are amazing. Not to mention it is an old game.

I drove to the second-nearest CC to pick this up earlier today (the nearest CC was out of stock) and picked it up. I figured $38 was only $8 more than Episode 2 on Steam (which is all I originally wanted out of the Orabge Box) so an extra $10 was worth it to get Portal. Portal was a fun game I just finished it in one sitting today (yeah the end song is neat :)). Plus now I gots TF2 which I may try out sometime. I remember playing the orignal TF on Quake a looong time ago and it was a blast, even with my 28.8 modem connection.

I was gonna grab a PSP slim and Worms Open Warfare 2 as well but they didn't have either in stock. Good thing I guess as that saved me a cool $250 :).

Ruahrc

Has anyone tried this on the 360 version? I know that it shouldn't work, but a misinformed employee might change the price on the console version.

Does anyone recommend CC.com to ship it? I'm willing to wait for free shipping, but I don't know about if it'll meet estimated time/be well packed.

I tried to buy it online and was not even offered the option of shipping. It was in-store pickup only.

In fact I even tried to buy the game online for in-store but when I went to confirm the order it told me that it could not confirm the inventory at that particular store, so I couldn't even buy it online at all. I just drove to the store and bought it myself.

Ruahrc

[quote name='rly723']which version is better...PC $40 or 360 $60??[/quote]

I prefer pc because i like FPS stuff better with a mouse. But with a PC you have to worry about specs - with consoles you know it will work.

[quote name='rly723']which version is better...PC $40 or 360 $60??[/QUOTE]

I got the PC version because FPS's control better with a mouse/keyboard. For graphics it depends on your computer specs, if you have a good system the PC will look better, if your system isn't that good the 360 will probably look better.

The game requirements are nothing compared to any newer games coming out.
So im going to buy this its not even released till the 19th in game for me...:drool:

[quote name='menikmati']Grabbed one yesterday at Fry's in Fountain Valley, had a shit-ton of them too.[/quote]

Bah, San Jose Brokaw Fry's on the date of release (10-13-2007) was sold out, when I got there around 6 P.M. San Francisco, CA time.

However, and this is a YMMV, I got a raincheck for the total price (including tax) of less than $41.

I got 30 days to use the raincheck.

Bah, I tried to price match to CC on Thursday at BB, and they called to confirm stock and CC said they were sold out. I tried again today for Fry's pm, but they called again and apparently Fry's is sold out too. What a waste of time. The only reason I wanted to buy it at Best Buy was to use my reward zone certificates.

Any up-to-date info on whether or not Circuit City will offer Online shipping for this? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

bread's done
Back